Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 02:45 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
We got another 2 inches last night. We're fine. All the flooding is no where near us but my heart just breaks for the mom and 2 children that's still uncounted for. Its been almost a week and no word.

I've been praying for that family too, Their dog, a Labrador Retriever who was with them, was found safe in a tree so there's always hope.

Old 05-29-2015, 03:42 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I've been praying for that family too, Their dog, a Labrador Retriever who was with them, was found safe in a tree so there's always hope.
Just heard they identified the young son.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:27 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Quote:
Thanks for the kind thoughts, Flamingo.

Ketabcha, I've been reading how your area has been getting hit hard too. I've bought canned goods and boxed goods for any emergency -- stuff that I normally wouldnt eat, which is how I manage to keep it around. And I also have a lot of TP in stock.

I'm only one block away from Brays Bayou (which is why my area flooded so badly). All of Houston, anywhere near the bayous, is now having problems with alligators and snakes. I read that Brays Bayou has had several alligators leave the bayou, looking for food and stiller waters. Even though my back yard is fenced, I wont let Queenie out there in the dark right now. And I'm definitely not walking her around the front yard, as I used to do at night, for a while.
Yikes! I hadn't even thought of gators and snakes. Do you have a pair of Wellies you can wear outside, TFW? You and Queenie stay safe.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:48 AM

Since my foot surgery, I wear only soft-soled shoes -- like slippers, Ketabcha. But reports of alligators have been less frequent in the past day so I'm feeling better.

I see that your area is getting pounded again and we're due for another bad storm this afternoon. At least we dont have to shovel this stuff, like Bob's area did last winter.

Old 05-30-2015, 08:39 AM

22,184 posts, read 14,811,050 times
Quote:
Since my foot surgery, I wear only soft-soled shoes -- like slippers, Ketabcha. But reports of alligators have been less frequent in the past day so I'm feeling better.

I see that your area is getting pounded again and we're due for another bad storm this afternoon. At least we dont have to shovel this stuff, like Bob's area did last winter.
I would rather have snow because you can't drown in it.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrainman View Post
I would rather have snow because you can't drown in it.
I think I'm with you on that one Bob.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:34 PM

400 posts, read 498,320 times
We beat the rain record set in 1935 here in Colorado Springs yesterday. Nice sunny day today and bought a pound of moist brisket and 2 lbs of veal bratwurst from a German Deli.

Old 05-31-2015, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina S View Post
We beat the rain record set in 1935 here in Colorado Springs yesterday. Nice sunny day today and bought a pound of moist brisket and 2 lbs of veal bratwurst from a German Deli.

Hi, Christina. My daughter lived in Colorado Springs for many years and still has a log house close to there, so I follow that weather. I've read about your rain. Hope it didnt cause any problems for you. And my mother was born in Germany so we grew up on bratwurst (and beer). Now I'm hungry for it.

It started raining here again @ 7:00 last night and is still raining now at 5:00 AM. The first couple of hours were rough, with lots of thunder and hard rains. I had to drag Queenie out from under the bed once -- she crawls under there out of fear and then cant get out. After that first few hours, the rain became a nice, soft shower. No flooding in my immediate area but downtown and other areas flooded. Snakes are out in full force -- news reports say that hospitals are treating record numbers of snakebites.

No more rain expected for the rest of this week.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:54 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
OMG! What is that round yellow thing in the sky?

It's sunny today. It will be for at least a week. I hope this miracle spreads to you, Camp and TFW.
I never suffer from SAD. I like all kinds of weather but this flooding is so dangerous and destructive.
It's wonderful outside. Now I have to wash the mud off the patio and I will do that with glee.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
OMG! What is that round yellow thing in the sky?

It's sunny today. It will be for at least a week. I hope this miracle spreads to you, Camp and TFW.
I never suffer from SAD. I like all kinds of weather but this flooding is so dangerous and destructive.
It's wonderful outside. Now I have to wash the mud off the patio and I will do that with glee.
I see it too!!!! Everything is starting to be back to normal. A few of the rivers are receding and the clean up has started. Most of the State parks around rivers will be closed for the summer because of flood damage.

Sad part is we'll be dry and begging for water before the summers out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff