Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Colorado similar to California, full of self-centered jerks, Orange County stereotypes, rude people everywhere, Rocky Mountain west rich in history, characterized big small towns

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 01:25 PM

6 posts, read 22,835 times

Advertisements

You want escape from California? Definitly come check out Colorado. My parents both grew up all across central/northern CA and after moving to Fort Collins, CO 30 years ago, have sworn they will never leave. Denver's great, but definitly look into the Front Range. Longmont, Loveland and Fort Collins are great places to live with affordable homes and lots of recreational opportunities. Just be careful mentioning your from CA, we natives will rant about you stealing our land and driving in snow!

Old 05-10-2007, 01:31 PM

353 posts, read 504,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado_native View Post
You want escape from California? Definitly come check out Colorado. My parents both grew up all across central/northern CA and after moving to Fort Collins, CO 30 years ago, have sworn they will never leave. Denver's great, but definitly look into the Front Range. Longmont, Loveland and Fort Collins are great places to live with affordable homes and lots of recreational opportunities. Just be careful mentioning your from CA, we natives will rant about you stealing our land and driving in snow!
Escape_California, that makes two natives who have vigorously encouraged you to come out here--that's an offer Californians don't get too often in Colorado. I'd take it up if I were you.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:37 PM

59 posts, read 428,796 times
<<In Orange County it's a morally and fiscally conservative bubble in a blue state.>>

There was that whole Orange County declaring bankruptcy thing in 1994. Just sayin'.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcountystooge View Post
<<In Orange County it's a morally and fiscally conservative bubble in a blue state.>>

There was that whole Orange County declaring bankruptcy thing in 1994. Just sayin'.
Friend, you know more than me.

Maybe the OC doesn't practice what they preach--but at least they're preachin' it. It's a lot more than you get from a lot of other California towns.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:27 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,455,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawlings View Post
Escape_California, that makes two natives who have vigorously encouraged you to come out here--that's an offer Californians don't get too often in Colorado. I'd take it up if I were you.
Definitely. I'll be there next weekend for a quick look around, the again in July for almost a week. I can't wait.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Definitely. I'll be there next weekend for a quick look around, the again in July for almost a week. I can't wait.
There's another person on the forum whose moving this weekend to the Springs from the OC. Apparently there's a big community of you guys in this state. I wonder if CO is the top choice for Orange County folks when they relocate...

Like I said before, a lot of Californians endure a bit of culture shock coming here. Not so for my orange county friends. They have more culture shock going to Santa Monica than they do coming here.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:45 PM

Quote:
There's another person on the forum whose moving this weekend to the Springs from the OC. Apparently there's a big community of you guys in this state. I wonder if CO is the top choice for Orange County folks when they relocate...

Like I said before, a lot of Californians endure a bit of culture shock coming here. Not so for my orange county friends. They have more culture shock going to Santa Monica than they do coming here.
If they're at all moderate to conservative, they're probably looking for a new city that conservative or at least not as flaming liberal as most of California. I think a lot leads on where to move spreads by word of mouth. A customer of mine (big Republican) who moved from OC to Denver suggested I check it out.

The People's Republic of Santa Monica is just about the last place outside of San Francisco I'd move to.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
If they're at all moderate to conservative, they're probably looking for a new city that conservative or at least not as flaming liberal as most of California. I think a lot leads on where to move spreads by word of mouth. A customer of mine (big Republican) who moved from OC to Denver suggested I check it out.

The People's Republic of Santa Monica is just about the last place outside of San Francisco I'd move to.
Well, let me be the first to extend a friendly Coloradan hand of welcome. Heck, the politics are more suitable for you--but that withstanding--it's just a better place to live. The affordability and clean living alone is enough to attract folks of all political stripes--but it does seem that conservative Californians are particularly attracted to Colorado. I guess that pretty much demolishes that stupid stereotype of all Californians as a bunch of granola-crunching peaceniks. That stereotype has always bothered me because, in truth, I have not met a single Californian that fits it. I think they're all back in California marinating while the normal folks are heading to CO, Texas, Arizona, and other more liveable states.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Well, let me be the first to extend a friendly Coloradan hand of welcome. Heck, the politics are more suitable for you--but that withstanding--it's just a better place to live. The affordability and clean living alone is enough to attract folks of all political stripes--but it does seem that conservative Californians are particularly attracted to Colorado. I guess that pretty much demolishes that stupid stereotype of all Californians as a bunch of granola-crunching peaceniks. That stereotype has always bothered me because, in truth, I have not met a single Californian that fits it. I think they're all back in California marinating while the normal folks are heading to CO, Texas, Arizona, and other more liveable states.

Thanks. And the more liberal Californians are probably too busy looking down on people in the middle of the country to ever imagine living with them.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Thanks. And the more liberal Californians are probably too busy looking down on people in the middle of the country to ever imagine living with them.
Well said. And, by the way, here's a link you can check out with pics of Colorado Springs...

We're on our way to Springs!

A lot like Denver. Just smaller and the mountains are a little more dramatic in the Springs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver