Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you expect your neighborhood to see significant property value appreciation over the next year or
Yes, and ahead of inflation. 8 14.81%
Yes, but not much, especially considering inflation. 15 27.78%
No, but little loss relative to today's values. 22 40.74%
No, and significant loss relative to today's values. 9 16.67%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 02:47 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,289,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenfromdenver View Post
I think what happens is people are priced out of places like LA, San Francsico, Boston, New York and they look around Denver and move here due to it being a great place and more affordable. So, as the coasts fall, we rise.
it will be interesting to see this. i agree that there should be some influx from places like LA. there already has been for quite a while. though, looking at real estate value trends around denver for the past several months, it's been a pretty steady decline for many areas, at least considering that inflation's quoted as around 3% (though .8% by the fed), and thought by some to be more like 7-10% lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 04:44 PM

here is what trulia.com gathers:

Denver, CO real estate guide - Trulia.com

you can look by neighborhood, too. i'm not sure how much data they have, so whether the trends are very accurate.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:51 AM

12 posts, read 28,717 times
Default National Assn of Realtors

I have an excellent PowerPoint presentation from NAR that shows Denver to be on the verge of being a very hot market in the next few months. It uses data about rentals, employment, jobs, income, and debt. Let me know if you would like it.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewey1 View Post
I have an excellent PowerPoint presentation from NAR that shows Denver to be on the verge of being a very hot market in the next few months. It uses data about rentals, employment, jobs, income, and debt. Let me know if you would like it.
yes, if you can put that up here, that would be great. as far as rentals, income, and debt go, rent is very low relative to mortgages as far as i see (maybe not as out of whack as some other places, but pretty out of whack - not to mention the flippers, out of area investors, and wealth of inventory due in part to continued aggrssive building), debt seems like an issue considering the preponderence of foreclosures e.g. (and it seems that the metro area has been a foreclosure factory and especially consumerist for a while now), and i know salaries can be relatively low (relative to CA, NY, DC, etc. for example). i am not sure whether there is a lot of hiring in the pipeline, but i know that the job market can be VERY competitive (seeing as plenty of people from outside the area throw their credentials or themselves this way to ski and see).

at the same time, it doesn't seem like denver's got the issues of FL or southern CA, e.g., in terms of deflation of values (and what's going into that in those places), and it does seem like it's still growing... it'll be interesting to see.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:46 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
....yes, if you can put that up here....
City-Data does not support .ppt attachments. Perhaps a realtor can post a link to the presentation he spoke of.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:28 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
City-Data does not support .ppt attachments. Perhaps a realtor can post a link to the presentation he spoke of.
He can zip it and post it.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:29 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
Nurses seem to make a lot more in CA than CO. I have seen people quote salries of $40/hr which is about $10 - $15/hr more than here. In other words, $20,000 -$30,000 more.yr. There's a lot you can do with that much money.

Except buy a house...

Old 11-15-2007, 04:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Well, if you make $20 - $30 K more, you can qualify for more house. Though I realize the housing situation in CA is difficult for many. But if you have a partner or spouse with an income as well, the extra $ help.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
He can zip it and post it.
or save as html, or link to it online, ...

Old 12-30-2007, 09:18 AM

don't know if this is good news or bad news for the denver metro (the "west" was the only region to show any gain, but i don't know how they're defining "west", or whether that just means the "west" is lagging the rest). from what i see, it does look like denver prices are declining (something like -5% for all homes, -15% for condos over the year).

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/071229/economy.html (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver