Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 07:39 AM

969 posts, read 2,852,808 times

Advertisements

Here you go - hope some "dog people" will feel free to add to the thread

2 for sale immediately!!!!
Please help! After two long years of being on a waiting list for a dog, we have been notified by breed rescue that, at long last, our number has come up and ... WE ARE HAVING A PUPPY!

We must get rid of our children IMMEDIATELY because we just know how time consuming our new little puppy is going to be and it just wouldn't be fair to the children. Since our little puppy will be arriving on Monday we MUST place the children up for adoption this weekend!

They are described as:
One male -- his name is Tommy, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), light blonde hair, blue eyes. Four years old. Excellent disposition. He doesn't bite. Temperament tested. Does have problems with peeing directly in the toilet. Has had chicken Pox and is current on all shots. Tonsils have already been removed. Tommy eats everything, is very clean, house trained and gets along well with others. Does not run with scissors and with a little training he should be able to read soon.

One female -- her name is Lexie, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), strawberry blonde hair, green eyes, quite freckled. Two years old. Can be surly at times. Non-biter, thumb sucker. Has been temperament tested but needs a little attitude adjusting occasionally. She is current on all shots, tonsils out, and is very healthy and can be affectionate. Gets along well with other little girls and little boys but does not like to share her toys and therefore would do best in a one child household. She is a very quick learner and is currently working on her house training. Shouldn't take long at all.

We really do LOVE our children so much and want to do what's right for them. That is why we contacted a rescue group. But we simply can no longer keep them. Also, we are afraid that they may hurt our new puppy.

I hope you understand that ours is a UNIQUE situation and we have a real emergency here!
They MUST be placed into your rescue by Sunday night at the latest or we will be forced to drop them off at the orphanage or along some dark, country road. Our priority now has to be our new puppy.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:50 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Not much to add. It says it all. Thanks for sharing!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 08:22 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
HAHAHAHAHAAA.....

oh, this is GOOD...... i hope i'm not the only one that sees the humor being employed to REALLY illustrate such a ridiculous situation.......

Old 09-24-2009, 08:32 AM

I believe that the person giving up the children should highlight that they are the newest "designer breed" (English/Irish mix).

That should make it easier to "place" them.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:05 AM

899 posts, read 2,943,145 times
Thanks for a good chuckle .
There is so much truth to it too, only in reverse...
Wish more people would see it from the dogs point of few..

Old 09-24-2009, 09:58 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,431,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
I believe that the person giving up the children should highlight that they are the newest "designer breed" (English/Irish mix).

That should make it easier to "place" them.
Excellent addition!!! I love it!!

Phenomenal post! *standing ovation*

eta

Gotta admit - I stole this! I've got it printed in my office. I love it!! And I tried to give ya reps, but it says I have to spread the love around first. But trust me, you just got major huge cyber reps!

Last edited by mrs1885; 09-24-2009 at 10:07 AM..

Old 09-24-2009, 10:16 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
I'll give the reps for ya, Mrs1885.

That was awesome!!!!!

Old 09-24-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
I stole this! I've got it printed in my office.
Print copies and pass it around - of course the people who NEED to read it won't "get it" - but it doesn't hurt to try.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:52 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,431,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
Print copies and pass it around - of course the people who NEED to read it won't "get it" - but it doesn't hurt to try.
Oh, I'm handing it to everyone that comes in!! I love it!

Thanks Dawn!

Old 09-24-2009, 01:00 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,295,206 times
I absolutely loved this post.. thanks for brightening my day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs