Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 11:39 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readerlady View Post
We tried this product on our four cats. We went back in two days and got a full refund from the store. All the cats had soapy water baths to wash it off. Please do not use flea shampoo with additional pesticide to make it worse. This product left them oily beyond belief. They were sickly and just not themselves. Do not waste your money on this product. I hope this and other posts will save many cat owners from putting their kitties in danger.
The box specifically says not to use on cats. If you are talking about a feline version, I haven't yet seen that at our local Costco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 3,621 times
Last night I treated my 8 year old Sheltie with Kirkland brand Flea & Tick control and 9 hours later she had a major seizure. Thankfully, she has recovered well, but I will never use this product again. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with this product and their dog.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:43 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
and so it begins.....

Old 09-19-2012, 11:54 AM

2 posts, read 7,190 times
I too used this product. My dog did not have seizures but loss of appetite, vomiting, lethargy, loss of hair AND fleas. She is still not right. I was told by a Costco employee this product had been removed from the stores. I plan on going to the store to see for myself when I return the unused portion. My vet bill was high. Current home flea removal methods are not working so my exterminating bill will be even higher. Unfortunately I will now question and think twice about everything I buy with the Kirkland name on it.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:01 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
what a shame for you... I have found Kirkland products to be of very high quality.... including the flea and tick treatment.....

Old 09-19-2012, 04:21 PM

2 posts, read 7,190 times
It is a shame for anyone affected by this product. Costco should have recalled it and notified their customers. An employee is quoted as saying they all knew it was a negative for dogs/cats and could even cause death. Those that were happy with the product could have stocked up - the rest of us could have possibly avoided a nightmare.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:21 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,671,817 times
I did not read all the responses to this however I will throw in my 2 cents...

The following opinions are based on what I see at work and what I use at home.

Advantage and K9 Avantix are manufactured by Bayer Animal Health which is a well respected name in the industry and a maker of numerous medications used in almost every vet hospital. Bio-spot is NOT of comparable quality and I don't recommend any low end product...some have had excellent results with them BUT in general I feel its safer to go with a better product. Many of the companies producing the low end topicals have had far too many products eventually pulled due to using high risk pesticides and other safety concerns.

I REALLY like Advantage...my dogs (including the homogenized merle) all tolerate it well and IT KILLS FLEAS fast in my experience.

Loads of problems down here on the Gulf with Frontline not working AT ALL...infact I am surprised so many vets still carry it. IMHO there are MUCH better products out there. One of my dogs also acted as if he had been set on fire after Frontline application...he is kinda the drama queen of the family tho.

If Frontline is working for you...GREAT, if not try Advantage.

I've used advantix but not FOR a tick problem so I can't comment on how well it works for ticks.

Also have used Advantage Multi for HW but having to keep the dogs apart while it dries has proven to be a bit tiresome

Old 10-20-2012, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,536 times
I believe that the Kirkland Flea and Tick gave my dog Renal Kidney Failure.
If you have experienced negative symptoms using this product, and wouldn't mind sharing your information with me, I would like to hear from you.

I have been in contact with the manufacturer for several weeks now trying to get the product recalled.

Thank you,
Hilda

Old 10-21-2012, 08:03 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,684,438 times
^^^Hmmm... no Kirkland then.

My pup's on Bayer's Advantage II right now and it is close to $70 for 6 doses (6 months).
And any of my pets' lives are worth wayyyyy more than that!

Old 11-19-2012, 04:11 PM

1 posts, read 3,491 times
Default kirkland signature flea treatment for dogs and cats

Well, I bought both for cats and dogs and I am really disappointed with the product. I used it for three months and did not do an inspection of the animals, because the other products I have used were always affective, that being said I realized yesterday that my animals are flea infested. The product did not work at all and as a side effect they have greasy oily fur. Unfortunately I threw out my receipt and cannot get a refund. I would not recommend this product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs