Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 05:33 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times

Advertisements

good morning everyone
ok yesterday we broke the record it was 85 and broke the 1989 record

now today it may hit 67 if we are lucky

shorts to sweats and back again

as most of you know Thursdays are my "day off" so today I am taking the car in for a oil change and to have a couple things checked out lol when I called to schedule the apt he said " this service B1 is checking the belts & fluids and rotate tires etc to the tune of $198" omg I told him there are only 7,000 miles on the car.
he went on "well you know this is what Acura recommends to keep it in brand new showroom condition" lol and I bet Acura would recommend that I trade our 99 4-runner in for a new MDX also
yeah right lol hubby can check the belts
lol see what happens when I have diet pepsi with caffeine I get "spunky"

so what are you exercise plans or day off plans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 06:29 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,774 times
Good Morning!
Schools are closed here today and I have a dentist appt this morning so will be taking the day off as well.
Karla, I know what you mean about those so called required service trips. When I took my 4Runner in for its 5k check up, it was $125 and about 2 months ago when I took it in for the 10k was told it would be $200. I opted for just the oil change and my hubby will do the rest as it seemed like most of the cost was for labor and not because they were actually doing anything other than looking it over.
Have a great day everyone!

Old 02-07-2008, 07:26 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,244,197 times
LOL! My husband used to work for a place that does oil changes. They get bonus based on the amount of extra stuff they can sell you. It is not uncommon for your $19.95 oil change to end up costing you $200 unless you tell them up front that you want your oil changed and you are not going to pay for anything else.

It is already 74 degrees here but the front is getting close. It is humid and gross. Shadow walked me cautiously around this morning as it is trash day.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:38 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,623,282 times
Good morning! Well, going to skip a workout this morning and believe it or not, take down the Christmas tree that is still standing in my living room. Time for a pre Spring cleaning. Have a great day!

Old 02-07-2008, 07:58 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Jeannie, you take the record! Even my mother, who puts her tree up before Halloween, takes it down in early January. I'll try to rep you for that, but I think I'm still in rep purgatory. LOL

I think Lazy Susan's back. It's sticky here today, too, until that front that's around Evey gets down here later. We expect to see mid 70's for the rest of the week, but mid 80's today. Pool time!

Take care, all, and dress for the weather wherever you are.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:15 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,348,336 times
Hi everyone.
I'm going to work in the yard today and sweep the garage out. Getting ready for open house on Sat.
You all have a great day.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:15 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Good morning! Well, going to skip a workout this morning and believe it or not, take down the Christmas tree that is still standing in my living room.
LOL. Wow. Now I dont feel so bad about throwing out leftovers from Thanksgiving last night.

I had a hard time waking up this morning so instead of running I decided to do 20-30 minutes of jump rope and kung fu practice this morning. The Magster (Maggie) was running around and spotted a huge opossum near the garage and before I could grab her to keep her from charging it, the opossum looked at her, snarled and big ol Maggie got scared and ran behind me. Some protector she is.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:16 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times
rofl yup jeannie wins !!!!!!

Old 02-07-2008, 01:36 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,539,160 times
Thanksgiving leftovers, 'eh? Musta been the green bean casserole!
Well, I did about a half an hour of 'cardio'-my version anyway, and now I have to go shovel again-this weather is just crazy. Have a good rest of the day, everybody.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:46 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,984 times
Ever have one of those days? Everything I seem to touch breaks or goes haywire. I made the hubster drive me to the store since I wasn't feeling Lady Luck was on my side. I even went for a sixer at the bottom of the drive where we now have a wonderful skating rink. Anyhoo, managed to get two walks in today without being run over!

Hey Jeannie, my MIL left her real tree up so long last year that they decorated it for Easter!

How is your dog Karla?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals