Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2015, 05:13 PM

400 posts, read 498,459 times

Advertisements

Ate bad king crabs. Bought the, frozen from Safeway last sunday and immediatley placed in the freezer here at home. Thawed and boiled the, for dinner last night and kept throwing up an hour after esting them.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:23 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
This afternoon is the first there hasn't been rain here since Mon. morning.... Can't imagine how you all dealt w/what you went through!

Haven't been on here lately - my friends' husband was out of town this week so I was taking her to dr. appts., errands, radiation, etc. - hubby is back now so I was off today but had to go to the bank for something so had to go out - planning on bed any minute now, LOL

Have a great weekend all!

Old 06-05-2015, 05:24 PM

Sorry you got sick but you do NOT thaw them first - boil them frozen.

Old 06-05-2015, 07:05 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
So sorry you got sick, Christina.

Flamingo, I never knew that you should boil frozen crabs without thawing first. Thanks for the info. Your friend is very lucky to have you, And our rain is supposed to be back next week. It's been so hot here -- my window thermometer showed it was 104 at 4:00 PM -- that I'm ready for a little rain every day to cool things off.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:33 PM

Help! I need some advice on desktop computers. My 11-year-old Gateway is dying. I'm starting to have a lot of problems with it that I doubt are fixable. As much as I hate the idea of giving up my Windows XP --and especially as much as I hate the idea of having to start all over again with a new computer -- I need to get a new computer before this one totally dies. (If it dies I have no way to order a new computer.)

I really like Gateway, although I understand that Acer bought it out. What desktops do you guys have? I have to order something quickly because this beloved computer is getting worse by the day.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:22 AM

22,184 posts, read 14,816,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Help! I need some advice on desktop computers. My 11-year-old Gateway is dying. I'm starting to have a lot of problems with it that I doubt are fixable. As much as I hate the idea of giving up my Windows XP --and especially as much as I hate the idea of having to start all over again with a new computer -- I need to get a new computer before this one totally dies. (If it dies I have no way to order a new computer.)

I really like Gateway, although I understand that Acer bought it out. What desktops do you guys have? I have to order something quickly because this beloved computer is getting worse by the day.
I have a Dell 2350 and so far it is hanging tough.

This has some good info:
Nine Ways To Breathe New Life Into Your Old Computer - PC Mike's Techcast

Old 06-09-2015, 07:50 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
Oh! I wish I could help! I just bought my daughter a new one for her 25th birthday but I have to admit, she picked it out and I just paid for it. I would be so lost without her and hubby's help on stuff like that. Good luck!!!!

Old 06-09-2015, 09:22 AM

TFW - I'd post in the computer forum, lots of helpful folks there that will often recommend (and find) deals - I got my Dell that way and have been happy with it. Good luck (if you were closer, or your sister was driving to visit, I'd pass on my older, but still works, computer).

Old 06-09-2015, 09:35 AM

Thanks so much for the link, Bob! And, Camper, I should be ashamed to admit that, after owning computers since 1996, I'm still very ignorant of them -- but I know only what I've learned through trial and error. Flamingo, a couple of years ago I posted a question on the Computers forum and was ridiculed, so I'm not inclined to do that again.

I did do a System Restore and set my computer back 2 weeks, which is when all the problems started. One problem is that I can type a sentence and none of the spaces between words will show up until the end of the sentence. Also, if I type a certain letter that letter wont show up anywhere in the sentence until the end.

For example, I'm going to type a sentence and leave it the way that it comes out. Then I'll correct it so you can see what it was meant to be. I replaced my keyboard, thinking maybe that was the problem, but it wasnt.

Thqucikbrwnfxjumpdverthelaydg ooooeez. (This forum wont accept multiple spaces. Between the words and the letters ooooeez, there are actually 7 spaces.)

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:56 PM

Welp, the Amazon third-party seller from whom I ordered a Gateway with WIndows 7 went south on me. Luckily, Amazon doesnt charge you until the item is shipped. So I ordered an inexpensive Gateway with Windows 8.1 and a couple of books on using Win8.1. I'm going to give it a try and, if it drives me crazy, I'll hire a computer guru to see if he can load Win7 on it.

The big news here is the weather (again). Some parts of Houston (not mine) had heavy rain and flooding Saturday. More rain is supposed to start tonight due to a tropical storm coming in -- and should last until Wednesday. More flooding for those poor people who havent yet recovered from the flooding three weeks ago. I'm close to Braes Bayou, the bayou that flooded so badly last time, and I had water almost to my doorstep last time. Praying that it doesnt come into my house this time. I have flood insurance but only on the dwelling, not the contents. (Since I'm in a flood zone, flood insurance is very expensive.)

So, if you dont hear from me for a while, I'm either cursing out Windows 8.1 or trying to dry out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff