Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2015, 04:51 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,048,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I am overweight because I hate exercise and I like food!
If you don't like the way I look, don't look at me. Just stay away from me and leave me alone. My life is none of your business. Yes, I am going to die. So will you!
I laugh every time I read a news article about a buff, tight, muscular person, male or female, that suddenly collapses and is dead within seconds, often at a relatively young age. Yeah, their "healthy lifestyle" and cardio workouts really did them a lot of good, right?
IMO, it is more important to enjoy our time on this earth than it is to be healthy. Part of my enjoyment is good food and a fairly sedentary lifestyle!
Go away and leave me alone!
This is an excellent posting and I agree with Redraven 100%.

Sure, people could state all sorts of medical facts about how weight may affect our general health; and people could criticize others for the way they look, the way they talk, the way their walk, the way they dress and wear their hair, their life choice preferences, etc., etc.

Before I, and anyone opens their mouth and inserts foot, it's best to think about what we say. Hurt feelings leave scars.

What is right, is what's right for each individual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 05:31 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulMom View Post
Its hard not to laugh a little tho you know

Like when someone has let herself get sooo awkwardly fat, its like come on!!! Hahaha
Quote:
If you don't like the way I look, don't look at me. Just stay away from me and leave me alone. My life is none of your business. Yes, I am going to die. So will you!
I laugh every time I read a news article about a buff, tight, muscular person, male or female, that suddenly collapses and is dead within seconds, often at a relatively young age. Yeah, their "healthy lifestyle" and cardio workouts really did them a lot of good, right?
IMO, it is more important to enjoy our time on this earth than it is to be healthy. Part of my enjoyment is good food and a fairly sedentary lifestyle!
Two peas in a pod. One laughs when people are fat, the other laughs when people die.

Goes to show you that anyone can choose to waste their lives being unkind to others, no matter what body type they hide within.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:20 PM

11 posts, read 12,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Two peas in a pod. One laughs when people are fat, the other laughs when people die.

Goes to show you that anyone can choose to waste their lives being unkind to others, no matter what body type they hide within.
Exactly so then why would you let yourself keep eating until can hardly like function??? WAKE UP LOL

Old 09-15-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulMom View Post
Exactly so then why would you let yourself keep eating until can hardly like function??? WAKE UP LOL
So your conclusion is that it's better to be a thin jerk than a fat jerk. OK. I suppose there is logic in that.

And we agree that it's fun to choose delusional screen names! I'm not really a queen either!

Old 09-15-2015, 07:18 PM

586 posts, read 830,841 times
I was stick thin as a child. I didnt start to get fat until I was in my late teens. When my mom drove me somewhere, and there was a fat person who was crossing in front of us, i would be the first to judge. My mom would tell me "dont laugh, its gonna come back and bite you in the ass!" Sure did, because I am now in the same club and I bet people look at me and judge. Even I am sometimes guilty of judging people who are bigger than me (people who are 300+ and have trouble walking or having to use a scooter). I dont judge to be mean, I just feel bad for them. I am 50-100 lbs lighter than them and feel like hell every morning when I wake up, I could only imagine what they feel like.

It also serves as a wake up call for me too, to not let myself go any further and become as big as them.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:55 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,328,604 times
Quote:
And we agree that it's fun to choose delusional screen names! I'm not really a queen either!
Bwahahaha!

Old 09-16-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post
I was stick thin as a child. I didnt start to get fat until I was in my late teens. When my mom drove me somewhere, and there was a fat person who was crossing in front of us, i would be the first to judge. My mom would tell me "dont laugh, its gonna come back and bite you in the ass!" Sure did, because I am now in the same club and I bet people look at me and judge. Even I am sometimes guilty of judging people who are bigger than me (people who are 300+ and have trouble walking or having to use a scooter). I dont judge to be mean, I just feel bad for them. I am 50-100 lbs lighter than them and feel like hell every morning when I wake up, I could only imagine what they feel like.

It also serves as a wake up call for me too, to not let myself go any further and become as big as them.
I was the same way. In first grade I had a crush on a boy named Jack. Back then the kids who brown-bagged ate their lunch in the classroom while the "hot lunch" kids went to the cafeteria. In the classroom, the kids were playing some sort of game asking "Who likes vegetable soup? Who likes hot dogs? Who likes this or that?" I was such a picky eater, so I didn't raise my hand for anything, and suddenly Jack said, "You don't like to eat ANYTHING. No wonder your legs are so skinny. Look, everybody, at how skinny her legs are!" I was destroyed.

As a teenager, my ribs stuck out and I felt lightheaded a lot. The doctor told me to drink more milk and eat bologna sandwiches to try to put on weight. Didn't really start to gain up to "normal" size until mid-20s, and then after I had my daughter at 33, it just got worse.

Well...she is 24, and here I am, having to work so hard to get off the weight. But, it's coming off, albeit slowly. I just saw someone I haven't seen in a couple of months and the first thing she said was, "Wow, you are losing weight!" Made my day.

I'm not going to make fun of anyone who is morbidly obese. I feel sorry for them, because something is terribly wrong inside of them.

Old 09-16-2015, 12:21 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,275,815 times
Quote:

I can't believe I just read this.

How can you enjoy your life on this earth as an unhealthy person? There is something to be said about quality of life.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:00 PM

586 posts, read 830,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I can't believe I just read this.

How can you enjoy your life on this earth as an unhealthy person? There is something to be said about quality of life.
You're right, there is much more to life than just eating. I just got back from a one week vacation and unlike some people, I lost weight instead of gaining. There was so much to see and do and I was so excited to explore that I would just grab a quick bite so we could move on. We did a lot of walking, hiking, strolling national parks and didnt stop til dawn.

If people just want to sit for hours on end to eat, they will be missing out on a lot of things.

Wish I had this mindset earlier, I probably wouldnt be so big. I gained weight when I was a lazy, bored, and careless teenager. After I met my husband, I discovered how much I like to travel. I now feel like I am an adventurous person stuck in a big body.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:29 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Quote:
LOL! And I don't live in Ohio.

I know it's hard to resist, but don't feed the trolls. If we ignore posts like that, they'll likely just go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss