Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2017, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,321 times

Advertisements

How much do you remember about the bands that played at the Draught House?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 03:30 PM

3 posts, read 3,819 times
Sorry, I don't remember bands that played at the Draught House. I do remember listening to the "Astronauts" at the fun bar called Tologes in Boulder. That's pronounced Toe-Log-ees. littleton my girlfriend and I used to dance at "The Cave" to a band called the "Grenedines". The "Astronauts"also played at the "Galaxy" club over in west Denver or Lakewood.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:20 PM

7,516 posts, read 13,621,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merleman19641946 View Post
Sorry, I don't remember bands that played at the Draught House. I do remember listening to the "Astronauts" at the fun bar called Tologes in Boulder. That's pronounced Toe-Log-ees. littleton my girlfriend and I used to dance at "The Cave" to a band called the "Grenedines". The "Astronauts"also played at the "Galaxy" club over in west Denver or Lakewood.

Tulagi's

Throw Back Thursday: Tulagi's

Old 10-09-2017, 02:02 AM

4 posts, read 8,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Winiarz View Post
Anyone remember a Hamburger Joint called JRs off S Gaylord St By South High, Wash Park back in the 60s?
HA!! JRs was referred to as "JR's dropout shop"

I ditched school at South often for three years in the late '60s and hung out at JRs. "JR's" stood for "John Rodden" who owned and ran it. I used to date his daughter JoAnne. (not sure about her name spelling ... she was cute)

Around '66 / '67 it became a good place to score weed as well. JR's is a big part of my youth history.

Old 10-09-2017, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedSpirit View Post
I went to many a concert at the Coliseum:

Rolling Stones (with Stevie Wonder)
Alice Cooper
REO Speedwagon
Jethro Tull
Elton John
Johnny Winter
Deep Purple
Foghat

Then they built McNichols:

Black Sabbath (opening act was Van Halen)
INXS
The Cure

And of course Red Rocks:

Bette Midler (when Barry Manilow was her piano player)
Jackson Brown
Jerry Jeff Walker
Yes
I'm sure there's more, but I am old now and don't remember so good sometimes...
My band PLAYED at Red Rocks in July '75. We opened for Stephen Stills ... the first band to play there since the Jethro Tull riot in '71. Rick Roberts (Firefall) was touring with Stills at the time, and he brought the house down when he sang "Colorado." Good times.

Old 10-09-2017, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl C View Post
We saw Tommy Bolin at Ebbets Field. They served drinks but would let you in even if you were under age like we were. I taped a bottle around my ankle and had a plastic tube going up my bell bottom jeans and up my shirts. How stupid is that, but it was fun and Tommy Bolin was fantastic. There is a boot leg copy of that concert floating around on the internet...Also saw Les MCann, Return to forever,Mahavishnu Orchestra and a lot of other underground jazz of the day at Ebbets.
Ebbett's Field was maybe one of the best clubs in the US. Small, tight-sounding, and Chuck Morris (with Barry's help) brought in the best bands ever. I saw so many shows there I couldn't name them all. From the Outlaws and Lynyrd Skynyrd to class acts like Danny O'keefe, Doc Watson, Leo Kottke ... even Cheech & Chong. The list goes on. I saw Les McCann, and then a couple nights later, I played there. The bass player left his red leather shoes in the dressing room, and they were so cool I took them and wore them a few times when I played, even though they were a size too small.

The weird things I remember. What a great club!

Old 10-09-2017, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl C View Post
i played in bands from the late 60s through the 80's all over Denver. All this really brings back memories. I was 12 or 13 and played at Aloha Beach on federal. I was in a band with the Olivas brothers (Kenny and Gary). The Band called Mighty Joe Young, let us sit in. From that point on i was hooked. As kids we played at Annuciation and the G.A.O. by i70 and Pecos. After high school at the The Lost Knight, Bunnys lounge, the italian stallion, the Chariot, Mitches supper club, The Purple Turtle, Cindys inn,and 20 more i can't remember the names of. Probably played in 20 different bands over the years covering all styles of music. What was the night club across the street from the old mile hi stadium..Damn those were good times. I never did anything huge and always watched for the guys i used work with and never saw there names . My drum teacher wound up playing with Sugarloaf and a band called Beast. After Beast broke up i worked for a while with their lead singer. Used to cruise the Scotchman looking for girls. And then the North Drive in, Northwest drive in. All the old stores like woolworths and woolco. Now i am just rambling on but those were great times. Thanks for the memories...Karl

Your drum teacher (Beast and Sugarloaf) was the late / great Larry Ferris. (in photo .. on the far right) https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rloaf_1974.JPG

He was a good friend of mine and a terrific drummer. Bassist Kenny Passareli (Beast / Joe Walsh/Barnstorm / Elton John / Hall & Oates

recently told me he thought Larry had passed away (suicide) though I cannot confirm this.

RIP Larry Ferris .. you were a great drummer and a good friend.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:29 PM

2 posts, read 4,115 times
How about TRUX! A guy named Russ Coletti went on to LA and did a video in 1984 with Morgan Fairchild. Was on VH1 for a while. Heard he ended up being an artist, (painter), and sold all over the world.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:36 PM

2 posts, read 4,115 times
Default How about the band TRUX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrae1970 View Post
Does anyone remember the old skating rink on west alameda and about pierce? I used to go there in the early 70s. Or the L&M Steakhouse just a few blocks east of there? How about the Copper Kitchen restaurant that's now Rockleys music? I also remember the YumYum Tree,Kings food host (those cheese frenchies)YUM! The Denver Drumbstick on w.colfax. Remember the yellow gravy?And the miniature train that went around the top of the restaurant.Shakey's Pizza Parlour,The Scotchman's cinnamon cokes(YIKES!) Mr Luckys,Score minus two, The Dove(a disco place) they had 1 of those big glittery balls hanging from the ceiling. Swenson's ice cream parlour,oh! and does anyone remember Loves BBQ that used 2 be on w colfax and about oak st.? And of course Rocky built burgers.I remember having to use tons of napkins eating one of those!! WOW were they great!!

How about the band TRUX?

Old 10-20-2017, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,047 times
Exclamation Manager of Red Barn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alslimo View Post
I was a cab driver in the 70's. I picked up three teenage boys at a house near the Red Barn resturant at 4501 Harlan near Lakeside shopping. They had gone on a "speed" induced crime spree. They had shot and mortally wounded the night manager at the Red Barn and stuffed him in the cooler to die. Turns out they had gone to school with him. A fast thinking offduty Jeffco Sheriff deputy saved my life.
That manager was a very good friend of mine, Dennis Miller. I was devastated when I heard what happened. Even more so when I heard they were not tried as adults, and got nothing more than a slap on the wrist. I also dated his sister, Denise. I heard they made there get away in your cab also. What happened? I never got the entire story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver