Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 05:37 PM

26 posts, read 47,439 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I'm relocating to Dallas from Los Angeles but I'm originally from New York. While I'm excited to relocate I was pretty bummed out that there aren't any Trader Joes in Texas and there's no plans to have them there because they can't find a warehouse. Does anybody have a warehouse they can buy? So now I'm wondering what I'm going to do because Whole Foods is very expensive and Trader Joes won't ship food. (Yes I asked, those who shop at Trader Joes will understand) So my question is where can I shop in Texas were I can get natural food without the artificial colors and all the other chemicals that they put in food at prices that are economical? Please help me.

Last edited by sunshine92004; 08-06-2010 at 06:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 05:58 PM

184 posts, read 335,862 times
omg have you tried their cornbread?

Old 08-06-2010, 06:08 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,274,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine92004 View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm relocating to Dallas from Los Angeles but I'm originally from New York. While I'm excited to relocate I was pretty bummed out that there aren't any Trader Joes in Texas and there's no plans to have them there because they can't find a warehouse. Does anybody have a warehouse they can buy? So now I'm wondering what I'm going to do because Whole Foods is very expensive and Trader Joes won't ship food. (Yes I asked, those who shop at Trader Joes will understand) So my question is where can I shop in Texas were I can get natural food without the artificial colors and all the other chemicals that they put in food at prices that are economical? Please help me.
Try Central Market, otherwise I think you're out of luck. Some farmer's markets might be a good source, but most of them around here sell conventionally-grown produce. Sprouts is good for a lot of healthy groceries but again most of their meat and produce is conventional.

Get ready to pay a LOT more for fruits/veggies here. Consider yourself warned. And the whole "we can't find a warehouse" story is bunk. Trader Joe's isn't here because they don't want to be.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:10 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,804,442 times
It's not just that TJ can find a warehouse. It has to do with the shipping of wine and such into the state.
Sprouts is a decent replacement, but nothing beats TJ's dried granny smith apples... so wish I had some of those!

Old 08-06-2010, 06:10 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,556,577 times
Sprouts is good--also Newflower Market, which is pretty much a Sprouts knock-off, is on Henderson St. in Dallas. Great meat specials.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:14 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,274,604 times
There's no H&M here either. That's something I DO wish we had.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:18 PM

1,164 posts, read 2,058,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
It's not just that TJ can find a warehouse. It has to do with the shipping of wine and such into the state.
Sprouts is a decent replacement, but nothing beats TJ's dried granny smith apples... so wish I had some of those!
I doubt it has to do with wine. They're not allowed to sell wine in Pennsylvania (only the state can sell wine) but they're there.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:26 PM

687 posts, read 1,577,870 times
Trader Joes has actively chosen not to come to Texas. I'm not sure why. Although after living in Santa Fe for a while, I never really caught on to what the big deal was about Trader Joe's. I get all of the things I could have gotten there at other places here in Dallas. No big loss in my book.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:15 AM

681 posts, read 2,359,360 times
Central Market is, by far, the best grocery store I've been to (and I've been to Trader Joes), and their prices are pretty good (if you're comparing exact labels). There have been more than a few times were I picked up basics there and noticed their prices were lower than my neighborhood Market Street.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:19 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,683,373 times
Always have to get my TJ fix when I head out to my quarterly Bay area trip........ wish we had them here! There's nothing local that is at all as great......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas