Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2015, 06:24 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times

Advertisements

Hi, Starr.

Thanks for the good wishes. It poured down rain here...about 6" worth. There are some closures in these parts but Bill has moved past us.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:20 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
Thanks, Starr. We've missed you!

My part of town was spared the worst of the storm.

Glad you got a kick out of the typing issues I've been having. My new computer (Windows 8.1) arrived today. I decided to get a computer guru to install a KVM switch -- that will allow me to toggle back and forth between my wonderful XP computer and the 8.1 computer, so I can have the XP as a security blanket and also so I wont lose all the stuff on it. I had a KVM switch once but it froze up my keyboard and mouse and I didnt know how to unfreeze it back then. But I've read up on it now and think I can deal with any problems. The computer guy is coming tomorrow night to check out both of my computers.

Ketabcha, I've been thinking about you and hoping that you werent hit hard by the storm.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:51 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
Hi Starr!!!! Glad you checked in!!

Not a drop here today. Glad to see it. We don't need any right now.

Do you remember me telling you about that family that got washed away Memorial day weekend? The father was found and is recovering, the mother was found as was the little boy but the poor sweet daughter ( age 4 I think) has still not been found. They held a memorial service today and have decided to go ahead with funereal for the mother and son.

Just breaks my heart...

Old 06-18-2015, 09:50 AM

2,164 posts, read 1,653,733 times
Good to see you guys too. We've had more rain than usual here, broke some records, but it's usually gone by the next day. Will continue to hold you all in my thoughts.

SO sad about that family. If I was the dad, I wouldn't want to go on.
Congrats on the new PC, TFW!

Old 06-18-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr.R View Post
Good to see you guys too. We've had more rain than usual here, broke some records, but it's usually gone by the next day. Will continue to hold you all in my thoughts.
SO sad about that family. If I was the dad, I wouldn't want to go on.
Congrats on the new PC, TFW!

There have been so many sad stories about that poor drowned family. I dont know how the dad is going to get through it. although I remember wondering the same thing about that doctor (William Pettit) in Connecticut whose wife and daughters were murdered in a home invasion 8 years ago. The wife and the 11-year-old daughter were also raped. (The two animals had followed the wife and the 11-year-old home from the grocery store.) He managed to survive somehow and I thought he might go crazy with grief. I guess he almost did -- he never returned to medicine --but he finally got married again about 3 years ago.

Dont congratulate me yet on the new computer. I guess I'm getting old because I'm not so interested in learning new things. I'm more ready to give up my Windows XP now than I was 2-3 years ago but, if given the chance, I'd opt for another XP computer in a heartbeat.

Rain has stopped. More is predicted for next week but that's ok -- it's supposed to be just light rain from warming afternoon temps.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:11 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
Woke up to the nicest soft rain. Its so peaceful. Can hear all the birds outside loving it too. So much better than those loud downpours we've been getting, Guess we're just not used to any kind of rain here!!

And when did we get so danged old that we started talking about the weather?!

At least we're talking again. Hate the radio silence we have here sometimes.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:25 PM

I agree that a soft rain is peaceful. Don't mind those at all. We're in the rainy (hurricane) season now, so we get a shower most days.

Quote:
LOL I don't know! Kind of crept up on us, didn't it? haha
I'm glad everyone is doing OK. It's nice to see all your familiar names.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:27 PM

Also, I've been trying to send you guys "positive ratings" but I guess it remembers me, cuz it keeps saying, You must spread some reputation around before giving it to ____ again." [[sigh]]

Old 06-19-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
...And when did we get so danged old that we started talking about the weather?!

Talking about the weather is probably better than talking about our aches and pains. And I agree -- it's nice to be able to catch up on what everyone's doing. I think about youall all the time.

And wouldnt you know...now that I have the new computer (still in the box), my old computer is working just great. I'm so tempted not to do anything with the new computer until I absolutely have to. But I have an appointment with a computer guy to come by tonight. He doesnt seem enthusiastic about installing a KVM switch that will enable me to toggle back and forth between the two computers on one monitor. But I'm determined to have it.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:41 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post

Yeah, maybe we should talk about medical conditions and medications. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I'm just so thrilled that we all keep in touch with each other.

I was "friends" with a fellow in Baltimore for a long time in C-D. Suddenly he was no longer here. Nobody has heard from him. I fear he died. I never even knew his entire name and can't track him down. He had a cat named "Patrick" and I worry about the cat, too. It's been three years and I still yearn for both of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff