Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 05:59 PM

4 posts, read 4,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWMike View Post
Well, just to be fair, and I have issues since I did bless the Murphy police dept. with some revenue when I lived in Wylie. But the speeds on Renner road approach 60 miles an hour(40mph speed limite) in the stream of traffic in the morning on the Richardson portion of the road, which I partook in as I needed to get out of Wylie in some reasonable period of time.

However, in addition to revenue, I think thats why they stalk those roads so much. Speed on all approaches to Wylie can get to be well over the speed limit, it's just too darn far out there with no controlled access freeway it's a pretty big beating. So while I empathize with the concerns, I can definately see why they're sitting out there stalking people, there are plenty of speeders to choose from.

I have one red light now before I get to 121 here in Frisco, my commute stress is a hell of alot better, no longer need to speed to get to work in a reasonable time. I grew to hate commuting through Murphy, particularly after the target was built in Wylie and 4 more red lights were installed on 544. As much as I hate the tolls on 121, it is better than having to sit through a bunch of red lights.
Speed limit through Murphy on 544 is 40MPH. It's 45 in Wylie, then drops to 40 in Murphy, then goes back up to 45, and you better slow down because they nearly always have their glorified metermaids in blue out there.

It has nothing to do with public safety or crime beause where they set up is where they can generate maximum revenue. Go to some places in Murphy or Wylie and you'll never see a cop, hell they stole a 3.5 ton AC from the side of my house in brod daylight and they never did much nor caught anyone...... but you better believe they'll get you if you speed on 544. To me, the Murphy police is just a bunch of overzelous money makers for the city, a small town police department that is very eager and screwed the pooch with their "To catch a predator" where they wanted to become famous and ended up getting someone killed and 24 of the 25 caught walked off free because of poor police work.......... Think about it, what real crime do they have to fight in a predominetly residential area where the "mean" family income is $114,000 a year! A place full of IT people that work in Plano and elsewhere........ What Murphy cops are good for is looking good, sitting in a huge Tahoe with A/C on the road side and giving out tickets for a $150 a pop.

Watching the Murphy police in action is like watching an episode of "The Simpsons."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
Those lights were put in by TxDOT not by the city.

And Noman, you might want to get the details right before you rant. Blue uniforms? I don't even know of a cop around who wears a blue uniform. They did not set the speed limit for 544. TxDOT did. And the City Council did fight TxDOT trying to keep it lower. Because of the accidents at the corner of 544 and Murphy Rd. That is a safety issue, not a revenue issue. So the speed limit is now 5 mph less than it is as you enter the city from east to west as the Council did successfully fight TxDOT.
BS.

The Murphy cops wear a dark blue nearly BDU style uniform. If you so want, I'll take a picture of one for you. The city has an inpact on the speed limit and they SURE AS HELL can control it's enforcement.

A picture for you: 'To Catch a Predator' Police Chief Fired - ABC News (He resigned because of the To Catch A Predator debacle.)

It's a small department of 16 or so cops with LADAR, mast mounts, thermals......... These guys are dangerous! In all their "proactive and forward leaning" efforts they will once again manage to get someone hurt eventually, it's only a matter of time. Law Enforcment isn't about being military like, mindless enforcement of laws to the maximum, chasing 15 minutes of fame on TV, posturing............. Give it some time, I assure you, these clowns will make the news again! But they won't get the guy that stole my AC! That's beyond their policing and investigative prowess. Can't make a lot off that, can they?

Old 03-02-2011, 08:18 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,550,601 times
Love it. Absolutely LOVE it.

After coming out of the trash that is Dallas' total lack of law enforcement -- seeing cops doing their job is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

A Murphy cop had me pulled over the first week we got here for a headlight out on my 15 year old pick-up truck (smacked it and it came back on ). I thanked the cop for doing his job, and drove away smiling.

A beautiful, beautiful thing.

Love It!

Old 03-18-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Love it. Absolutely LOVE it.

After coming out of the trash that is Dallas' total lack of law enforcement -- seeing cops doing their job is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

A Murphy cop had me pulled over the first week we got here for a headlight out on my 15 year old pick-up truck (smacked it and it came back on ). I thanked the cop for doing his job, and drove away smiling.

A beautiful, beautiful thing.

Love It!

You know, I live in that area, and if those cops ever found the guy that walked off with my 3.5 ton Lennox A/C unit last summer I'd agree. But unfortunately they didn't find him nor try very hard, but they do stand like meter-maids on the high speed roads collecting what amounts to a “road toll.” They're WORTHLESS-

Cops enforcing the law and you support our fine professionals in blue! lol Ever see the demographics of Murphy and Wylie? Average $100,000 a year + household incomes, IT yuppies that work in Dallas, Plano etc...... 2.9% unemployed, take a look at the education level etc........ more homogeneous population that is also more religious etc..... not the sort of place that is stricken by “high crime.” If the Murphy cops went away all together (all 12 or 14 of them) you wouldn't see much change because this isn't Wilmer or Hutchins where if you don't have a cop on every street corner the zombies come out and begin to dismantle the town.

DPD which you mention has to deal with real bad guys. They deal with fugitives, bank robbers, murderers, special events, high value targets/VIPs, gang banger drug dealer types, they are a thoroughfare for drug trafficking, have human trafficking, airports, rail-heads, more complex crime that is white collar (bank or mortgage fraud etc)............ Dallas isn't a $hithole because of the cops, but because many of the people that live there are $hitheads. Your perspective is sort of funny, but I guess if you define getting pulled over for a busted head light good police/investigative work (the sort of stuff inspector Clouseau would figure out), you're obviously in good hands. To bad they can't even get their high speed "To catch a predator sting" wired tight and all the bad guys walked, but at least it got Murphy Texas and their police department on the map.

Glad you like paying for these Murphy clowns in Tahoes. Stumble bums in blue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas