Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 04:02 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
What is it that makes people so fake? I don't know. The only fake people I am aware of are the cartoon characters.

Wow Walmart hook ups. Who would have thought. Maybe that will catch on and give clubs a run for their money. I can see it now. "Its Friday night, my Walmart hookup night. Sure hope the sporting goods section is hopping tonight. Last week the party was in Automotive." Then again their is the 82 year old Walmart greeter. I am sure that she may be free on a Friday night. And the best part is that if its a dinner date you will get in early as the greeter likes to eat before 5pm.
You can have a romantic dinner at the McDonalds located in the Walmart. What a great start to a relationship.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:03 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
LOL. Exactly.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:14 PM

521 posts, read 859,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingUSA View Post
Now that I've already heard 2 or 3 other people say the same thing I'm been thinking for months...I'm just trying to figure out is this like the acceptable cultural norm in the front range area to behave this way?

Like for example, I've met like 3 people recently in the past 2 weeks. They seemed totally interested in person, but then once you start conversing with them outside of face to face interaction, all of a sudden they just stop responding to texts and just disappear for no applicable reason within a matter of a couple days.

I'm just having a hard time adjusting to all this fakeness out here. I don't think I've ever lived in a city where people are so artificial acting. It's like artificial on a different level.

Another example, I just got a new car. My neighbors also got a new car a couple months ago. Now, I had said something friendly awhile ago like, "how does the new car drive?" But now they seen me roll up with 2 different new cars in the past month and act like they didn't even notice.

It's like I don't know if people out here just jealous or intimidated or what. I just don't know. But it's like they take avoidance to another level and it's like they act shady for no reason.

It seems like this place has some sort of weird repressed, passive aggressive mentality about them. They act all friendly and in your face when you see them, but the moment you turn your head it's like they run up and chop your head off or something
Come on, man. Isn't it obvious if someone is ignoring your calls and texts then they just don't want to be friends? Why is this something worth complaining about? Man up and go make new friends.

Also, who cares if someone compliments you on your new car? Did you buy it for compliments or did you buy it do get you where you need to go? Jesus, man. That is just completely rediculous.

Jealous or intimidated?? You want them to be? Sounds like to me you live in a very nice neighborhood where people mind their own business. That's all. No one hates you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Just the other day, I was minding my business, standing in line at WalMart. Then I started to notice... people were giving me the stink eye, just looking at me real mean. I didn't do anything.. maybe they were just jealous because I could afford the name brand peanut butter and they couldn't. Maybe they never saw a white dude in WalMart? But I had the same thing happen at the dollar store when I whipped out a five dollar bill Why is everyone in Denver mean and envious??? I've gotta get outa here. When I lived in Duluth, people were nice, and would just talk to me in line at WalMart. I hooked up with a lotta people at WalMart in Duluth. Life was perfect there.
Wow. Just wow. People giving you the "stink eye" because of your peanut butter? Likewise at a dollar store because you took out a five dollar bill?

I'm at a loss of words at your attitude torwards society.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:30 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiScree View Post
Come on, man. Isn't it obvious if someone is ignoring your calls and texts then they just don't want to be friends? Why is this something worth complaining about? Man up and go make new friends.

Also, who cares if someone compliments you on your new car? Did you buy it for compliments or did you buy it do get you where you need to go? Jesus, man. That is just completely rediculous.

Jealous or intimidated?? You want them to be? Sounds like to me you live in a very nice neighborhood where people mind their own business. That's all. No one hates you.

Wow. Just wow. People giving you the "stink eye" because of your peanut butter? Likewise at a dollar store because you took out a five dollar bill?

I'm at a loss of words at your attitude torwards society.
LOL I see you're new here....denverian was just having some fun....

Old 08-29-2011, 05:39 PM

521 posts, read 859,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
LOL I see you're new here....denverian was just having some fun....

I figured that had to be a joke. Sarcasm meter calibrated!

Old 08-29-2011, 06:02 PM

205 posts, read 503,580 times
This whole thread (or series of threads) is just sad. I'd suggest moving, but I have a feeling that it won't make a difference because no matter where you go, there you are.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:30 PM

152 posts, read 392,335 times
I agree, Cruising! Many people here are passive aggressive and phony. Not returning your calls and texts is clearly a passive aggressive way of showing that they're no longer interested in communicating with you. Whereas people in most other places would tell you directly if they're no longer interested, people here skirt around the issue.

It seems there are quite a few posters who can't stand to hear that Denver isn't everyone's Shangri-La! I just encourage you to tough it out here until you can move somewhere else. All the experiences that you're having will make you that much more grateful to go to SLC or wherever you're planning to go next!

Old 08-29-2011, 07:19 PM

531 posts, read 1,146,094 times
Personally, I never had the kind of problems you did. Maybe it is because I'm not a minority.

Regardless, sounds like Denver just isn't your cup of tea. It isn't for everyone.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:07 PM

694 posts, read 2,651,580 times
Colorado : the whiny, needy, clingy need not apply... try chicago

Old 08-29-2011, 08:07 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,508,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
just the other day, i was minding my business, standing in line at walmart. Then i started to notice... People were giving me the stink eye, just looking at me real mean. I didn't do anything.. Maybe they were just jealous because i could afford the name brand peanut butter and they couldn't. Maybe they never saw a white dude in walmart? But i had the same thing happen at the dollar store when i whipped out a five dollar bill Why is everyone in denver mean and envious??? I've gotta get outa here. When i lived in duluth, people were nice, and would just talk to me in line at walmart. I hooked up with a lotta people at walmart in duluth. Life was perfect there.
hahahaha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver