Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2020, 12:08 PM

451 posts, read 320,216 times

Advertisements

The top Swedish epidemiologist mentioned that comparing Sweden to Finland, Norway and Denmark is not fair. Given the amount immigration in Sweden especially Stockholm, his argument is that Sweden should be compared to UK, Belgium, Netherlands. To prove that point further, he said that if you compare the virus spread in the South of Sweden and Copenhagen in Denmark, which is closer in proximity to each other, the numbers are similar. The narrative in the mainstream media has been that Swedish response is a failure. However, he is claiming it to be a success and advising the media to judge him and the response in a year's time after we go through the winter season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
1. There was no such thing. See my previous post.

2. Sweden should be compared to its peers (Finland, Norway, Denmark), all did much better.

Old 07-26-2020, 12:16 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,117,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDContribuitor View Post
The top Swedish epidemiologist mentioned that comparing Sweden to Finland, Norway and Denmark is not fair. Given the amount immigration in Sweden especially Stockholm, his argument is that Sweden should be compared to UK, Belgium, Netherlands. To prove that point further, he said that if you compare the virus spread in the South of Sweden and Copenhagen in Denmark, which is closer in proximity to each other, the numbers are similar. The narrative in the mainstream media has been that Swedish response is a failure. However, he is claiming it to be a success and advising the media to judge him and the response in a year's time after we go through the winter season.
Comparing Sweden to Denmark, they have a 400% higher per capita death rate. We know Italy’s lockdown wasn’t much in the beginning. People were still going on with their lives. A Chinese consultant said it was not enough.

Old 07-26-2020, 12:25 PM

Katana - You were one of the first to post about this virus on the thread "Coronavirus - how scared are you", as early as in January. With all the precautions you have been taking and based on your posts, i would have thought that you would be the last one to get the virus. If i understand, you got the virus in March timeframe? Would you be able to share the circumstances by which you contracted it? Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
You're being ignorant of what is going on. I had it. My boss had it. Several coworkers have had it.

Old 07-26-2020, 12:29 PM

Will not trust Chinese govt backed research or consultants.

I posted a video on an interveiw with the Swedish epidemeologist a few pages ago. He was quite convincing in the way he described why Sweden cannot be compared to Denmark, Norway or Iceland. Please watch it and make your own conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
Comparing Sweden to Denmark, they have a 400% higher per capita death rate. We know Italy’s lockdown wasn’t much in the beginning. People were still going on with their lives. A Chinese consultant said it was not enough.

Old 07-26-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
They were injecting patients with Morphine and Midazolam. Midazolam is used for lethal injections for convicts sentenced to death. Killing patients is a way to get rid of an infection. Other countries opted not to do it.

State by State Lethal Injection Protocols.
https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/executi...tion-protocols

Sweden's use of lethal injections for Coronavirus infected patients.
https://www.svd.se/professorn-i-agen...palliativ-vard
https://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/co...n-satte-stopp/

Old 07-26-2020, 12:59 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,238,095 times
Quote:
Katana - You were one of the first to post about this virus on the thread "Coronavirus - how scared are you", as early as in January. With all the precautions you have been taking and based on your posts, i would have thought that you would be the last one to get the virus. If i understand, you got the virus in March timeframe? Would you be able to share the circumstances by which you contracted it? Just curious.

We locked down early, that is true. There are two ways I could have gotten it, one more likely than the other.

My child became sick 2 days before I did. I work from home and had not been out much at all the previous week or two. We're not sure where she might have gotten it, if she even had it. Her symptoms resolved in two days. She had a fever and a lack of energy for a day or so, and she's been fine ever since. My fever came on about 4-5 days after hers, mine started with flu like symptoms and being congested. My daughter has not been tested.

Most likely, I got it from the last massage I went to get before going into lockdown. I was in a small room for nearly two hours breathing the same air as my masseuse, and of course, any previous clients who had been in that room that day. Putting my head in the face cutout on the massage table, while they do change the cloths between customers, they weren't cleaning the table itself or wiping it down between uses, they just changed the sheets and cloth face covering. My masseuse had just traveled back from CA where she was visiting family. She's also Chinese, and may have had contact with other Asians who had recently been overseas/traveling, or simply another traveler on the plane. That seems to be the more likely explanation, but I do not know if she tested positive for it (I have not been back) or if another customer had it, and if so there would be no way for me to know.

Old 07-26-2020, 01:42 PM

So you believe that Sweden intentionally killed its citizens to not deal with their hospitalizations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
They were injecting patients with Morphine and Midazolam. Midazolam is used for lethal injections for convicts sentenced to death. Killing patients is a way to get rid of an infection. Other countries opted not to do it.

State by State Lethal Injection Protocols.
https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/executi...tion-protocols

Sweden's use of lethal injections for Coronavirus infected patients.
https://www.svd.se/professorn-i-agen...palliativ-vard
https://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/co...n-satte-stopp/

Old 07-26-2020, 01:46 PM

Thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
We locked down early, that is true. There are two ways I could have gotten it, one more likely than the other.

My child became sick 2 days before I did. I work from home and had not been out much at all the previous week or two. We're not sure where she might have gotten it, if she even had it. Her symptoms resolved in two days. She had a fever and a lack of energy for a day or so, and she's been fine ever since. My fever came on about 4-5 days after hers, mine started with flu like symptoms and being congested. My daughter has not been tested.

Most likely, I got it from the last massage I went to get before going into lockdown. I was in a small room for nearly two hours breathing the same air as my masseuse, and of course, any previous clients who had been in that room that day. Putting my head in the face cutout on the massage table, while they do change the cloths between customers, they weren't cleaning the table itself or wiping it down between uses, they just changed the sheets and cloth face covering. My masseuse had just traveled back from CA where she was visiting family. She's also Chinese, and may have had contact with other Asians who had recently been overseas/traveling, or simply another traveler on the plane. That seems to be the more likely explanation, but I do not know if she tested positive for it (I have not been back) or if another customer had it, and if so there would be no way for me to know.

Old 07-26-2020, 01:50 PM

8,134 posts, read 3,671,773 times
Quote:
Denmark's death rate is 5 times lower.

Comparisons with UK, Netherlands or Belgium are much less appropriate, imo.
But still, Netherlands also has quite lower death rate. UK messed up badly, they were also going for "herd immunity" initially, so that's not a surprise.
Belgium, I don't know, they have adopted a very very different counting method compared to anybody else.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9494186.html

Old 07-26-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
So you believe that Sweden intentionally killed its citizens to not deal with their hospitalizations?
The Wall Street Journal isn't some Plandemic Facebook post.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronav...nt-11592479430
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas