Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2015, 02:27 PM
McJ McJ started this thread

169 posts, read 480,133 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have been researching agrihoods and I really like the concept of having a community farm as an amenity to where I am living. Is anyone familiar with Harvest in Argyle Texas? I'm curious to know about the traffic around there, if you can hear the freeway and in general what it is like living there.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 06:13 PM

241 posts, read 381,774 times
I can't help you, but I think I'll be out that way looking at some other neighborhoods this weekend and may check this place out. To be honest, it may be too far out for me, but I like the concept. Although I always thought the storms and winds out that way would probably annihilate anything being grown there. lol. And this may be the first I've heard of a cemetery in a subdivision. I like the concept, most of the builders, and the pricing, though.

Old 09-10-2015, 06:58 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,556,577 times
I haven't seen it but I am somewhat familiar with the area. Where are you commuting to?

Do keep in mind that the subdivision is split between Northwest ISD and Argyle ISD. I don't know much about NW, but believe Argyle would be the preferred ISD.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telegan View Post
I can't help you, but I think I'll be out that way looking at some other neighborhoods this weekend and may check this place out. To be honest, it may be too far out for me, but I like the concept. Although I always thought the storms and winds out that way would probably annihilate anything being grown there. lol. And this may be the first I've heard of a cemetery in a subdivision. I like the concept, most of the builders, and the pricing, though.
Let me know if you do. If it isn't raining this weekend I'm going to try to make it out there as well (I'm in Austin). I'm curious to know if because it is sort out there if the grocery stores and other resources are a quick ten minutes away or if once you get on the road it is a congested ten minutes + more.

Are the storms really that bad?

Old 09-11-2015, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mSooner View Post
I haven't seen it but I am somewhat familiar with the area. Where are you commuting to?

Do keep in mind that the subdivision is split between Northwest ISD and Argyle ISD. I don't know much about NW, but believe Argyle would be the preferred ISD.
I don't have kids so schools are not a huge factor for me. I don't know what my commute will be. I haven't applied for jobs yet. I'm assuming it will probably be somewhere in the Denton area. I have seen some listings on LinkedIn. Do you know how the job market is -Is it tough/competitive for marketing positions? I'm just really interested in the idea of the farm community that I want to see if it would be worth making the change and the move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas