Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 12:59 PM

79 posts, read 199,590 times

Advertisements

[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by majicdonjuan View Post
I find it interesting that the OP really believes this gibberish about white people being smarter than black people.
Thanks for coming - I haven't had lunch yet.

Not gibberish, well documented in research. Read through my first thread, "Diversity is nothing to be proud of," for references. Also, the fact that white people are generally smarter than blacks, that just about every ethnic group in the world is generally smarter than blacks, is not only well documented, it's known by most of the people of the world.

Quote:
Since cherry picking statistics seems to be popular on his end, I wonder if the OP knows who the ethnic group with the highest educational achievement is in the United States? Japanese? Chinese? Indian?
Nope, the answer is Nigerians.Now, the next question is, is there something qualitatively different from Nigerians than American-born blacks?
Heard that before. Not sure it's true, though maybe it is. Anyway, the comparatively small numbers of self-selected, coddled, favored, and affirmative-actioned Nigerians in this country are better known for their criminal behavior than their academic achievements. I wonder if that has something to do with their IQs, low or high as they may be?

Quote:
At a glance, not really. Most American-born blacks are descendants of west African slaves (e.g. many from what is now Nigeria). Are they just somehow smarter?Not at all. The problem, as most anyone with a brain can see, is partially cultural and partially economic. Wide swaths of black culture are not conducive to achieving success in modern society and the modern economy. You know it and I know it. It is what it is. Additionally, there are a variety of economic and social reasons that blacks as a whole cannot completely assimilate and thrive in American society. They include but are not limited to:1. A pervasive distrust, within some segments of the community, of white people that dates back to colonization and slavery. This holds the community back as a whole because distrusting and blaming white people does nothing to help one's individual situation.2. Lack of resources which was set into motion by the plundering of Africa during colonization. Slaves didn't have resources. When slaves were freed and a burgeoning black middle class began to creep up in the south, Jim Crow laws in the late 1800s/early 1900s made it easy for whites to kick blacks off of their land. The ability for blacks to create wealth were systematically inhibited until the 1960s/1970s. Whites had been accumulating wealth since the 18th century. No comparison. 3. A lack of a concrete cultural identity. Are we Americans or African-Americans? Should we be pissed that we were brought here as slaves and are still discriminated against at every turn, or should we be happy to be here and take advantage of the fact that still your chances of making it here, despite all of the disadvantages, are still better than being successful somewhere like Nigeria?
Excuse mongering for black failure, black pathologies and black underachivement. Doesn't work anymore. Blacks are the bottom rung, and fail and cry racism as an excuse where-ever they are, all over the world, including societies with no legacy of slavery or Jim Crow, where there were no legal restrictions against them. Blacks are viewed as burdens, as violence prone threats, as problematical by every other ethnic group in the world. Culture is produced by the interaction of what is innate in man with his environment, and to say that blacks - uniquely in the world - manage to fail always and everywhere and that it's not their fault, it's always someone else's fault, is not credible. It's not credible here in America, where we have spent about a trillion dollars in the past 50 years trying to lift up blacks and make them equal, discriminating against and disadvantaging whites and burdening white taxpayers while doing so. And yet the cries of racism are still loud. It's still whitey's fault. And blacks still aren't equal.

Above all it's not credible in Africa, full of natural resources, the place where blacks have lived since the beginning, yet a place where blacks were never able to produce anything resembling an indigenous (the societies transplanted by Egyptians & Arabs don't count) civilization with its own writing and number system.

Quote:
4. The wider decline of American society as a whole over the last forty years or so has disproportionately affected blacks to be sure. However, every ethnic group has declined in terms of educational achievement since the 1970s, with the exception of Asians.
As the first post pointed out, racial integration in schools contributed mightily to this "decline in American society." The larger integration of blacks into American society - at the point of a gun, btw - has led to a general lowering of standards and coarsening in all things, just look at the cesspool popular culture is today. Asians are not the only group to not suffer educational decline - Jews continue to perform at the tip top of American society, academically and in other indices of achievement.

Quote:
The idea that whites as a whole are smarter than blacks is laughable. Asians aren't smarter than whites either. Generally speaking, its the culture of a group of people that will determine our success and we blacks have a large segment of our society that subscribes to a culture that will not lead to educational and social success.
Laugh all you want, and ignore the evidence. It won't change the facts.

Quote:
White American culture, however, is not anywhere close to perfect, and is responsible for a lot of the ills which I described above. However, both white and black Americans would do well to follow the example of many Asians and take education seriously.
All true. By pandering to and excusing bad black behavior, whites have contributed to the problem, although the basic problem is still a black responsibility.

Quote:
And one last note. This entire thread is a transparent attempt by the OP to do what many Stormfronters have pledged to do - do everything in their power to inject seeds of doubt into the general population about the future of racial solidarity. In other words, to divide us as Americans. Even if you agree with the OP, let's not lose sight that we ALL had a part in creating this country, as imperfect as it is. Though the OP would likely vigorously argue this point with me, the U.S. wasn't created by white people alone, but by the efforts of large amounts of blacks, Chinese, Mexicans, and other minorities. Don't let the OP achieve his goal of division - it will just make us all weaker in the long run

The appeal to inter-racial solidarity is quaint, but fruitless. Whites are the only people who believe in inter-racial solidarity, and their belief is weakening. Seeds of doubt, as you say, sown by people like me, but mostly by the real world behavior of blacks, as opposed to the imaginary world we are shown by TV, movies, the media and even popular fiction. Your version of history is politically correct, but historically inaccurate. Whites created the USA, whites did all of the intellectual and most of the physical work and blacks, though helpful in the South in stoop labor, also were the cause of the single largest disaster in American history, the Civil War, and (I must repeat) are the country's largest single burden and problem today. Mexicans are more prominent in American history as enemies who had to be (and were) defeated. And the stoop labor the Chinese did on western railroads in the 19th century does not entitle China to flood this country with immigrants in the 21st. (But don't worry, we'll solve that problem too.)

Last edited by dubeaux; 09-22-2011 at 01:17 PM..

Old 09-22-2011, 01:06 PM

181 posts, read 234,212 times
This sounds like the ranting of a politically correct racists. I'm sorry you feel as if your all-white school and neighborhood is now tainted and your future ivy leaguer is now forced to see a part of the real world that was shielded from them. However, I must say that this was well written.

Last edited by Ali1234; 09-22-2011 at 02:24 PM..

Old 09-22-2011, 01:09 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,819,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeaux;20989390

[/QUOTE
Seeds of doubt, as you say, sown by people like me, but mostly by the real world behavior of blacks, as opposed to the imaginary world we are shown by TV, movies, the media and even popular fiction.

Billy Madison - Ultimate Insult (Academic Decathlon) - YouTube

Old 09-22-2011, 01:18 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,514,048 times
I'm glad that OP has dropped all pretense of being a balanced, sane individual and has resorted to just blatantly crazy racism. Makes for a more amusing thread.

Oh, racists.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:34 PM

725 posts, read 1,241,083 times
To the OP,

It's interesting to me that you rely on certain cherry-picked stats but ignore those that do not reach your point, such as talking about what Nigerians are "known" for (criminal behavior) rather than accepting the FACT that they are the highest acheivers and among the highest earners in this country. Or by blaming whites "excusing of bad black behavior" for the decline in American culture. Have you ever heard of the prison-industrial complex? All of this, but completely ignoring the history-shifting legacy of colonization and the fact that it destroyed thousands of prosperous black societies across Africa. But hey it doesn't reach your point so it didn't happen right?

Your premises are laughable, your statistics faulty, your basic understanding of the problem severely lacking, and your solutions reek of fascism. By your response it has become clear that you don't understand the first thing about problems in the black community or American problems as a whole, but are content to simply sit back, play armchair QB, and scapegoat minorities for the problems of the United States. You should blame yourself and people like you. People like you are what led to the Civil War, the Civil Rights movement and the push for equality as it is today. If it weren't for people of your ilk in the first place, the United States would also be a much better place today, especially in the field of race relations (a FACT that of course you would never admit to).

I find it all quite sad. Most of us have moved on from the fights that were already won in the 60s. Contrary to what you believe most blacks and Hispanics don't sit around all day and blame whitey for problems. Most of us try to do the same thing as everyone else - find a place in this country and be successful. People like you want to go back to a time that will never ever return. So I'll pray for you because I find it sad that someone with obviously so much intelligence is so fixated on attempting to bring down people simply because they look different from you or you find them inferior. Your way of thinking is inferior. We are ALL responsible for the shape that U.S. society is in right now. All of us. Including you. I won't call you a racist because it really doesn't matter whether you are or not. The United States as you would like to see it will never happen so you can spend energy on fighting this crusade if you wish, but it will ultimately be fruitless. Perhaps one day you will see the error of your ways. And I'm confident that city-data has a set of users that are not sheep and understand nuance and deep thought rather than isolated cherry-picking and scapegoating.

Have a nice day and be blessed.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:55 PM

373 posts, read 635,467 times
Exclamation Jobs, deficits and declining resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I agree. We're all being screwed, we're all over the same barrel, and we're all Americans. It's time to stop the petty squabbling and get together to solve this country's problems...starting with throwing out Congress.
There are serious cultural problems in the USA. We did have overall a not so bad society prior to the 1960's.

There are things to learn from other countries such as not stealing and looting during disasters like in Japan.

Refighting some of the ethnic conflicts of the 50's and 60's may not be the largest issue to deal with.

Before the civil war most of the whites tended to hate the slave owners including in the Southland, with the Slave Owners detesting the free whites. The plantrocracy had almost complete control of the society.The North had to invade to bring them together.

I sometimes wonder if the agenda of the 1960's was really to break open and loot America more then anything else with some short term gains for some people who did not get an even break in the past, but likely were better off then many whose families never came here.

There were self help books for slave owners suggesting diversity among slave holdings so they are less likely to combine and revolt. Slavery was also a womb to the tomb social welfare project. Food, shelter, medical care, full employment, and a retirement plan. There was even a promotional ladder, as well as the chance to goof off from time to time.
They right to form families was also made far more difficult for many as well.

Many people of all races have been asking for this increasingly from the 30's with FDR and 60's with LBJ.

We have overclass who claims to be liberal but clearly enjoys instigating strife.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:58 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1957TabbyCat View Post
Refighting some of the ethnic conflicts of the 50's and 60's may not be the largest issue to deal with.

We have overclass who claims to be liberal but clearly enjoys instigating strife.
Huh? Where is THIS coming from? What did I say that provoked this?

Old 09-22-2011, 02:24 PM

79 posts, read 199,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majicdonjuan View Post
It's interesting to me that you rely on certain cherry-picked stats but ignore those that do not reach your point, such as talking about what Nigerians are "known" for (criminal behavior) rather than accepting the FACT that they are the highest acheivers and among the highest earners in this country.
You don't seem to be aware that you are cherry-picking your stats about Nigerians. (Curious how some blacks cling to Nigerians as a presumed exception to black failure that cancels out everything else. If only it could.) Come back when a Nigerian (or any black) wins a Nobel prize in the hard sciences.

Quote:
Or by blaming whites "excusing of bad black behavior" for the decline in American culture.
Well...that's what happened. Although it's really even worse than I said. Whites emulate blacks now - especially young people - in dress, speech, and even behavior. That is, the aspects of black culture (except for the gunfire, extreme promiscuity, & misogyny) which blacks themselves refer to as "ghetto" and which embarass at least some members of the black middle class.

Of course, age and maturity will (I hope) cause young whites to come to their senses.

Quote:
Have you ever heard of the prison-industrial complex? All of this, but completely ignoring the history-shifting legacy of colonization and the fact that it destroyed thousands of prosperous black societies across Africa. But hey it doesn't reach your point so it didn't happen right?
Scatter shooting a bit, are we? Anyway, the prison-industrial complex might not be good for the black criminal class, but it has (by a massive increase in incarceration rates since the 60s) kept so many criminals (especially blacks) off the streets that crime rates have declined in recent years. So in terms of helping the nation as a whole rather than just blacks, it has been successful.

European "colonization destroyed thousands of prosperous black societies across Africa?" Which ones? The Kingdom of Dahomey, which was based on gargantuan amounts of cannibalism? How about the Ubangi people of the Congo, whose diet was composed mainly of their captives? Or perhaps you mean Shaka Zulu (one of my favorites), one of the most blood-thirsty tyrants in African history, who exterminated several hundred thousands of fellow blacks he didn't like. (He was more advanced than many other African rulers - he wasn't a cannibal.)

Actually, the best Africa ever did was under European rule. Europeans brought medicine, hygiene, and civilization to areas previously characterized by the most grotesque forms of superstition and savagery.

Unfortunately it didn't take, and we've watched Africa revert to its previous state after the white Europeans left.

Quote:
Your premises are laughable, your statistics faulty, your basic understanding of the problem severely lacking, and your solutions reek of fascism.
How so?

Quote:
By your response it has become clear that you don't understand the first thing about problems in the black community or American problems as a whole, but are content to simply sit back, play armchair QB, and scapegoat minorities for the problems of the United States.
Not at all. In fact, I believe that whites are the source of most of the problems we have today. The majority of whites still believe in racial equality, that blacks are the same as whites, and all the other lies of the Civil Rights movement.

However, this is changing. Whites are waking up.

Quote:
...I won't call you a racist....
Thanks, but I don't really care.

Quote:
...And I'm confident that city-data has a set of users that are not sheep and understand nuance and deep thought rather than isolated cherry-picking and scapegoating.
Hmmmmm....based on the majority of replies to my posts, I suspect most of the users at city-data are sheep and wouldn't understand nuance if you hit 'em over the head with it.

But I'm sure my message is getting through to the more independent and intelligent ones.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:36 PM

373 posts, read 635,467 times
Lightbulb Simply Put

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Huh? Where is THIS coming from? What did I say that provoked this?
Simply put, there alot of good people of different demographic characteristics. I hope you did not take that point in a negative manner.

We likely can't vote ourselves out of this predicament. They two parties are more just two sides of the same coin.

Read the post again. If you peal the layors off the onion, you will find economics and a money trail. The people who have been the foot soldiers may have been fighting over something else,both currently and on the board.

It is not a Pollyanna of Voltaire's view of history, but ,many people do lead fullfulling and enjoyable lives.

I simply agreed that we as a society have other issues to deal with. One of the things anyone can do is just be decent to others whose path they cross.

One of the reaons the DISD has fewer whites is there are few whites.
Try reviewing the ecomomic results of Betty Freidan's views. The changes in society had a very positive short term effect on the GNP.

Economics is never the whole issue. But is often a missing piece.

Our two party system is in many ways like professional wrestling. Rarely is much of it real. When voting generates the "wrong" result, the courts will strike it down.

I am a rather conservative white guy, but read the last part of the biography of Malcom X, when he concludes that good and well meaning people come in all kinds. That guys was real and not manufactured by the system.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:27 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1957TabbyCat View Post
Simply put, there alot of good people of different demographic characteristics. I hope you did not take that point in a negative manner.

We likely can't vote ourselves out of this predicament. They two parties are more just two sides of the same coin.

Read the post again. If you peal the layors off the onion, you will find economics and a money trail. The people who have been the foot soldiers may have been fighting over something else,both currently and on the board.

It is not a Pollyanna of Voltaire's view of history, but ,many people do lead fullfulling and enjoyable lives.

I simply agreed that we as a society have other issues to deal with. One of the things anyone can do is just be decent to others whose path they cross.

One of the reaons the DISD has fewer whites is there are few whites.
Try reviewing the ecomomic results of Betty Freidan's views. The changes in society had a very positive short term effect on the GNP.

Economics is never the whole issue. But is often a missing piece.

Our two party system is in many ways like professional wrestling. Rarely is much of it real. When voting generates the "wrong" result, the courts will strike it down.

I am a rather conservative white guy, but read the last part of the biography of Malcom X, when he concludes that good and well meaning people come in all kinds. That guys was real and not manufactured by the system.
I think we probably agree more than we disagree; and I realize it's not as simple as kicking out all of the incumbents. The rot goes muuuuuuuch deeper than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas