Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 11:25 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,015,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
I think you're probably right. My family rented a home in Castle Rock while we were house-hunting. Beautiful community, but I did not enjoy the driving.

Not after awhile when you just want to get bread of a gallon of milk, or maybe just drive up to any place to get a quick bite or buy clothes. It's always going to be a drive. I have had people justify it by saying, it;s only 15 minutes. I lived in an area like for for 3-4 years, been there done that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 11:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
You just don't understand,.

we work in the DTC, all my doctors are there ( I have a chronic illness), my friends live there, I went to school there, my whole world is there, makes perfect sense to live there.

Don't like cherry creek it fine. Where I choose to live is really none of your business. no need to keep ragging on it over and over. We get it.
I understand just fine. Everybody has to choose what's best for them. However, to say CCHS is a Ferarri and the rest of the high schools in the metro area are, well, not, is just not the reality of the school situation.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
However, to say CCHS is a Ferarri and the rest of the high schools in the metro area are, well, not, is just not the reality of the school situation.

sorry but I have to disagree with you. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Also nothing wrong with being proud of the school you went to, not going to allow anyone to take that away from me and many of my former classmates feel the same way.

We have get togethers once every 2 months, we are very proud of our school. I seen get togethers as far back as 79 cherry creek at CB Potts often.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:12 PM

531 posts, read 1,146,475 times
Quote:
I don't think douglas county schools are horrible. I even said in a post to someone about Legend highschool which is in 80138. We can get a nicer bigger house in parker no doubt, but the drive I feel wil start to get to us.

I found a house with a professionaly built media room, big backyard in parker. That's hard to walk away from, but after the novelty wears off and we are driving in the snow and traffic everyday. I think we wil be unhappy.
So it turns out, this is less about the high school, and more about the location?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechMike View Post
So it turns out, this is less about the high school, and more about the location?

it's both, what bothered my husband was the houses, and i have to agree they are old but not really that bad inside. But they do have lower ceilings, compartmentalized etc.. He prefers newer homes that are more open. So he was willing to switch school districts to move into a house he prefered.

Looks like we'll be able to avoid leaving the area.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:47 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,054,634 times
I'm confused. Did you not buy a house in GV just recently?

Old 07-19-2011, 01:28 PM

My old neighbours house, it's older. He went into a nursing home so my Dad talked to him about selling his house to us. We don't like it. some houses are just too old and cost too much to update. Even though he updated it, it's not really updated like we like and again too much to invest.

Dark and depressing, tile counter tops, no biggie to replace. But then you have carpet, wood floors, paint, redo the basement etc... forget it. He did all of it but it was updated to him. He is 80 something.

It's hilarious how much these POS houses go for.

we want something newer.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:32 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,217,846 times
Quote:
I know this has been discussed, but what is a good site to compare schools?
I had to remind myself the original question was. At any rate, greatshcools.org of course. Or, if you'd like to compare and contrast on a national level you can glance at the most recent national list: Newsweek's top 500 high schools in America.

Nine Front range schools make the top 500 although none from CCSD's seven high schools.
America's Best High Schools - Newsweek

Old 07-19-2011, 02:48 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
sorry but I have to disagree with you. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Also nothing wrong with being proud of the school you went to, not going to allow anyone to take that away from me and many of my former classmates feel the same way.

We have get togethers once every 2 months, we are very proud of our school. I seen get togethers as far back as 79 cherry creek at CB Potts often.
It sounds like you need to get out and see other parts of the world! I went to a great high school in another state but seriously, I have no connection to it and really couldn't care less about it at this point in my life.

I live in the DPS school district and we have the top rated high school in the state (Denver School of Science and Tech), I believe. And great grade and middle schools. Why limit your entire life to one spot on the planet? Experience something else and you're perspective will change.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
It sounds like you need to get out and see other parts of the world! I went to a great high school in another state but seriously, I have no connection to it and really couldn't care less about it at this point in my life.

I live in the DPS school district and we have the top rated high school in the state (Denver School of Science and Tech), I believe. And great grade and middle schools. Why limit your entire life to one spot on the planet? Experience something else and you're perspective will change.

This is the difference between someone who is a native and someone who isn't.

I also have experienced the world and lived in other countries off and on all my life with my Dad. So what's it to you what I choose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver