Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 04:00 AM

40 posts, read 82,027 times

Advertisements

In Capitol Hill, 7th/8th/9th streets area, it's very leafy, walkable to downtown/Cherry Creek, few homeless, urban sophistication.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 08:40 PM

5 posts, read 10,744 times
Neighborhoods with trees that are not inconvenient to most of Denver, so east of I-25. City Park, Parts of Uptown, Capitol Hill, Congress Park, Cheeseman Park, South Park Hill, Hilltop, Country Club, Bonnie Brae, Wash Park, University. In all of these neighborhoods you can find places to live that allow you to walk to everything you need and take a bus to the downtown business district, places to eat, see shows, etc. In parts of them it is harder.

I lived in the highlands area for two years and really had a hard time with how inconvenient and dirty it was when compared to where I moved from in the Cheeseman Park area. Most of the things I did in Denver were now 30 minutes away, yet seemingly so close. Sloan's lake however was nice.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:38 AM

7 posts, read 10,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSValor View Post
I am thinking of moving to Denver.

I'm visiting a friend at his "luxury" apartment building (One Lincoln Park) and despite being downtown, it's really not in walking distance to much. In order to get to anything decent (restaurants, shopping, etc.) I have to walk past vacant lots and dodge all of the homeless people. Also, where are the trees? I don't know why but I thought Denver was supposed to have trees.

Where can I go where it's pretty (trees, greenery, etc.) and I can walk to everything and not worry about being the only one on the block with a homeless person?

I have read good things about Cherry Creek. Which other places should I look at?
I recently moved to Denver myself and have fallen in love with the University of Denver area. Where I'm located at, I am able to reach Univeristy Blvd, Evans, etc. that have great bars and restaurants, some geared towards students, some not. A benefit being, everything is open until 2-3 am because of the students.

Additionally, I'm about 3 blocks from South Pearl Street (awesome Farmer's Market during the warmer months!). I'm about a 20 minute walk to Washington Park and South Gaylord. A 30 minute walk and I'm in the Bonnie Brea neighborhood. Cherry Creek is within a bikeable distance as well. To top off the area, there is a light rail station literally next door to my apartment. I don't have a car so I use it regularly to reach downtown, reach Park Meadows Mall, and am able to get to any major store from it. I take a 10 minute ride and I'm already at the Denver Tech Center for work.

The key to this area is that it is affordable. Cherry Creek is extremely expensive and if you make average income, you won't be walking to anywhere because you won't have money to spend. University allows you the same ability to access things without paying the high prices (I pay $750 for a one bedroom apartment, all utilities included).

Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,812,468 times
News Flash One Lincoln Park sucks for so many reasons it would take pages for me to explain; I knew the developers to the sales team,investors,contractors..stay far away.. "Yes," look at Cherry Creek if it's in your budget, it has the most greenery and the highest walk score average over ANY neighborhood in Denver.There are plently of great areas but there is a reason why every neighborhood trys boasting that they are close to Cherry Creek.

Last edited by Scott5280; 10-06-2012 at 08:59 PM..

Old 10-11-2012, 10:10 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,110,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post

If you live on a major bus route, all the venues on that route become your virtual neighborhood. For example, if you live within a short walk to Broadway, in the Baker neighborhood, then you have access to the very frequent and extended service of the Broadway Bus, Route 0. The same approach can viewed if you live a rail station; for then every amenity near every other station because your virtual neighborhood. Your virtual neighborhood is extended if you view the connecting buses as a further expansion of your virtual walkable neighborhood.
+1 on Bus Zero! You're bringing back memories of late nights partying in LoDo and picking up Zero at Market St. Late at night. You're always in for some great entertainment on the ride home

Old 10-11-2012, 10:15 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,110,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
News Flash One Lincoln Park sucks for so many reasons it would take pages for me to explain; I knew the developers to the sales team,investors,contractors..stay far away.. "Yes," look at Cherry Creek if it's in your budget, it has the most greenery and the highest walk score average over ANY neighborhood in Denver.There are plently of great areas but there is a reason why every neighborhood trys boasting that they are close to Cherry Creek.
CC is also full of uppity smug *******s who don't even respond to your greeting when passing on the sidewalk. There are plenty of other green and walk able neighborhoods with friendlier people.

Really, Denver is one of the greenest cities in the US. True they were all planted, but they are green nonetheless. I live in Cole and while the people are relatively lower class, it is still just as green as CC.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:43 AM

207 posts, read 481,009 times
I was at Ace Friday afternoon. What a great scene and patio. E. 17th and Restaurant Row (Uptown) is world class hanging out. It's an 8 minute walk from One Lincoln Park. The uncomfortable first part of the walk takes only a few seconds.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:32 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,400,425 times
If you have not been to Arvada recently, there is much that is happening and it is worth a look:

You can live very comfortably in the older area of Arvada on Ralston Road (West 58th) and have many places to walk. You have olde town Arvada with many stores, restaurants. There are multiple parks nearby and large new ones are being built. If you look at Google, you will see a running track, near the School at Balsam--that is now gone and a new park in being built. Going Down at Ralston, at Garrison, you will see the large old Ice Arena which has been demolished. That area is now being redeveloped as a flood control project and will be an extension of the parks along Ralston Creek and trails, just to the north.

Public transit in good with a Park-n-Ride in Olde Town and buses running along Ralston Road. It will be much better in the future, as the West Rail Line in now under construction with a Station in Olde Town, at Webster and Grandview. This will allow you to extend your virtual neighborhood with a quick rail trip to the New Union Station.

In addition, the old shopping plaza, vintage the 1950s, north and south of Ralston road, between Independence and Garrison is slated to be redeveloped with new stores, restaurants and housing.

Housing around this area will increase in value as the the area is redeveloped. Now, there are nice older homes and apartments. With the redevelopment, we will see new housing. So, get in when the getting is good.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 10-14-2012 at 05:42 PM..

Old 10-14-2012, 08:47 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,812,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_reino View Post
+1 on Bus Zero! You're bringing back memories of late nights partying in LoDo and picking up Zero at Market St. Late at night. You're always in for some great entertainment on the ride home

Although rather off topic I am more than sick of the menver BS from bitter little people..Picking up zero when your young is for UGLY PEOPLE..speak for yourself..couldn't care less if I get banned for telling the absolute truth. Guys not meeting women in Denver? I must be totally missing something,,back in the day as well the present, it's so easy it's laughable. FYI I may be many things a drunk, a blowhard, a huge self absorbed ...hole at times but meeting and dating consistantly hot woman here or anywhere has never been an issue. Little secret for you little skipper a good majority of very attractive women like good looking guys even if they treat them like dirt....sorrry to be the messenger of truth ...GET OVER IT MENVERITES. If that came across as completely arrogant than that came out right. Picking up the # zero or RTD translation the reason to drive is zero..fyi cole sucks ass my friend.I would slit my throat before even considering a move there.

Last edited by Scott5280; 10-14-2012 at 09:21 PM..

Old 10-14-2012, 10:03 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,400,425 times
Scott5280:

Your statement is completely off base and it is making the wrong assumption.

The poster was responding to my original post. I was talking about living off Broadway in the Baker neighborhood, so one could have access to the major bus route 0 (zero) which runs on Broadway to extend your virtual walkable neighborhood.

He was remembering picking up the Bus 0(zero) after a late night downtown. It has nothing to do with pickup up zero girls.

In addition, your ability to write is questionable. This is not the sort of language you use on a public forum. Your post shows your lack of education and knowledge of the English language. If you disagree, then use language that is proper for an adult to understand, not some stupid street lingo.

Livecontent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver