Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2015, 05:49 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,393,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
to be honest, OP, i have no idea. and for the fat acceptance advocates who are like "omfg why so judgmental?", give me a break. it is straight up disgusting AND sad. those are the same people who are so fat that they need a motorized cart to get around at the supermarket. and then they are rude to the skinny, poor, hard-working associate because they just happened to not replace the buffalo wings or fried chicken in time for them. god forbid they should go a half hour or more without eating. 80% of all my bad customers were all fat/overweight.

33,000 calories a day? nobody needs that much. put down the fork and pick up the gym membership. this is why the USA is the laughing stock of the world. but no, everyone preaches tolerance and acceptance and turns us all into ******* because this country is the racial melting pot, so people just happened to pencil in the fatties too. it doesn't matter if you have an addictive personality or not. people had addictive personalities long before this obesity epidemic, so don't even try to play that card because it's all bull****.

and you know what, OP? kudos to you for having the balls to bring attention to this issue in a direct way
It must be tiring to carry around all that hate towards other people. I hope you can let go of that one day, although it is your prerogative to burden yourself in that way. Just as an obese person has chosen to burden themselves with the extra weight. Both are hard to overcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 09:07 PM

11 posts, read 12,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
It must be tiring to carry around all that hate towards other people. I hope you can let go of that one day, although it is your prerogative to burden yourself in that way. Just as an obese person has chosen to burden themselves with the extra weight. Both are hard to overcome.
But you have to admit, it does make sense not to get so fat

Old 09-11-2015, 11:11 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,331,964 times
Quote:
I don't know.

How do some people become such huge judgemental beings that they get satisfaction from pointing out others flaws?

Life is too short for me to worry about what someone else weighs.
Exactly on point. I always wonder what kind of spiritual vacancy leaves people needing to put others down just to get through the day. Brings to mind a t-shirt I saw once: "I may be fat, but you're ugly and I can diet."

Old 09-12-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulMom View Post
People don't want to be fat. Some choose to be for a wide variety of reasons.

Most people don't want to fill their lives with hate, but some actively choose that too. Possibly to mask some hurt or to compensate for something. It's usually for a reason, just as a severely obese person has a reason. It might be physical or psychological. Who knows?

People don't want to be seriously flawed for the most part, but most people are very flawed.some flaws show on the outside and some only show through actions as they are hidden inside the person.

When people hold hatred close to their hearts, I doubt they can resolve the issue easily: just as weight is a hard issue to deal with.

Last edited by Meyerland; 09-12-2015 at 11:08 AM..

Old 09-12-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
To be honest, the world doesn't make much sense to me. I don't understand a lot of choices people make. That doesn't make me hate them, unless they are hurting others. I don't find obesity something that hurts me or most people. The only time I have been upset at obesity is when it's a very young child, because it's not their fault because they can't buy/get food on their own. Those parents need help, not hatred or scorn though.

Old 09-12-2015, 12:51 PM

11 posts, read 12,851 times
Quote:
To be honest, the world doesn't make much sense to me. I don't understand a lot of choices people make. That doesn't make me hate them, unless they are hurting others. I don't find obesity something that hurts me or most people. The only time I have been upset at obesity is when it's a very young child, because it's not their fault because they can't buy/get food on their own. Those parents need help, not hatred or scorn though.
Its hard not to laugh a little tho you know

Like when someone has let herself get sooo awkwardly fat, its like come on!!! Hahaha

Old 09-12-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:

Like when someone has let herself get sooo awkwardly fat, its like come on!!! Hahaha
When someone laughs at someone else's appearance, I feel bad for that person laughing. How messed up must their life be that they get pleasure from someone else's problems?

The fat person knows they are fat. Their flaws are possibly permanently on display for the world to see. Some people just hide their flaws inside, but they leak out through their words and actions. People may lack empathy, sympathy, kindness, maturity, etc.... By laughing, you are showing the world your flaws.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:15 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
What on earth does sense have to do with it? People get fat for different reasons, but if we made all our life choices based on sense and logic, the world would be an entirely different place.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:05 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
I am overweight because I hate exercise and I like food!
If you don't like the way I look, don't look at me. Just stay away from me and leave me alone. My life is none of your business. Yes, I am going to die. So will you!
I laugh every time I read a news article about a buff, tight, muscular person, male or female, that suddenly collapses and is dead within seconds, often at a relatively young age. Yeah, their "healthy lifestyle" and cardio workouts really did them a lot of good, right?
IMO, it is more important to enjoy our time on this earth than it is to be healthy. Part of my enjoyment is good food and a fairly sedentary lifestyle!
Go away and leave me alone!

Old 09-13-2015, 11:56 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:

No, it's not hard to refrain from laughing at another person's flaws. It is called empathy and respecting others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss