Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2018, 04:05 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,170,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Side note Nashville picked up 5000 jobs from Amazon just announced so they appear the third place winner over Dallas it seems.
This kind of surprised me. I never really thought Amazon would put HQ2 in Texas but I thought Dallas stood a good chance of landing some ancillary spinoff like what's going to be built in Nashville. If only for being a major airport hub, I would have thought DFW would get the nod over Nashville. And perhaps there will still be some other Amazon projects down the line that will come to DFW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 04:39 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,647,822 times
The entire housing cost, transit, and tech thing were never really what Amazon wanted. Their list was never realistic. They wanted to be on the east coast, but wanted States and cities to compete for the most incentives. Bezos has a place in NYC and Washington DC and sure he could buy a place anywhere, but that is where he spends his time and likes to be. The entire Amazon HQ2 was nothing more than a bidding process to make cities compete, but Amazon knew about 90% where they wanted to be.

NYC and Virginia overpaid for it. Any city could spend 1/2 or even more than what they lured Amazon for and get multiple companies and be diversified. Why be a slave to Amazon. I honestly thing anyone who lost this is a bonus.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:16 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,403,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDat View Post
This kind of surprised me. I never really thought Amazon would put HQ2 in Texas but I thought Dallas stood a good chance of landing some ancillary spinoff like what's going to be built in Nashville. If only for being a major airport hub, I would have thought DFW would get the nod over Nashville. And perhaps there will still be some other Amazon projects down the line that will come to DFW.

Nashville got the jobs for a new hospital and medical related business concept Amazon wants to pursue. Navhille is home to HCA and other large hospital conglomerates. Its a niche they excel in and the avg salary of the jobs expected to bring to Nashville is $150k.In this lower cost city they will find a very attractive life style.

So I doubt we would compete for this new Amazon niche against the likes ot Nashville with its bevy of related companies and experience in solving the medical challenges we face.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:00 AM

631 posts, read 884,286 times
Amazon now reconsidering NY because of local opposition there.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/am...02-08?mod=bnbh

Old 02-08-2019, 11:07 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,553,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie972 View Post
Amazon now reconsidering NY because of local opposition there.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/am...02-08?mod=bnbh
I’m not sure that I’d want Amazon either.

Amazon wanted a unicorn. They wanted all of the glitz and glamour of coast city but none of problems or costs associated with them. I thought that Chicago was probably the best compromise, but Bezos wanted NYC and DC.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:52 AM

578 posts, read 478,575 times
NYC and DC is meaningless now that Bezos' political dream is destroyed by his nude photos.

Old 02-08-2019, 12:19 PM

6,290 posts, read 7,494,183 times
Who says they will go to another city if they do nix the Long Island City location. Maybe they will just stay with D.C. …..Don't get your hopes up people....

Old 02-08-2019, 07:55 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,410,385 times
Amazon will move where most big companies are wanting to relocate. It will be north of 380 where they have enough land to build a hq that size while that whole area is being prepped up to be the northern corridor of Dallas.

Old 02-08-2019, 08:57 PM

1,429 posts, read 1,776,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
Amazon will move where most big companies are wanting to relocate. It will be north of 380 where they have enough land to build a hq that size while that whole area is being prepped up to be the northern corridor of Dallas.
No, just no.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:21 PM

1,079 posts, read 1,110,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
Well, I suppose Washington, D.C. is north of 380.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas