Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 07:43 AM

1,328 posts, read 1,435,002 times

Advertisements

More good news for the University of Dayton area.

Emerson to build $20M tech center in Dayton | www.mydaytondailynews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 08:24 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,125,612 times
^That's a huge win! I see what UD is going for there - having a number of R&D operations at the site. I wasn't sure before, but this solidifies it. Great news for UD and the region!

Also re: Tom and Chee - Glad to hear their plans to come to Dayton! Slightly overdue IMO, simply because they have been in Columbus for a while now and we would have been a more logical next stop.

I realize I'm going to get pushback on this, but the most logical location for a new restaurant if they were going to have only one (there seems to be room for a number of outlets around here though) would be Miller Lane. Imagine how many out-of-towners they would get to stop by! That alone would support them.

Otherwise, I see the usual canvassing of the area occurring, which would include Austin Landing / Dayton Mall, Beavercreek, Brown St / Oakwood, and Miller Lane.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:32 AM

3,530 posts, read 4,994,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
More good news for the University of Dayton area.

Emerson to build $20M tech center in Dayton | www.mydaytondailynews.com
Good news indeed, especially added to other new Dayton business developments! Needless to say, this new tech-center's tie-in with GE's expanding regional presence will only add to its importance.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKID View Post
^That's a huge win! I see what UD is going for there - having a number of R&D operations at the site. I wasn't sure before, but this solidifies it. Great news for UD and the region!

Also re: Tom and Chee - Glad to hear their plans to come to Dayton! Slightly overdue IMO, simply because they have been in Columbus for a while now and we would have been a more logical next stop.

I realize I'm going to get pushback on this, but the most logical location for a new restaurant if they were going to have only one (there seems to be room for a number of outlets around here though) would be Miller Lane. Imagine how many out-of-towners they would get to stop by! That alone would support them.

Otherwise, I see the usual canvassing of the area occurring, which would include Austin Landing / Dayton Mall, Beavercreek, Brown St / Oakwood, and Miller Lane.
Yeah, doing that has a lot of benefits. 1, it builds on what UD/Dayton has. 2, it allows students at UD to see/work with companies in the Dayton area and maybe that makes them more willing to stay in the area when they graduate. 3, I think it is always good when you get companies working near each other that are similar (not necessarily in what they build/sell, but in how they think/operate).

As for Tom and Chee, I agree. I just think with all of the stuff around the Midtown District, that would be a good place. Plus, you will have one or two hotels in the area and UD students. So, you would still get people from out-of-town eating there hopefully.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:42 AM

$35-million technology center to bring new jobs | WDTN

Old 07-30-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
“This kind of collaboration with industry and private entities will be the way that universities go in the future with their research,” Curran said, adding the university has space for one or two other companies and is still hearing proposals for that land.
Emerson to build $20M research center on UD campus - Dayton Business Journal

Hopefully, they will find other places to do this if they have more companies who want to be involved.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:34 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,056,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Emerson to build $20M research center on UD campus - Dayton Business Journal

Hopefully, they will find other places to do this if they have more companies who want to be involved.
To my knowledge, Midmark moved some, most or all of their corporate offices to the River Campus. So really, there are three operations in there. Though Midmark still has their factory and R&D up north, I think.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightflyer View Post
To my knowledge, Midmark moved some, most or all of their corporate offices to the River Campus. So really, there are three operations in there. Though Midmark still has their factory and R&D up north, I think.
Thanks

Old 08-04-2014, 03:07 PM

Dayton investor to restore 521 Wayne Ave. building in Oregon District - Dayton Business Journal

This is a continuation of a positive trend, IMO.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:45 PM

1,870 posts, read 1,889,204 times
Thank you for that post.

I thought I would add to it with a quick look at the area in one click.

521 Wayne Ave.

( I'm really a map nerd. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton