Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2012, 11:11 PM

549 posts, read 1,559,717 times

Advertisements

I wonder if the Denver one will open before Boulder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 06:34 PM

91 posts, read 178,127 times
Default Trader Joe's Baby ......

Hopefully this is news, couldn't find it posted anywhere else ........

Trader Joe's store #300 is currently out for bid, so hopefully in the very near future construction will begin.

If memory serves the new site is 6th Street and Colorado.

I sure hope they put in a BIG parking lot

Old 01-05-2013, 07:51 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times
Default Your memory is weak

"An official from the trendy Monrovia, Calif.-based grocer appeared before Denver’s Department of Excise and Licenses Friday morning to urge the city to grant a retail liquor store license to its new store at 790 Colorado Blvd."
Trader Joe's coming to Colorado Boulevard gets closer to liquor license - Denver Business Journal

Old 01-05-2013, 09:51 PM

95 posts, read 186,918 times
That is not a walkable part of town. Denver is one of the most walkable cities in the country, and Trader Joe's is catered for the quick in-and-out young professional and college student.

That is a stupid place to put Denver's first Trader Joes.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:24 PM

21 posts, read 38,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurDaly View Post
Hopefully this is news, couldn't find it posted anywhere else ........

Trader Joe's store #300 is currently out for bid, so hopefully in the very near future construction will begin.

If memory serves the new site is 6th Street and Colorado.

I sure hope they put in a BIG parking lot
They better put in a parking lot! I used to work on Colorado, right around that location, and the lack of good parking kills business. Worse, it's on the same side as the the hospitals, making it a further walk from the side street parking off of 6th.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:49 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,888,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmsequal View Post
That is not a walkable part of town. Denver is one of the most walkable cities in the country, and Trader Joe's is catered for the quick in-and-out young professional and college student.

That is a stupid place to put Denver's first Trader Joes.
They are thinking its a regional type store since no others are out there yet, so designing it and then placing it where its mostly for the neighborhood doesn't make sense. I can see the logic though, its next to their type of demographic, but also not terribly difficult to drive to for anyone 20 miles away. The parking will be a real killer though, I suspect location #3 is planned for a very driver friendly place like Broomfield or Park Meadows area. The neighborhood draw with walk-in customers is probably at least 5 stores off if they ever get there.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:05 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,125,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
"An official from the trendy Monrovia, Calif.-based grocer appeared before Denver’s Department of Excise and Licenses Friday morning to urge the city to grant a retail liquor store license to its new store at 790 Colorado Blvd."
Trader Joe's coming to Colorado Boulevard gets closer to liquor license - Denver Business Journal

HA HA HA HA HA HA.....

They're putting the store on the vacant lot at 8th and Colorado? Good Luck.

I went to my trusty Google Earth to see the location, and I measured a lot that is 300 ft by 125 ft (37,500 sq ft.). If the store is 18,000 sq. ft, that leaves about an 18,000 sq. ft parking lot, which, with careful planning might be big enough for about 40 cars (including handicapped parking). There is a building next to it with some possible extra parking, but if they are putting it entirely on the empty lot, it won't work.

The location will never handle the crush of visitors. If I were them I would have waited and used my liquor license on a larger location.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:58 PM

95 posts, read 186,918 times
They should put one on Colfax. There are dozens of Laundromats and other low-income stores that would have cashed out/sold out in a heartbeat. And then that would also improve the area.

The best way to put up a grocery store though is to put in in the bottom of a new condo build. I'm not sure whether Trader Joe's is smart enough to be doing that.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:35 PM

461 posts, read 546,611 times
Denver is one of the most walkable cities in the country. Ridiculous. Outside of the tiny little downtown area where I work, Denver looks like complete suburbia. My coworkers who live in Denver take longer to get to work than I do from Broomfield, and they all drive. I looked at Denver when I first came out here, and nothing appealed to me. I'm from a real city, and walkable is NY, Boston, Philly, Chicago, DC, SF.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:07 PM

86 posts, read 126,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
HA HA HA HA HA HA.....

They're putting the store on the vacant lot at 8th and Colorado? Good Luck.

I went to my trusty Google Earth to see the location, and I measured a lot that is 300 ft by 125 ft (37,500 sq ft.). If the store is 18,000 sq. ft, that leaves about an 18,000 sq. ft parking lot, which, with careful planning might be big enough for about 40 cars (including handicapped parking). There is a building next to it with some possible extra parking, but if they are putting it entirely on the empty lot, it won't work.

The location will never handle the crush of visitors. If I were them I would have waited and used my liquor license on a larger location.
Will it be accessible by mass transit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver