Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 03:12 PM

616 posts, read 855,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
your "tests" utilized highly processed, fatty and loaded with sodiium and fillers "meat" and a lesser quality kibble.... there are kibbles out there MUCH better than Eukanuba at about the same price point....

NONE of my dogs have "delicate" digestive systems and they still don't get any type of sausage.....

why don't you try this test again... say with chicken or turkey breast or a lean cut of beef....

bichons are very popular with backyard breeders... no wonder you want to try to make a little money off of her....
meat is meat no matter where it was processed. the same meat you buy at the grocery store is the same cow that was slaughtered to add some meat to dog food. you do realize that right? the sausage the same. if you don't think so...call the maker of YOUR dog food and ask them. they may or may not tell you depending on how you approach the call. and Eukanuba is AKC certified dog food, top shelf if you will, so um...thanks but no thanks.

oh and I've tossed chicken and turkey in her bowl before same result. she didn't want it. case closed.

your last comments shows your immaturity. any AKC certified dog piques the brow of backyard breeders. Bichons aren't special. Maybe you're a backyard breeder, what kind of dog do you have??

Old 09-20-2011, 03:21 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,170,526 times
I've had female dogs go through heat and never a hint of nipple swelling....that comes later if the dog is bred and gives birth. Swollen nipples are not an indicator of heat in dogs. And equating them to "horny" female humans....oh give us a break.

Eukanuba a good food? Please. You can't even find the dismal ingredient list on the Eukanuba website, probably because they don't want to open themselves up to negative comments. This is their "small breed" adult food. Yuck, seriously. Chock full of yummy Chinese ingredients!

Chicken, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Meal, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Brewers Rice, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Ground Whole Grain Barley, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Flavor, Fish Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Fish Meal, Dried Egg Product, Brewers Dried Yeast, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Flax Meal, Choline Chloride, Fructooligosaccharides, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate), Vitamins (Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of vitamin B2), Inositol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Calcium Carbonate, DL-Methionine, Vitamin E Supplement, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:29 PM

616 posts, read 855,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I've had female dogs go through heat and never a hint of nipple swelling....that comes later if the dog is bred and gives birth. Swollen nipples are not an indicator of heat in dogs. And equating them to "horny" female humans....oh give us a break.

Eukanuba a good food? Please. You can't even find the dismal ingredient list on the Eukanuba website, probably because they don't want to open themselves up to negative comments. This is their "small breed" adult food. Yuck, seriously. Chock full of yummy Chinese ingredients!

Chicken, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Meal, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Brewers Rice, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Ground Whole Grain Barley, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Flavor, Fish Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Fish Meal, Dried Egg Product, Brewers Dried Yeast, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Flax Meal, Choline Chloride, Fructooligosaccharides, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate), Vitamins (Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of vitamin B2), Inositol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Calcium Carbonate, DL-Methionine, Vitamin E Supplement, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.

And you'll find the same ingredients in just about all dog foods. that's why I don't feed it to my dog. it's ALL cancerous. I picked Eukanuba because it has the least amount of sodium in it than others but regardless my dog rarely eats it. she wants the Kale and Carrots. Vegan dog, gotta luv it.!

Old 09-20-2011, 03:59 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,041,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ATX View Post
meat is meat no matter where it was processed. the same meat you buy at the grocery store is the same cow that was slaughtered to add some meat to dog food. you do realize that right? the sausage the same. if you don't think so...call the maker of YOUR dog food and ask them. they may or may not tell you depending on how you approach the call. and Eukanuba is AKC certified dog food, top shelf if you will, so um...thanks but no thanks.

oh and I've tossed chicken and turkey in her bowl before same result. she didn't want it. case closed.

your last comments shows your immaturity. any AKC certified dog piques the brow of backyard breeders. Bichons aren't special. Maybe you're a backyard breeder, what kind of dog do you have??

how you can equate SAUSAGE with lean chicken or turkey breast baffles the brain....

if you think Eukanuba is top-shelf, you have fallen for every word of their marketing campaigns and dog-show sponsorships.... and OBVIOUSLY have done no real research....

i have 3 healthy, beautiful. loving and intelligent mutts.... could never justify spending hundreds of dollars on an expensive pure-bred when so many others are in need.... but that's just me.... i get that people out there want a particular breed for whatever reason and i have no problem with that.... as long as the dog comes from that oh-so-rare reputable breeder and doesn't further line the pockets of the more likely byber or miller.... and REALLY don't see the need for more puppies being brought into the world by people who have NOT A CLUE about what they are doing.....

fwiw.... cute little fluffy dogs such as the bichon are WAY more popular with the byber's and the millers because they can sell them to gullible impulse buyers more easily....

and quite the opposite of a byb.... i rescue and in fact, would not be surprised to see some of your dog's puppies on one of my transports in a few year's time..... assuming they make it that far.....

Old 09-20-2011, 04:09 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,170,526 times
Quote:
Eukanuba is AKC certified dog food
Cite? What the heck does "AKC certified dog food" mean?
Your comment is meaningless without a cite.
This is a cite. In case you're unclear on the concept. Let us know if you need further assistance! Folks here are pretty darn helpful to new members who need help or clarification.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:26 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,692,605 times
There is some belief that Eukanuba is somehow endoresed by the AKC. This mistake comes from the fact that Proctor and Gamble is the naming sponsor for the AKC show under their Eukanuba brand. Its the same as if a sports team is belived to be endorsing a particular company/product because that company paid big money to have themself the naming sponsor of a sports areana.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:36 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,219,720 times
Thread has wondered so off topic that it is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs