Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 08:55 AM

406 posts, read 340,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio July View Post
Exactly. I tell people all that the time that black people and white people in the South are USED to living together in close proximity, so the worst racism is actually in places up North and out West that may be more diverse but also still manage to be much more segregated.

DFW has definitely gotten like that, with all the transplants flooding in from Northern states and both coasts, as well as India/South Asia and other foreign countries

That's why I always caution people not to jump to the conclusion that DFW is magically becoming more socially liberal due to the huge influx of Californians and people from other places outside of Texas and the South. It's actually quite the opposite.

The influx of Indians/South Asians has made the DFW area more segregated. I recently worked at a large upscale department store in Frisco, TX and a female coworker told me that all the White people are moving out of her neighborhood due to a large number of Indians moving in. Indians are racist toward other minorities and toward their own people.

Old 11-20-2019, 11:02 AM

2,995 posts, read 3,099,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysan89 View Post
The influx of Indians/South Asians has made the DFW area more segregated. I recently worked at a large upscale department store in Frisco, TX and a female coworker told me that all the White people are moving out of her neighborhood due to a large number of Indians moving in. Indians are racist toward other minorities and toward their own people.
I didn't mean to make the subject veer off into what you are pointing out. But having first hand experience living in Frisco, sadly, I can't say that you are wrong.

We recently moved out of Frisco and it has gotten to the point where one block over from our street, all the families who lived in the houses for the next two or three blocks were Indian/South Asian. There was literally not one family who wasn't. We would even go out many times in Frisco and feel like the only non-Indians/South Asians in the room.

We are an African American family who had our preschool daughter in a school that was predominately Indian/South Asian. At first it was fine, because they had American teachers in her classroom and she loved school and loved her teachers. Her teachers were very personable and made learning fun. But then all the American teachers started quitting as the Indian enrollment at the school grew bigger and an Indian teacher took over. Things QUICKLY went downhill from there.

All of a sudden, we noticed that she didn't like school anymore and would fight us some mornings to try not to go. It was a COMPLETE 180. Her new Indian teacher would flat out neglect her in comparison to the Indian kids, or single her out and discipline her for things that she wasn't getting on the Indian kids for doing (this Indian teacher also didn't take into account that her Indian accent was so thick and her English was so unintelligible to American ears---and ESPECIALLY to a 3 year old's ears---that there was basically a language barrier between her and our daughter).

She also brought her Indian style and philosophy of teaching and education to my daughter's classroom; unlike her previous American teachers, this new Indian teacher treated my child like a number instead of as an individual, and she made a class for a room full of a 3 YEAR OLDS a competitive sport instead of making learning fun and engaging. Basically, she started catering to all the Indian kids and parents and how THEY expected education to go in their culture. Because of this, our little black American daughter who used to LOVE going to school and coming home and telling us what she learned from her teachers was coming home sad from being picked on by an overcrowded class full of Indian kids and by a RACIST Indian teacher who resented her for wanting to be treated like a unique individual and for wanting to have fun and be engaged while learning. Even though the school's curriculum was awesome and it was still a great school ON PAPER, we had enough and pulled her out.

As soon she went to a new school that wasn't overcrowded with Indian/South Asian kids and wasn't lead by a biased, RACIST Indian teacher who tried to structure her classroom and her teaching the way Education is modeled in India, our daughter started loving school again and learning new things that she found fun and exciting and couldn't WAIT to share with us as soon as we picked her up from school.

I wouldn't move my family back to Frisco, Texas if you GAVE me a house there.

Old 11-20-2019, 11:56 AM

1,375 posts, read 1,049,631 times
Its been known for many years Frisco = India.

Old 11-20-2019, 07:52 PM

406 posts, read 340,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio July View Post
I didn't mean to make the subject veer off into what you are pointing out. But having first hand experience living in Frisco, sadly, I can't say that you are wrong.

We recently moved out of Frisco and it has gotten to the point where one block over from our street, all the families who lived in the houses for the next two or three blocks were Indian/South Asian. There was literally not one family who wasn't. We would even go out many times in Frisco and feel like the only non-Indians/South Asians in the room.

We are an African American family who had our preschool daughter in a school that was predominately Indian/South Asian. At first it was fine, because they had American teachers in her classroom and she loved school and loved her teachers. Her teachers were very personable and made learning fun. But then all the American teachers started quitting as the Indian enrollment at the school grew bigger and an Indian teacher took over. Things QUICKLY went downhill from there.

All of a sudden, we noticed that she didn't like school anymore and would fight us some mornings to try not to go. It was a COMPLETE 180. Her new Indian teacher would flat out neglect her in comparison to the Indian kids, or single her out and discipline her for things that she wasn't getting on the Indian kids for doing (this Indian teacher also didn't take into account that her Indian accent was so thick and her English was so unintelligible to American ears---and ESPECIALLY to a 3 year old's ears---that there was basically a language barrier between her and our daughter).

She also brought her Indian style and philosophy of teaching and education to my daughter's classroom; unlike her previous American teachers, this new Indian teacher treated my child like a number instead of as an individual, and she made a class for a room full of a 3 YEAR OLDS a competitive sport instead of making learning fun and engaging. Basically, she started catering to all the Indian kids and parents and how THEY expected education to go in their culture. Because of this, our little black American daughter who used to LOVE going to school and coming home and telling us what she learned from her teachers was coming home sad from being picked on by an overcrowded class full of Indian kids and by a RACIST Indian teacher who resented her for wanting to be treated like a unique individual and for wanting to have fun and be engaged while learning. Even though the school's curriculum was awesome and it was still a great school ON PAPER, we had enough and pulled her out.

As soon she went to a new school that wasn't overcrowded with Indian/South Asian kids and wasn't lead by a biased, RACIST Indian teacher who tried to structure her classroom and her teaching the way Education is modeled in India, our daughter started loving school again and learning new things that she found fun and exciting and couldn't WAIT to share with us as soon as we picked her up from school.

I wouldn't move my family back to Frisco, Texas if you GAVE me a house there.
I am sorry to hear that. That's good you pulled your daughter out of that school. Those Indians bring their racist caste system into the US.

Old 11-20-2019, 08:38 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,171,571 times
You can’t be racists WHILE complaining about someone else’s racism. It’s not fair criticism but merely wretched hypocrisy.

Old 11-20-2019, 08:50 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,171,571 times
This is why racial and financial diversity in schools and neighborhoods is important for any society’s progress.

https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburne...hers-in-texas/

Old 11-20-2019, 09:17 PM

1,185 posts, read 749,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
This is why racial and financial diversity in schools and neighborhoods is important for any society’s progress.

https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburne...hers-in-texas/
See that word diversity in your post? They don’t believe in diversity.

Old 11-21-2019, 03:39 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysan89 View Post
This is the biggest problem I see. Barbara Bush MS in Valley Ranch has become heavily Minority after Katrina families moved into the area. No way will the Indian community send their kids there if they can avoid it.

I'm going to stick up for Realtors. We really do try very hard to stay neutral when it comes to race and it's not that hard to do. We do get on occasion of CLIENT BUYERS who say things that would be illegal for us to do. We try to work around those comments.

Most native Texans are not Racist. We've all been living here together for years with respect.

I see mostly the problem is transplants from the Northeast and from the SE Asian Communities.

Old 11-21-2019, 05:28 AM

2,282 posts, read 4,057,631 times
In addition to the blatant racism there are sometimes subtle cultural issues at play.

I honestly did not see this much, if at all, during all my years in Texas...but here in SW Virginia I know there have been examples of real estate folks steering people away from one predominantly white neighborhood toward another predominantly white neighborhood. Some of these "white hoods" have quite a sketchy reputation. This person I am familiar with had to make a housing decision within a pretty short period of time, and later they resented the fact that they were not at least made aware of more affordable properties available in the less popular area.

Old 11-21-2019, 06:46 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,235,035 times
I've known a few realtors that steer people away from certain neighborhoods based on race, mainly having to do with high concentrations of Indians. My parents found a home in Deerfield North several years ago that they liked, but their realtor steered them away from it after mentioning what the ethnic breakdown of the neighborhood was.

While it was not the right thing to do, she was right in assuming that my parents wouldn't want to live there in a neighborhood where it would be unlikely for them to form any friendships with their neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas