Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:53 PM

307 posts, read 531,858 times

Advertisements

As a indie filmmaker I can't tell you how wonderful it is when my livingroom is filled with people of all cultures as we prepare for a project. There have been times when you could tell someone was out of there comfort zone, but I think they would tell you their life had been enriched by their new experiences.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:01 PM

134 posts, read 548,462 times
Greyday as adults you are correct. We learn to deal with everyone. But we typically tend to not go into bars where we are the only straight man, or white man, or whatever.

It's quite amusing everyone bashing me but I doubt very many white males feel comfortable in a gay bar, or a bar catering to black males in oak cliff. I imagine a woman feels uneasy or at least some do around a bunch of drunk males as the only female. Some of us like to be around what we are familiar with. I have no problem with atheists or black males or gays or handicapped people or whatever but yes if I'm the only person that is completely different in a situation it does tend to make me feel out of place and it does most blacks, gays, etc. How do I know? Because I have gay friends. I have black friends. And they have told me many times they feel awkward the same as me. I drug one of my black buddies to a country bar. He felt so out of place. We had a good time but if I wasn't there, there is no way he would have been.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:05 PM

19,783 posts, read 18,073,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unteagle View Post
Greyday as adults you are correct. We learn to deal with everyone. But we typically tend to not go into bars where we are the only straight man, or white man, or whatever.

It's quite amusing everyone bashing me but I doubt very many white males feel comfortable in a gay bar, or a bar catering to black males in oak cliff. I imagine a woman feels uneasy or at least some do around a bunch of drunk males as the only female. Some of us like to be around what we are familiar with. I have no problem with atheists or black males or gays or handicapped people or whatever but yes if I'm the only person that is completely different in a situation it does tend to make me feel out of place and it does most blacks, gays, etc. How do I know? Because I have gay friends. I have black friends. And they have told me many times they feel awkward the same as me. I drug one of my black buddies to a country bar. He felt so out of place. We had a good time but if I wasn't there, there is no way he would have been.
Now you are changing your story and rationalizing.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:07 PM

Look I'm not asking for all white schools with separate water fountains so quit trying to make it into that. I just want my kids to have kids of similar backgrounds. Yes being around other races diversifies. I never said it doesn't. I'm not quite sure why my post comes off as so racist but I hardly think its racist.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:08 PM

How am I changing my story? Oh no I'm rationalizing. Is that a crime too?

Old 01-31-2012, 09:09 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,437,430 times
If you were any other race, there would be help for you here.....such is life.

I don't think you're any more or less racist than any other thread about race on this forum.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:09 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,745,552 times
Quote:
You sir are a strong black man because I can tell u many many black men that grow up as the strong minority don't fare as well and don't fit in and resort to being an outsider and often misbehaving.
Holy cow.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:12 PM

256 posts, read 448,307 times
Quote:
Look I'm not asking for all white schools with separate water fountains so quit trying to make it into that. I just want my kids to have kids of similar backgrounds. Yes being around other races diversifies. I never said it doesn't. I'm not quite sure why my post comes off as so racist but I hardly think its racist.
What exactly is your background? You sound like a blue-collar white guy. So, you want a blue-collar white suburb? You'll have to look in the far-flung areas. You can't afford the white districts (HP, Southlake) and the blue-collar suburbs are of decidedly mixed ethnicity.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:14 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,680,128 times
Your price range will greatly dictate where you can purchase. Are you looking to purchase or rent?

Old 01-31-2012, 09:19 PM

19,783 posts, read 18,073,660 times
Quote:
How am I changing my story? Oh no I'm rationalizing. Is that a crime too?
1. Earlier your point was about being in a strong majority.

2. Later you proposed a false analogy describing how people never like being the lone X. (X=whatever color, gay, straight etc.).

3. Rationalizing isn't a crime. It's a sure fire indicator of terrible logic - fittingly it's often associated with scapegoating and bigotry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: