Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2013, 03:08 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I dont have time right now so this will be a flyby post. Wurzig, the product is called ODOBAN and it's excellent for removing stains and smells. I used to recommend it many years ago when I was training dogs:

Amazon.com: OdoBan Odor Eliminator - RTU Spray W/1 Gallon Concentrate: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

NATURE'S MIRACLE is another very good product, although I personally dont think it's as good as ODOBAN:

Amazon.com: Nature's Miracle Stain & Odor Remover - Gallon: Pet Supplies
I will look up OdoBan...thanks, tfw.

We've gone through a LOT of Nature's Miracle over the last 2 years.....LOL

I also bought a new kind of animal spot stuff, forgot the name of it.....

And then I used full steam ahead Bissell pets......

And then did the home remedy...

I was going to try some Oxy Clean on it, (the laundry powder that I use to remove stains on clothes, etc), but I was afraid it might take out some color........ BUT, in the end, I got the stains out...it was the smell that got to us.

There is a robin's next right outside my office window......can't see any babies yet, but

Old 05-20-2013, 06:55 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Good morning!!!!

Well I will say Wurzig, you do seem to have some unusual events in your life!

We should give thanks today for everyone who has ever posted a freebie on here. It's not easy finding them and is very time consuming. Thanks for giving us your time and hard efforts. For giving us all a small piece of joy, of hope and anticipation, waiting anxiously to see if anything will come. Then the delight of finding something in our mail boxes, no mater how small or useful it is. Remember guys, it's the thrill of the hunt and the friendships gained that keep this forum alive!

Thank you to everyone!!! I appreciate all you do and have done for us!

Old 05-20-2013, 10:08 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
I agree, Camper. People who complain about the freebies postings should try posting them sometime. they'd see how much work and time it takes -- and they might have appreciated Bob's efforts a lot more.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:46 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,804,686 times
Does anybody else have hummingbird feeders?

Every year I get more hummingbirds!
Started with one feeder 2 years ago.
Got one more last year.
Every week they would be almost empty.
Bought another a week ago.
I just refilled all three and they were almost empty.

My sister calls me a Sugar Daddy

Anybody else feed them?

Last edited by bobrainman; 05-22-2013 at 05:58 PM..

Old 05-22-2013, 06:00 PM

I used to have lots of hummingbird feeders and other bird feeders. I had so many birds that all the feeders (about 15 of them) were emptied every day. It got to be very expensive to fill them up every day. And all the birds pooped on my patio furniture, as well as my neighbors' yard furnishings. I had so many complaints from my neighbors -- and I wasnt too fond of the way my pooped-all-over furniture looked either -- that I gave all the feeders (except one, which is empty and is just there for its looks) away.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:37 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrainman View Post
Does anybody else have hummingbird feeders?

Every year I get more hummingbirds!
Started with one feeder 2 years ago.
Got one more last year.
Every week they would be almost empty.
Bought another a week ago.
I just refilled all three and they were almost empty.

My sister calls me a Sugar Daddy

Anybody else feed them?
Yes, I have two feeders, Bob. Those little birdies just love the sugar water. One is hanging from the eaves outside my den and it is just amazing to watch them twitter around. The other is hanging from the patio cover. It's so peaceful to watch them. I don't even mind boiling the water and tons of sugar for them.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I used to have lots of hummingbird feeders and other bird feeders. I had so many birds that all the feeders (about 15 of them) were emptied every day. It got to be very expensive to fill them up every day. And all the birds pooped on my patio furniture, as well as my neighbors' yard furnishings. I had so many complaints from my neighbors -- and I wasnt too fond of the way my pooped-all-over furniture looked either -- that I gave all the feeders (except one, which is empty and is just there for its looks) away.
I have a ton of regular bird feeders. I couldn't live without my birds. My feeders hang from the trees and are far enough that it's not a problem. I just use the wild bird seed and the bird blocks and I get all kinds of birds. I think I would go with out food before I would go with out seed.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Yes, I have two feeders, Bob. Those little birdies just love the sugar water. One is hanging from the eaves outside my den and it is just amazing to watch them twitter around. The other is hanging from the patio cover. It's so peaceful to watch them. I don't even mind boiling the water and tons of sugar for them.
I don't even boil the water anymore. Just hot out of the tap, add the sugar and put it in front of this cool little fan I have to cool and out the door it goes. I have had the hummers still on a feeder as I carry it to the house to fill and clean it.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:26 AM

Free rain, Free rain, free rain!!!!!!
'bout 4 inches in the fast few days, maybe more coming. I know it wrong to be happy about it because there are parts of town that are flooding and our precious lake is not getting a drop, but my poor trees and foundations needed it so bad.

How about you, TFW? Any??

Old 05-25-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Free rain, Free rain, free rain!!!!!!
'bout 4 inches in the fast few days, maybe more coming. I know it wrong to be happy about it because there are parts of town that are flooding and our precious lake is not getting a drop, but my poor trees and foundations needed it so bad.

How about you, TFW? Any??

I'm happy for you, Camper. Not a drop here. Northern Houston got some rain but that's the way it's been for the past 3 years -- the northern areas arent in a drought; it's the southern areas here (including mine) that are begging for rain.

This hurricane season is supposed to be an active one. I dont want another direct hit like Ike but it would be nice to be on the dirty side of one and get some nice rain out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff