Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 05:38 PM

1,331 posts, read 5,083,746 times

Advertisements

Okay, here it goes........ I grew up in Northwest Denver....don't like it but, apparently everyone else is going there.

LOVE Canon City.....my personal favorite!

LOVE Evergreen.

LOVE Breckenridge.

LOVE Georgetown.

LOVE Southwest Aurora.

AND..........OURAY is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Don't want to live there unless I am a Gazillionaire!!HA!! VAIL TOO!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 05:53 PM

719 posts, read 2,618,438 times
With so many to choose from, I would say Sameville. There are several strip malls that just opened replete with Super Wallmarts, Super Targets, Starbucks Coffee just about caddy corner at every major intersection, TGI Fridays-geez, and just about every other fried food shack franchise you could imagine, not to mention a brand new Del Webb community with a Trent Jones golf course! Its completely car friendly, too.
What really sets Sameville apart from the other Denver burbs, though, is that it lies above an enormous aquifer that'll supply it with enough water for 10 years! After that, they ought to be finished getting that pipeline completed from the western slope, by gawd, because everyone knows the most influencial and progressive folk reside in places like this, and we're entitled to their water!

Old 12-02-2008, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,250 times
Love it here in Broomfield, just off 36 and the Flatiron Crossing Mall (pretty much the Superior area). We have views of both Denver and the Mountains. The B line is a quick, easy way to downtown and Boulder is a very short drive away.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:50 AM

269 posts, read 1,267,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecombem View Post
Love it here in Broomfield, just off 36 and the Flatiron Crossing Mall (pretty much the Superior area). We have views of both Denver and the Mountains. The B line is a quick, easy way to downtown and Boulder is a very short drive away.
Same here!
Easy access to both Denver & Boulder. A lot of open space, easy access to Boulder's, Arvada's & Westminster's open spaces & parks. I live just off off CO 128 and I love the views!

Old 12-03-2008, 01:34 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,054,634 times
Ken Caryl Valley

Old 12-06-2008, 07:34 PM

2 posts, read 5,067 times
I have lived in Thornton almost my entire life and it is not nearly as bad is everyone is saying it is. There are older parts of Thornton that aren't as nice, but there are really nice areas too. As for trailer parks, there are a few I can think of but most of them aren't really dangerous. I don't think there is gang problem in Thornton, and if there is, then I have never really had to deal with it. Multi million dollar homes are pretty common in north Thornton and its a pretty nice place to live. There are places around Denver that I would rather live in, like centennial, englewood, lone tree..., but Thornton isn't that bad.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
Steve: That's crazy!!! Do you know anything about it, i.e. names or affiliation? I'd love to read up about it.
To answer your question Steve. Yes there is a lot of gang activity in Thornton. Here's a couple names NVK and Sureno 13. And that's just 2. No problem with the NVK. But the Sureno's seem to be trying to take over the neighborhood.My children have had numerous encounters with them. And not because they had on a certain color or looked at them the wrong way. Because they were walking. I guess they think this is their territory. These kids and men have pulled knives and tried to jump them. My children are not the only ones. There doing it to any kid. They don't want to fight one on one there out to hurt these kids. Not sure of your whereabouts but I think you should know some of the facts. You might want to drive around and take a look at the fence's, store walls and bus stops. It's really no secret what goe's on up here.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:22 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,970,319 times
My favorite area outside of the surrounding downtown neighborhoods is Stapleton. (Did the Stapleton Airport used to count as the Denver suburbs?)

But in case there's some technical reason some won't count Stapleton as a suburb, then I really like the southeast Aurora area within a couple miles of Southlands for overall suburb, and for a neighborhood specifically, I really like Reunion just west of DIA. If Reunion got a town center similar to Southlands within a mile of it, (and better bike trail access into Denver) then I'd like that area better than southeast Aurora.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:50 AM

664 posts, read 2,066,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Sure, Broomfield is a Denver suburb. It's not really that far from Broomfield to downtown Denver. Per MapQuest, from the Broomfield Public Library to my old office in downtown Denver, 18 miles. That is probably closer than any Highlands Ranch location.
For downtown arbitrarily choosing 1800 Broadway (most everywhere in downtown about 1 mile from there or so). Closest Highlands Ranch location from there is County Line & Broadway - 12.4 miles to downtown. Further you can get from downtown and still be in Highlands Ranch is perhaps where Quebec & McArthur ranch meet. That is 16.2 miles. That said, Broomfield is definitely a Denver suburb.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:53 AM

664 posts, read 2,066,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
My favorite area outside of the surrounding downtown neighborhoods is Stapleton. (Did the Stapleton Airport used to count as the Denver suburbs?)

But in case there's some technical reason some won't count Stapleton as a suburb, then I really like the southeast Aurora area within a couple miles of Southlands for overall suburb, and for a neighborhood specifically, I really like Reunion just west of DIA. If Reunion got a town center similar to Southlands within a mile of it, (and better bike trail access into Denver) then I'd like that area better than southeast Aurora.
Stapleton isn't considered a suburb because it's in the city of Denver. Same with Green Valley Ranch even though it's way, way out there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver