Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2006, 10:37 PM

27 posts, read 172,550 times

Advertisements

I have read through a lot of the threads and noticed a lot of people on this forum really promote the south east Denver side, IE. Highland Ranch, Littleton, etc.. I am looking to relocate in Denver and have a brother who lives in Westminster, Broomfield area. He cant say enough about were he lives and goes on and on about how great the schools are in Adams county. Is there just know one on this forum familiar with those areas? Is the southeast side of Denver just a better area in general. He talks a lot about how everything is being built around there and my husband was just there a few weeks ago (in the Westmin. area) and came across homes in the 1 mill range. So I am really curious has to why know one in this forum ever promotes these areas? Is there something we are missing?? He specifically told us to look North of Denver. I would have never thought twice untill I came on to this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2006, 11:17 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
There are more than 525 properties on the market today for more than one million dollars.
25 in Broomfield/Westminister. (north)
237 in Douglas Elbert Counties. (southeast)
170 in Denver County. (central)
27 in Jefferson County. (west)
50 in Arapahoe County (south and east)

Old 08-10-2006, 12:46 PM

530 posts, read 2,625,653 times
We recently moved to louisville in Boulder County.We love it. It is not as crowded as south denver. More people live south of town so maybe that is why you hear from more of them. The Boulder County schools are very good.

Old 08-25-2006, 11:21 PM

61 posts, read 377,863 times
I'll take a stab at it. Most consider Broomfield, Thorton, Westminster, Lakewood, Arvada, Northglen like Aurora, Commerce City, Montbello pretty much blue collar communities. (and I live in SE Aurora)

The movers and shakers live in the Cherry Creek Mall area/historical district ( old wealthy Denver under various names), Cherry Hills Village (John Elway, Mike Shanahan, many corporate big wigs - av home $2 million), Greenwood Village, more of the same (av home $1.4 million), and Castle Pines Village (range 750k to 13M). There are other scattered pockets around in the high end areas of Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Parker, etc. They are all on the south side.
Louisville is a great place to live (and I truly like it a lot - more charm than any town in the metro area), but doesn'have the glamour stuff; same is true for Superior. Boulder is it's on world, known for trust fund kids, 60's liberals, kooky gov't (don't even mention the JonBenet thing), very pricey to live and hard on businesses and homeowners to build and comply with all the rules and regulations, and of course, Univ of Colorado college town.
I formed a luxury home team 2 1/2 years ago, many web sites, and 99.9% of all inquires are for the south side.
People wisely want 'brand' names...all things equal a home in Highlands Ranch for $400k will sell far faster than a home in Thornton for the same (and will appreciate faster). HR is a known quanity, like Greenwood or Cherry Hills Village.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver