Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 11:22 AM
WiW

167 posts, read 577,835 times

Advertisements

I don't understand the link between speed of construction and quality. We make most things faster as technology and processes get better - why should homes be any different. If anything, I think the housing industry is way behind in productivity.

You can build crappy stuff over a long period of time too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 11:40 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiW View Post
I don't understand the link between speed of construction and quality. We make most things faster as technology and processes get better - why should homes be any different. If anything, I think the housing industry is way behind in productivity.

Maybe if they slapped it up in a week I'd be concerned. Our house broke ground in February and we moved in in August, so about 5 - 6 months to build. Did a house built in 1890 on Cap. Hill take any longer to build?

The silly pictures "Kaboom" posted are ridiculous and some extreme example. I know of no issues like those in Stapleton. Not to mention, you have a third party inspector look your house over before closing, so flaws like those would have been exposed.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:07 PM

698 posts, read 2,047,301 times
The custom house that took the longest to build in Bradburn (3 years) was such a POS they had to rip it down to the studs and start over. Speed of construction doesn't say much about quality. Quality of construction says what kind of quality it is.

However--the housing boom certainly did promote a slapdash culture of build 'em quick craptastic construction, it's just not like that everywhere.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:13 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
The KB "Paired" Home they stood up at the entrance to BelMar took about 4 months...I watched in amazement at how fast they set that thing up. It looks exactly like this one in Stapleton:
Yep, that sounds pretty typical. The seven month average is from ground breaking to move it. Thats scary IMHO.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I don't understand the link between speed of construction and quality.
It's like the difference between fast food and fine dining. Would you like to super size your McHouse today?

Old 01-05-2012, 01:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:

You beat me to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Yep, that sounds pretty typical. The seven month average is from ground breaking to move it. Thats scary IMHO.
Why is that scary? It depends somewhat on how many people are working on the house, doesn't it?

Old 01-05-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
The silly pictures "Kaboom" posted are ridiculous and some extreme example. I know of no issues like those in Stapleton.
I guess you missed this thread.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/denve...apleton-3.html

Old 01-05-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
What does that thread have to do with anything? It's three years old and had to do with builders pulling out/hitting a rough patch during the recession. McStain is still building in Stapleton and new builders have come in. Stapleton is progressing just fine. Home sales are up, prices are rising... but you do a great job of hating on everything Denver from your mystical perfect location far, far away

Old 01-06-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
What does that thread have to do with anything?
What does it have to do with? It has to do with, that you said that you know of no issues with homes in Stapleton, and I just pointed you to an entire thread of them.

Quote:
It's three years old and had to do with builders pulling out/hitting a rough patch during the recession. McStain is still building in Stapleton and new builders have come in. Stapleton is progressing just fine. Home sales are up, prices are rising... but you do a great job of hating on everything Denver from your mystical perfect location far, far away
Oh I see, if I point out anything negative about anything in Denver, I'm hating on Denver. I guess maybe this means, that I should keep my mouth shut about the fact that the ground water is rising in Stapleton, and will eventually swap most of the homes there.

Instead I should focus only an the positive things about Denver. Like how the sun shines every minute of the day, even when it snows. The air is always clean, RTD is the best transit system in the world. The roads are never crowded. How Denver is an utopia, where everyone is happy, happy, joy, joy all the time. Like in a 1950s TV show.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
What does it have to do with? It has to do with, that you said that you know of no issues with homes in Stapleton, and I just pointed you to an entire thread of them.

Oh I see, if I point out anything negative about anything in Denver, I'm hating on Denver. I guess maybe this means, that I should keep my mouth shut about the fact that the ground water is rising in Stapleton, and will eventually swap most of the homes there.

Instead I should focus only an the positive things about Denver. Like how the sun shines every minute of the day, even when it snows. The air is always clean, RTD is the best transit system in the world. The roads are never crowded. How Denver is an utopia, where everyone is happy, happy, joy, joy all the time. Like in a 1950s TV show.
lol! No, you were talking about poor craftsmanship in new home construction and posted pictures of a house that's not in Stapleton. The thread had nothing to do with poor craftsmanship or problems with Stapleton homes. It was about builders pulling out during a recession, and that's no longer an issue in Stapleton. Apples, Oranges.

I think people just get tired of your negativity and exaggeration to try and paint everything Denver in a negative light, even though you don't live here or see anything here in person. If you hate Denver, don't come here and leave the Denver forum alone. There are plenty of places in this country I don't care for, so I don't post in their forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver