Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 05:03 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

That is muscles I haven't used in a while
Since I got most of my major gardening done early this spring, yesterday "herb garden overhaul " reminded my muscles that they were there got a terrific upper body work out lol even my fingers are sore from all the weed pulling

hmm maybe I should of asked for help moving the 60# potted "yesterday, today & tomorrow" plant

I was going to put off mowing the front until tomorrow until I found out that my friends next door (the one's I babysit with) are having out of town company that arrives this evening
Her brother and his family that have never been to their house

the hubby was out mowing at 7 pm last night and told me his wife was gong crazy to get everything ready for the visit
rofl hence his 7 pm mowing
So I figure I will mow this morning so that it looks tidy for them

I guess that will cover today's lower body workout
hey with the heat I guess the added bonus will be the "sauna" effect to help clear out the pores
See lol if you try hard enough you can find benefits for the heat & humidity

ok off to get the "? 0' the day " done

What is everyone doing today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 05:19 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,044,320 times
I'm feeling it too ... and that's why I'm sitting today out. I'll use the day to catch up with email, work for my website, a little house repair stuff, etc. Maybe if I can get the rest of the carpet removed without creating another hernia, that can be considered by workout for the day.

I hope everyone has a terrific (and not too humid) day!

Charley

Old 07-22-2008, 05:32 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Hi Karla and Charley, I already tried to send some cool air over to your place. Now it's a bit warmer here.

Today's plan is step aerobic and I still need to create the choreography for the class. Hmmm, I'm out of ideas at the moment. Will do that lateron.

I also have to clean the kitchen so that will be my extra workout for arms and legs.

Have a great day!
Diana

Old 07-22-2008, 06:08 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Have to run some errands, Diana, so I'll look for those off buttons for us. If I find them, I'll send you one as a gift!

Was going to get back on my bike this a.m., but when the weather guy told me it was already 80 out there w/87% humidity = 87 degrees heat index, and this was at 6 a.m., I decided not to go.

Had a little excitement here this morning. We filled the bird feeders and, on my way from the garage to the back yard, I heard a noise and turned to be staring face to face at a coral snake! First off, I am not a big fan of snakes and, secondly, I really don't want to get any closer to a deadly snake than the encyclopedia! Well, that was my first. DH did kill him. We don't like to kill anything, but with NN (Who's blind) next door and all the little doggies around, we didn't feel like there was a choice.

Well, DH is chomping at the bit to do our errands. I'll see y'all later.

Charley.....go easy on that carpet, ok?? Maybe DS could help you rip it up??? JUst a suggestion.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:46 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
rofl Pattie, can't wait that you find these buttons.

Charley, if I lived closer I'd give you a hand with that carpet.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:58 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
omg pattie !!!
so glad you saw him first

the other day I saw a big black racer(harmless) snake slither across the back yard
rofl I bet they could here my "big snake omg big snake" through out the neighborhood

ok back in and the front is mowed and 4 1/2 beds weeded "holy cow" it is hot out there

Diana can you spare a tad bit more cool air

Charley I have pulled up carpet it is a work-out but pleeeease be careful
don't make us come up there !!!!!

ok off to shower off the "sauna sweat"

Old 07-22-2008, 08:08 AM

Hello all. Thank you for your words of wisdom. The carpet is now removed from the staircase and the small hallway. It was exhausting! There is still the issue of the tackless along the sides and the staples that held down the padding - but I need a break so I'm sitting for a while. I'll go back to it later.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:29 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 850,888 times
Good morning everyone! We have had some changes around here, so haven't had time to check in lately. Long story, but basically my step-son has moved back in with us (not sure for how long) so that necessitated some changes around our small house. He has been battling drugs off and on for the last year or so (he is only 18!!!!) and had gotten kicked out of his Mom's house for selling drugs and has been on the street for a while. He says he has seen the light and wants to get clean. Fingers crossed for him, he is such a good and sweet kid, he just needs to get his priorities straight!! So far so good... he got back into his AA meetings, is attending a drug counseling service and is looking for a job.

We are still doing our house remodeling project and that is going well and keeping me busy and 'exercising'. The rock wall is long gone and so is the wood paneling on the walls of the living room. We picked out some tile yesterday, dragged home the drywall (man is that stuff heavy!) and been running around getting materials. I think we are ready to start work today. Will get out this morning while it is cool and do my 30 minute walk around the neighborhood.

Wow! What a long post. Glad to see everyone doing ok. OMG nomoresnow... I would have died if I had seen that snake! I don't even like snakes, especially the nasty poisonous ones. Gives me the willies...

Have a great day!

Old 07-22-2008, 09:38 AM

JnR - keeping you and your family in my thoughts. I hope your step-son has a successful recovery and long-term good health!

Charley

Old 07-22-2008, 10:26 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JnR View Post
Good morning everyone! We have had some changes around here, so haven't had time to check in lately. Long story, but basically my step-son has moved back in with us (not sure for how long) so that necessitated some changes around our small house. He has been battling drugs off and on for the last year or so (he is only 18!!!!) and had gotten kicked out of his Mom's house for selling drugs and has been on the street for a while. He says he has seen the light and wants to get clean. Fingers crossed for him, he is such a good and sweet kid, he just needs to get his priorities straight!! So far so good... he got back into his AA meetings, is attending a drug counseling service and is looking for a job.

We are still doing our house remodeling project and that is going well and keeping me busy and 'exercising'. The rock wall is long gone and so is the wood paneling on the walls of the living room. We picked out some tile yesterday, dragged home the drywall (man is that stuff heavy!) and been running around getting materials. I think we are ready to start work today. Will get out this morning while it is cool and do my 30 minute walk around the neighborhood.

Wow! What a long post. Glad to see everyone doing ok. OMG nomoresnow... I would have died if I had seen that snake! I don't even like snakes, especially the nasty poisonous ones. Gives me the willies...

Have a great day!

Best of luck w/your stepson. I hope he's able to make it thru. He'll be in my thoughts.

Yeh, I'm not a big snake fan, either. My mom would have had a stroke and died right there if she'd seen it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals