Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 08:46 AM

199 posts, read 938,152 times

Advertisements

Charley,

With you knowledge of many different subjects, perhaps you should audition for the tv show, "Be a Millionaire"!! In addition to possibly winning some bucks, you can sit opposite Meredith - a hottie in my humble opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 08:51 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
I don't know much, but I do know not to try TV. I definitely have a face for radio!

Besides, it's better to keep my mouth shut and let people think I'm stupid than to open my mouth and confirm it for them.

Charley

Last edited by Gone-2-Beach; 09-21-2007 at 08:59 AM..

Old 09-24-2007, 07:26 PM

72 posts, read 297,201 times
rusummer1, thanks for the new direction in which to visit DC

I haven't checked in this forum for quite some time; glad to see everyone is well

Old 09-25-2007, 07:19 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Default Try WV of PA before DE

I don't know anything about trains to Newark--that might be a good solution but I would look into the cost factor. Trains can be expensive. If you are considering driving to D.C., don't move to Delaware. The commuting distance is a nightmare, and the roads in the Eastern Shore make it even worse. They are two lane roads that become easily congested (especially when you add farm vehicles to the traffic). Driving over the bridge is no fun during rush hour--there is a reason people going to the Delaware beaches leave D.C. at 4 a.m. (even on the weekends).

If your main reason has to do with the high cost of housing, consider West Virginia or possibly Pennsylvania. I know several people who commute from Martinsburg or Harpers Ferry. It is still a horrible commute, but at least the roads are a little better.

Frankly, I would try to find a house in Virginia or Maryland. If you commute for 2+ hours a day (each way), how will you find time to enjoy your family or have much of a life?

Old 09-25-2007, 07:20 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarabeth View Post
It's sort of hard to get in and out of this state, unless you're coming from the tippy top of it....or use the bridge....OR if you're in Jersey, and come across from Cape May, into Lewes, Delaware, on the shore.

I know and I hadn't realized this before we moved. Of course, it is not a necessity but once in a while going on a trip, Could be easier.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:13 PM

40 posts, read 168,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarabeth View Post
rusummer1, thanks for the new direction in which to visit DC

I haven't checked in this forum for quite some time; glad to see everyone is well
your welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware