Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 09:45 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,332,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
nah, i was always "judgey" about the overweight. although i never actively fat-shamed anyone unless they wanted to be a douche. i was just in a drunken/thc induced haze in college most of the time and i didn't notice the weight i was gaining until i woke up one morning in looked in a mirror after i noticed my size 38 jeans getting tighter after putting them on. i wasn't extremely fat but when i stepped on the scale and i was over 200 i had an epiphany. i am only 5'10''. so i thought, maybe i should stop treating my body like a landfill for junk food, cheap malt liquor, and bottom shelf whiskey & cokes.
100% of the time, people who are "judgey" are really trying to prove something to themselves. Hope you figure that out someday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 10:25 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,210,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
100% of the time, people who are "judgey" are really trying to prove something to themselves. Hope you figure that out someday.
aren't we all though????

vague book much?

Old 09-18-2015, 11:28 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
You should apply this to yourself. You show much judgement in other parts of the forum.

Hopefully you'll figure that out someday.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:29 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times
To each their own but for me being fat/overweight is not my style and I would never tolerate it for myself.

Old 09-19-2015, 01:45 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,332,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
You should apply this to yourself. You show much judgement in other parts of the forum.

Hopefully you'll figure that out someday.
You are right. I do. I get very judgmental against people who show up on this forum to laugh at, belittle or make fun of people who struggle with weight. I am also judgmental against those who try to diminish a person's struggles with food addiction by telling them that they'd be thin if they just "wanted it enough", and that weight loss is easy because "all you have to do is eat less". In other words, fat people are just lazy slobs who don't care about their health or their looks. Disgusting, I think is the word used in the title of this thread.

Yes, I am very judgmental against those attitudes. There's not a whole lot to have to figure out about that one.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:08 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,246,324 times
OP have you ever seen My 600lb Life?

Its about those Disgustingly Fat people you describe.

Almost always you'll find a background of abuse, but I digress -

Those exact same people who Let Themselves Get Disgustingly Fat also put themselves through Sheer Hell to try to lose it.

Whatever untreated mental illness caused them to become an eating machine, remains undealt with, usually.

From out of nowhere these obese individuals muster up the courage to not only leave their homes, but also to be examined, discussed, tested and suffer actual pain in an effort to lose the weight.

Would you call these people brave? Because I do.

No one wants to eat themselves to death and its not a character flaw if they do - usually just a sign of emotional pain that remains unattended.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:35 PM

11 posts, read 12,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
OP have you ever seen My 600lb Life?

Its about those Disgustingly Fat people you describe.

Almost always you'll find a background of abuse, but I digress -

Those exact same people who Let Themselves Get Disgustingly Fat also put themselves through Sheer Hell to try to lose it.

Whatever untreated mental illness caused them to become an eating machine, remains undealt with, usually.

From out of nowhere these obese individuals muster up the courage to not only leave their homes, but also to be examined, discussed, tested and suffer actual pain in an effort to lose the weight.

Would you call these people brave? Because I do.

No one wants to eat themselves to death and its not a character flaw if they do - usually just a sign of emotional pain that remains unattended.
Congratulations. You chose not to EAT YOURSELF TO DEATH. Good gawd. What a bar to set for ourselves lol

Old 01-08-2016, 03:43 PM

11 posts, read 12,854 times
This show is on again. OH GOWDD. Why do we give these people attention?!?

Old 01-08-2016, 03:56 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,358,419 times
I find myself mesmerized by My 600 Pound Life and am thankful that I have the self control to not do that to myself. However, I always wonder what causes people to eat themselves almost to death. What really scares me is that their bodies are so misshapen from so much fat--I cannot stop looking.

As a former high school teacher, I would see students enter 9th grade looking like normal kids, and by the time some of them get to 12th grade, they are huge. I cannot believe that all of it is mental illness. I personally think that the additives in foods today have something to do with it, since when I eat snacks that I do not personally prepare, which is rare, I always want to eat more. Imagine a diet of nothing but packaged food.

Just as annoying to me are the enablers. No one in my home would ever be given that garbage; and I certainly would not be carrying food to a bedroom or sending it up on one of those chair lifts that they showed on Wednesday where the plate had three donuts on it.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:25 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,562,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
I find myself mesmerized by My 600 Pound Life and am thankful that I have the self control to not do that to myself. However, I always wonder what causes people to eat themselves almost to death. What really scares me is that their bodies are so misshapen from so much fat--I cannot stop looking.

As a former high school teacher, I would see students enter 9th grade looking like normal kids, and by the time some of them get to 12th grade, they are huge. I cannot believe that all of it is mental illness. I personally think that the additives in foods today have something to do with it, since when I eat snacks that I do not personally prepare, which is rare, I always want to eat more. Imagine a diet of nothing but packaged food.

Just as annoying to me are the enablers. No one in my home would ever be given that garbage; and I certainly would not be carrying food to a bedroom or sending it up on one of those chair lifts that they showed on Wednesday where the plate had three donuts on it.
Yeah, I think the enablers are "sick" too. They just want to make their enablees "happy." It is like they don't realize they are hugely contributing to the problem. Perhaps they're at a loss of what to do. Excuse all the puns!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss