Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 10:51 AM

6 posts, read 21,394 times

Advertisements

MEET PEOPLE IN DALLAS "AND" ATL vs. Dallas

Hello Everyone,

I'm considering relocating to Dallas, Texas. I'm interested in learning more about the area and social atmosphere (groups between 35-43 yrs. old And Meet Overall-Positive People). I previously lived in Atlanta, Georgia for 9 years. Anywhere you go, it will have its Positive and Negatives. I'm very grateful to have lived in Atlanta for that period of time....I learned a lot about myself and got a Real feel of what it was like to move away from where I originally grew up and live in a different state.

However, having lived in Atlanta, I found that it's More of a place where there's A lot of Nightlife, Single people, Plenty of Entertainment and Partying. BUT, most people are Not interested in settling down and Don't want a one-on-one committed relationship and are not looking for long term relationships. There are Many positives about Atlanta, but written above was the Most Negative Aspect of living in Atlanta.

I Don't want to relocate to another city where people are just mainly interested in "Only" having fun and into the "Nightlife" and are Not really interested in having a Family and Settling down. I'm interested in moving to a place where you meet great people Socially and Professionally AND at the same time meet Great Quality Men who are truly interested in the Long Term, Committed One on One Relationships who are Not into Playing Games and want a Family. Also, Interested in black males but also open to meet men of All races and nationalities and to build Friendships with Authentic, Fun and Outgoing Men and meet other positive women.

With all this said, I would like to Hear back from people who live in the Dallas And Houston Area who can really tell me how it is because they've been there for a while and they can tell me from the Inside (inside scoop) how it Really is in reference to what I wrote above.
Example, I lived in Atlanta for 9 Years so I could thoroughly answer this same question if someone were to ask this question about Atlanta.

I look forward to Hearing and Receiving feedback from All of you. Thank You

Old 03-22-2011, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,257 times
Dallas is the best town in the country hands down, from its good southren cooking to the big city enviroment to plenty of suburbs if you don't like the urban area. Dallas is way hotter than Atlanta. Dallas is also close to the DFW airport. Atlanta is a materialistic city and there crime rate is much higher than Dallas'.To raise a family I would recommend Dallas' suburbs most of them are safe like Arlington, Irving, Grapevine, Mesquite, and the near by city Fort Worth. Overall Dallas is a good city to live in, but Atlanta is also a pretty good city to live in other than living in the Big D

Old 07-03-2011, 07:36 AM

2 posts, read 3,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
ATLANTA...
Why do you say that? im from chicago..have lived in atlanta for 20 years.now im about to relocate to dallas..i am 50 year old attractive black woman...what is the percentage of 50+ black singles..not to be confused with the club scene...been there done that....

Old 07-03-2011, 11:57 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,306,275 times
I moved to Dallas from Atlanta and think the entertainment and nightlife scenes for both cater to the same age groups. I don't think Atlanta is more of a party town than Dallas. Atlanta has a much larger reputation for hip hop nightlife which is thrown into that side of mainstream media so you may hear about it more on BET and other news outlets. But Dallas has a very fun nightlife scene. If you are looking to settle down I think you could do it in either city, it just depends on the people you surround yourself with. I personally prefer my life in Dallas over what I had in Atlanta, but I did enjoy my time in Atlanta. I feel like Dallas offered more of what I was looking for in somewhere to live. But everyone has their own checklist of what they want.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,671 times
Comparing Atlanta to Dallas is just plain Dumb. There is no comparison. Dallas is slow, country and although it gives the appearance that its larger than the greater metro area of Atlanta, its not. Check the numbers. Dallas is very flat which makes it seem "spread" out. Atlanta's downtown area plus Buckhead is basically like 2 cities and is alot larger thn downtown Dallas. Atlanta isnt Miami or New York but it's darn sure a nicer and more diverse city than Dallas. If youre moving from a larger city such as New York or Chicago, you'll transition a lot better in Atlanta. You can't beat the home prices, city and night life for a southern city that almost seems northern.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:19 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantathebest View Post
Comparing Atlanta to Dallas is just plain Dumb. There is no comparison. Dallas is slow, country and although it gives the appearance that its larger than the greater metro area of Atlanta, its not. Check the numbers. Dallas is very flat which makes it seem "spread" out. Atlanta's downtown area plus Buckhead is basically like 2 cities and is alot larger thn downtown Dallas. Atlanta isnt Miami or New York but it's darn sure a nicer and more diverse city than Dallas. If youre moving from a larger city such as New York or Chicago, you'll transition a lot better in Atlanta. You can't beat the home prices, city and night life for a southern city that almost seems northern.
You should check your facts. There is no measure (by city or metro area) in which Atlanta is more diverse than Dallas.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:22 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times
I spent a week in Atlanta for a conference, staying downtown in great hotel. Atlanta was a nice place to visit but I dont plan to return and wouldnt move there. DFW is much less a southern city than Atlanta, and has more diversity than I saw Atlanta. I dont care for the Atlanta airport as a place to fly through not DFW as a fly through point too. IAH is better than both hands down. While the geography of Atlanta was nice, it feels to me like a one dimensional southern city where Dallas has more diversity.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:37 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
I hate the way Atlantas Downtown street grid(or lack there of)is layed out. Its like the buildings are in a line on one street. I know its really not but it seems that way. That alone gives dallas the edge.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:30 AM

19,797 posts, read 18,093,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantathebest View Post
Congratulations for being wrong with almost every claim!

Dallas proper is twice the population and more of Atlanta proper.
DFW is far larger than Metro Atlanta in terms of population and area.
DFW CBD and overall has more office space than Atlanta by a significant number. So how is downtown Atlanta bigger?

Old 05-25-2012, 08:15 AM

663 posts, read 1,725,010 times
Last year I moved from metro Atlanta to the DFW area. I've maintained that I love Georgia but I absolutely hate Atlanta. By contrast, I don't particularly love all of Texas but I love the DFW area. Traffic is a dream compared to Atlanta. There are alternate routes here and surface streets that are 6-lanes wide! I prefer the slightly higher temperatures in exchange for much lower humidity. I like that diverse actually means diverse in DFW. In Atlanta, diverse is often a code word for black (as if a 90% black neighborhood is any more diverse than a 90% white one). I'm not entirely sure why someone named Atlantathebest felt the need to dredge up an old thread in the Dallas forum just to knock Dallas, but I don't think comparing Dallas to Atlanta is the most effective way to accomplish that goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas