Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 04:21 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

First let me say thank you for all of your nice notes
They really helped
I'm not gonna lie, the last few days have been pretty sucky
Hubby went into the office today so it is our first day where it is just me and lola and ralph
I have a feeling "reality" may be visiting today

It is in the 40's this morning with the winds it feels like 42
So how did my house end up back in the tundra
They are even calling for a possible freeze inland tomorrow morning

Today I have the carpet cleaners coming at 10 the wind and cooler weather should help to dry the carpets faster.

They say their equipment has 300#s of extraction power lol it will make my carpet cleaner seem like a hand vac
hmmm I wonder if they will let me give it a try !!!

I really missed you guys and am glad to be back

hugs to all of you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 08:21 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Welcome back Karla! It just isn't the same without you!

It is currently 28 and snowing at my house, if it makes you feel better.

Shadow & I have been out exploring the neighborhood. Yesterday Shadow met her first groundhog and she is eagerly hunting for another one. Now she knows what is in those holes......

Today is barn day. This pisses my husband off. Everything seems to **** him off these days.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:37 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
Good to have you back Karla. Go for a nice long walk if "reality" comes to visit!

Had a good workout this morning. Will be heading out for a walk later since it is so nice out. Evey, we had snow the other day. It felt like a slap in the face from ol' Mother Nature.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 04-07-2009, 11:06 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Hello, everybody, welcome back Karla! It's cold here too if that's any consolation, and it looks like it might snow. And I think the wind is kicking up again, so I better go fetch my garbage cans!

Today I did the 30 minute cardio and another workout with the same gal for abs/core which was 15 minutes.

My son's birthday is at the end of the month and I need to think of something to send him-any ideas?? His grama keeps sending him brownies, so that's out and I don't know of a way to send a cake where it wouldn't get plastered all over the inside of the box! There's a group that does gourmet cakes for troops overseas but it's over 50 dollars for about a 4/5 inch round cake. I have to think of a way to do it myself. Well, I have t look it up. I couldn't ever think of it myself.

Happy Tuesday everybody-Yay! I get to see Adam sing tonight!

Old 04-07-2009, 11:57 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Yay, Karla's back!

Busy day again today. Went for milk and OJ at Publix today, walked out $170 lighter. How do we do that??? Ran to the finance guy's place to drop off a check - that took 1/2 an hour. Came home, made chicken soup out of the wonderful chicken I'd roasted yesterday, it turned out great. That was lunch. We've had a bag of apples in the fridge since "Budah was a corporal" as my former FIL used to say, so I made a wonderful applesauce as a side for dinner tonight. Had to do it - needed the fridge room. Talked to my buddy Karla for a bit on the phone. Went out and watered all the plants because it's so windy, I'm thinking my sister might be landing on top of me in her house soon.

Evey, don't you just hate it when hubsters get PMS??? It must be in the air, because Len and I are just not seeing eye to eye the past couple of days. I think it's a good thing he'll be going up to visit his parents in a few weeks. I could use some alone time. Anyone want to come visit???

Have a great day, all.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:17 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Welcome back to the forum Karla.
We missed you.
When reality hits, just let it hit.
I'm not doing much of anything today.
I'm trying to teach the commands sit and off to Jasper. He's stubborn and strong willed.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:32 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
morning all
thanks for the wonderful welcome backs

well the carpets are nice and shiny clean it was such an easy process make me want to retire my carpet cleaner
lol the guy even let me try omg it made my cleaner seem like a hand vac if mine was that powerful I wouldn't think of retiring it

song I missed being able to say congrats on your new family member Jasper is quite the cutie !!!
I have found having a pocket full of treats goes a long way is teaching the sit
it even worked with Chaos who is even more stubborn than I am
One thing we use to tell the folks adopting greyhounds is if they jump up on you grab their 2 front paws pull them to the ground and say no or down

evey you know the snow came just to annoy you know who if he continues to be PMSy I would head to the barn with a pile of blankets and pillows and when he asks what they are for just give him the look and say "do you want 1 pillow or 2". that would give me an attitude adjustment

ok going to go get a paper towel to clean the D pepsi off the screen that went spewing when I read
"because it's so windy, I'm thinking my sister might be landing on top of me in her house soon. "
rofl I am so going to have to borrow that phrase

see you all on todays thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals