Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 10:28 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,170,406 times

Advertisements

Why aren't Chiuhuahua's on the "bad dogs" list? (They love to bite!)

I've been bitten by a chi, on the ankle of course, sneaky little rascals,.... and a weimaraner. That one hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 12:36 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,955,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastelito de limon View Post
The only time I ever felt threatened by a "dangerous" breed was when I first met my neighbor's pit. She saw me, perked up, and came bounding towards me at top speed. I almost peed myself right then, but when she got to me all she did was run around me in circles and then jump up to give kisses.
Classic pit behavior. I wub a pitty.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:57 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,555,928 times
I was bitten by a lab last week ...... all the years with GSDs and never a bite..........the lab bite was totally unprovoked and a legitimate "bite" (I have tearing from all incisors and the canines as well as brusing but no puncture) A week later it is healing but still hurts.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:08 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
That's the "breeds I have been bitten by" list. Until last week, the list consisted of Chow and Chihuahua. After last week's attack I'm adding yellow Lab.

Prominently NOT on the list are those two sweet pitties that showed up on my doorstep a few weeks back.

This lab saw me and started running for me full speed ahead with ears pinned back as far as they would go. The worst thing I could do was run, so I positioned myself to present a sideways target and stuck my knee out to absorb the attack. That's where it happened, and I now own a pair of pants that I can't wear in public.

She didn't break my skin, lucky me.
When I was working for a pipeline company back in the 80's I was out delivering calenders to landowners about this time of the year. It was a PR thing for the company and meant to foster good relationships between the Pipeline and the landowners (mostly farmers).

We had some problems with this wingnut who hated the Pipeline for whatever reason, just a hateful person I think. Anyway, I was always very careful around his place. So I stopped there and knocked on the door-no answer. So I left the calender between the storm door and the inner door and walked back to my truck. The door opens and out comes this guy's mangy mutt. I think it was half German Shepherd and something else. He was coming for my butt, snarling and growling. I got to my truck and he clamped down on my leg right above my ankle and he was biting hard, trying to get me down.

I'm 6'2 220 lbs but he was quite a beast himself. Well, he made one mistake, he let me drag him around to the back of the truck where I opened the door and got a 24" pipewrench out. I swung that wrench is hard as I could right down on top of the dog's head. He still wouldn't let go. The second shot killed him. I was so upset I picked up the dog and threw him at the front door of the house and screamed some harsh words I tell you.

Luckily I had some high leather workboots on but still my ankle and entire lower leg were black and blue for a week.

As a dog lover I never got over having to kill that dog just because this idiot sicced him on me. After that we were never allowed to go on this guy's property again without the sheriff with us.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:50 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,034,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastelito de limon View Post
I've only been bitten by 2 dogs: Jack Russel and lab. The JRT was acting very friendly and inviting towards me, smiling and wagging his tail and sending off happy dog body language...but when I reached down to pet him, he went all ninja warrior on me. Not cool! The lab ambushed me while I was riding my bike and got a hold of my leg...left giant bite marks on me that didn't disappear for weeks!

The only time I ever felt threatened by a "dangerous" breed was when I first met my neighbor's pit. She saw me, perked up, and came bounding towards me at top speed. I almost peed myself right then, but when she got to me all she did was run around me in circles and then jump up to give kisses.
yep... that's a pibble!!

Quote:
yep.....

Old 12-15-2011, 04:27 PM

438 posts, read 947,242 times
Quote:
Yup. She was the sweetest thing and pretty too...she was a redhead
I've yet to meet an aggressive pitty.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:32 PM

4 posts, read 5,660 times
Re: Pull My Finger's experience- In a fair world, you would have been allowed to take the pipe wrench to the owner instead. G. Sheps. get a bad rap. They're one of the most trainable dogs and most wouldn't hurt a human unless trained to. Most Toy dogs are risky because of inbreeding...nasty little buggers. Chis, Poms, Poodles, etc. can all inflict a nasty bite.

My daughter was bitten in the face when she was 14, by a Dalmatian...another inbred thanks to Disney. She still bares the 1/2 inch scar from her nostril down her top lip. She had bent over to pet the dog. The dog's owner had the dog put down before we were out of the emergency room. That's responsible dog ownership. My daughter and I both love dogs and will always have at least one, but please everyone...always protect your face and head...Golden or Pit.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:17 PM

3,749 posts, read 12,408,135 times
Quote:
On that note...I got this through FB last week. talk about "wubbing a pitty" check out this face. It will just make you feel all warm & fuzzy!
Attached Thumbnails
I can now add a new breed to my list-fer-ebber-home.jpg  

Old 12-17-2011, 10:54 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
I have never been bitten by any of my own dogs (collies) and I don't really get close to or mess with anyone else's dogs.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:46 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,034,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va-cat View Post
on that note...i got this through fb last week. Talk about "wubbing a pitty" check out this face. It will just make you feel all warm & fuzzy!:d

:d:d:d:d:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs