Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 08:54 PM

279 posts, read 1,014,035 times

Advertisements

Do you like it there?? Been planning on a trip up there for spring break.
Hows the weather? Do you have a lot of tornadoes.
Also..The skyline is beautiful! haha. And the cost of living?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 09:16 AM

49 posts, read 157,497 times
You are on the city-data website after all, most of your questions could be answered here.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Denver-Colorado.html

Old 01-02-2009, 12:47 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,425,536 times
I do. I have lived here since April 1989. Before that Sunnyvale CA & Washington DC.
Today's it's very nice. Almost 60, sunny. Tomorrow? Who knows? March or April, plan on some snow.
No tornadoes. Not likely in March or April.
The skyline is nice, and changing.

There is a cost to living. How much depends on what you spend money on and where you are from.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennarbor View Post
You are on the city-data website after all, most of your questions could be answered here.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Denver-Colorado.html

I know but id rather hear from people.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:19 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,195 times
the folks from Denver cannot focus on that question right now, the end of the world is near. Mike Shanahan was fired. You would think the town ran out of drinking water or somthing.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:38 PM

687 posts, read 2,950,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
the folks from Denver cannot focus on that question right now, the end of the world is near. Mike Shanahan was fired. You would think the town ran out of drinking water or somthing.
Wrong. Denver died when Elway retired. And Plummer? geez, that bozo in a bronco uniform was so wrong as to not ever be right. Kinda like making Clinton Pope.

oh, and to the op.....nope. everchanging. some. higher than when I lived there.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:10 PM

Huh? Im confused..

Old 01-02-2009, 03:07 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,195 times
Here are the facts. You need to study your bronco history, or you wont fit in. Everything in that state revolves around the denver broncos.

Go to American Furniture wharehouse to get your furniture, get a bronco sticker for your car. Buy a snow shovel and you will be fine.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:16 PM

687 posts, read 2,950,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Here are the facts. You need to study your bronco history, or you wont fit in. Everything in that state revolves around the denver broncos.

Go to American Furniture wharehouse to get your furniture, get a bronco sticker for your car. Buy a snow shovel and you will be fine.
Damn right! Not being a Bronco fan is like rooting for Kstate in Oklahoma.

Alright, just my 2cents....lived in Denver 23 years, moved away in 86. I visit this thread to remininsce or however it's spelled.
I didn't like Colorado because.....
Denver weather is so unpredictable, seasons don't mean didly.
Wanted warmer weather, less winter.
The city is fine. No problems with that.
Mountains....used to be great when you could drive 15-20 minutes past Evergreen and have some seclusion. Now I hear it's more like 2-3 hours and you might find a rock without a person on it.
Tornados...little jokers compared to Oklahoma ones. I saw a few in the air way out eastern Aurora. No biggie. Colorado doesn't have cellars or tornado sirens.
Colorado is beautiful. Denver is a big city now. The mountains are captivating, but costly to live in. The weather is what it is, this is the Rocky Mountains, not the Mild Hills.
Sometimes I miss Denver. a little. not much. ok, I don't. but that doesn't mean it's bad there, just me.
And btw....John Elway....greatest quarterback in NFL history. Bar none. To he ll with statistics. Denver is a Bronco town. I remember Monday morning commutes....great when they win, horrible when they lost.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:10 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,928,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drb85650 View Post
Colorado doesn't have cellars or tornado sirens....
I remember Monday morning commutes....great when they win, horrible when they lost.
Most homes have basements. Here in Aurora, we have tornado sirens.

I've heard about the Monday morning commute thing too, but have yet to notice a difference, one way or the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver