Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 10:36 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,090,706 times

Advertisements

MV is a cure little community with a very nice and accessable park... But it isn't know for it's mountain views... As others have pointed out you want a bit more elevation for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2018, 02:25 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,641,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italy here we come View Post
Amazing pictures of South East Aurora. Thank you for sharing.

Hello I just joined this community about an hour ago.

I’m just curious, how does the Mission Viejo area of Aurora compare with the views at Tallyn’s reach, and saddle Rock Ridge in South East Aurora?

Because I am looking for an area in the Denver area that has the best, most amazing mountain views without getting too far away from Denver?

Thank You.
Did somebody post pictures and delete them?

I have family in Tallyn's Reach and they have pretty good views of the front range. This area is not very close to Downtown Denver.

Old 01-14-2018, 03:07 PM

26,253 posts, read 49,162,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Did somebody post pictures and delete them?

I have family in Tallyn's Reach and they have pretty good views of the front range. This area is not very close to Downtown Denver.
Refers to another thread, a ten year old posting by VegasPilgrim that's in the list today.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:25 PM

6 posts, read 3,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
If you're looking for views, Saddle Rock Ridge, Tallyn's Reach and parts of the Wheatlands will generally have better sweeping views of the Front Range than Mission Viejo because they're on top of Smoky Hill Ridge at about 6000' - 6100'. Mission Viejo is about 1/4 of the way up Smoky Hill. Tallyn's has better views of Pikes Peak while Wheatlands and Saddle Rock will get you the Mummy Range in Rocky Mountain National Park south to the Mount Evans massif depending on where you are.
Thank you for heads up and insight. The only other time I lived in Colorado was about 15 years ago and I was living in Castle Rock, for program I was promoting in Colorado Springs. This time the program will be in Denver as well most of my meetings which will be probably within a 40 mile radius or so from it.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Refers to another thread, a ten year old posting by VegasPilgrim that's in the list today.
Thank you.

I am hearing and seeing that the views from the communities of TR, & SRR are some of the best closest to Denver. Yes I understand that it’s not very close to Denver. I think and feel that it work though being based in South East Aurora.

Pictures were on a different thread that I read I forget which one it was I also posted a question in that thread though. Pictures are amazing. The poster who took the pictures and share them took those other pictures that I am referencing during the winter season where you can see the beautiful snowcapped and filled mountains. That same person also took pictures A different season I think it might have been summertime. He shared a link from what I believe was his Flickr account. I am not quite sure yet exactly how posting works on this community. Learning the process now.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by history nerd View Post
MV is a cure little community with a very nice and accessable park... But it isn't know for it's mountain views... As others have pointed out you want a bit more elevation for that.
Got it. Thank you.

I left orange county California almost a year ago and Mission Viejo what is the next city over because of this I invested quite a bit of time in Mission Viejo for business and pleasure. I have seen the Mission Viejo city signs many times while traveling back and forth to and from Mission Viejo in OC, in Southern California It would have been great, cool to experience MV, possibly even live there in Colorado but the views are very important to me since I will be there for a little more than three months and it will be added inspiration while being in Colorado.

Old 01-14-2018, 05:50 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,798,038 times
Mission Viejo, Aurora, Colorado is a one-block community, not a city or anything like it. Just to be clear...

Each of the major blocks here (bounded by the major streets, just under a half-mile or so square) was a named development. Some are still formally designated and covenant (HOA) communities; others, like mine, are just a developer's name and without real meaning or import.

Old 01-14-2018, 08:01 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,992,655 times
Quote:
Thank you.

I am hearing and seeing that the views from the communities of TR, & SRR are some of the best closest to Denver. Yes I understand that it’s not very close to Denver. I think and feel that it work though being based in South East Aurora.
I have mountain views in Arvada, and am only 15 minutes from downtown.

Old 01-14-2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I have mountain views in Arvada, and am only 15 minutes from downtown.
Wonderful.

I’m just curious, how do they compare to the mountain and views that are in South East Aurora? Because this is the first I am hearing or seeing that they’re mountain views in your city. I know that you can basically see mountain views from most places in the Denver Metro area. Where are the most magnificent Mountain View cities not too far away from Denver?

Thank you.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:26 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,992,655 times
Quote:
Wonderful.

I’m just curious, how do they compare to the mountain and views that are in South East Aurora? Because this is the first I am hearing or seeing that they’re mountain views in your city. I know that you can basically see mountain views from most places in the Denver Metro area. Where are the most magnificent Mountain View cities not too far away from Denver?

Thank you.
In SE Aurora (I used to work down there), on particular roads and from homes on particular residential streets, the view can be a full view of the mountains, meaning you can see many miles of length of the Front Range in one visual. However, keep in mind that the views tend to be for the most exclusive, as there are many tracts down there were you can't see out of the houses, but you will see them when you drive around the neighborhood.

Where I live in Arvada, out my living room window, I can see a narrow range from Mount Evans to Centralia Mountain. If I go down to my curb, I can see Pikes Peak. If I go to the NW part of my house, I have an unobstructed view of Longs Peak. If I go to the SW side, I see Lookout Mountain, I-70 coming out of the mountains, and the rest of the foothills of Jeffco, along with views of the urbanity (Arvada, Wheat Ridge, Lakewood) below. Some of this is obstructed by trees on the local street, but the view is still nice nonetheless.

I live in what they call "Lamar Heights" or "Britton Park", mostly 60's/70's ranches, with some 2-stories/bi-levels/tri-levels. There's a few pre-WWII homes over here as well. Some with views, some without, depends if you're on a hill or not.

Another neighborhood over here with GREAT views, is Scenic Heights, which is just north and west of Arvada High School, and many of those views are unobstructed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver