Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 03:40 AM

4 posts, read 143,278 times

Advertisements

Hi to all,
Feebee was put to sleep here at home in March. She battled so well but the cancer was very aggressive and the last week she developed another lump above her eye this time but she was too tired. It was time to say goodbye. It tore me apart to call the vet in and now, August, I still find it hard to deal with.
Triherba did work as it eliminates any foreign body regardless. It was discharging the abnormal tissues. It's a potion that's given three times a day. With hindsight I would have given double the dose but she had three capfulls a day which was the suggested dossage for her size. However, there are situation where a higher dose could be given and maybe that's what I should have done.
good luck to all of you who have a valued pet and want to do the best for them. I wish you well. Anne
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 02:49 PM

2 posts, read 57,338 times
Grannynancy,

The vet originally went in looking for an absess of the tooth but that has been ruled out. She said his teeth looked fine. It is heartbreaking to see his shaved forehead and the staples. He has been an active dog and full of energy. My husband and I were at the vets yesterday afternoon to pick Jack up and we just cried the whole time. Our vet said she never expected to find the bone eaten through. They Fed Ex'd the biopsy so that we would get the results quicker than by mail. She did recommend that we do a CT scan once we know what we are dealing with as the x-rays do not really show everything they should. Thank you for responding

Old 02-10-2009, 10:55 PM

1 posts, read 16,607 times
Default My Dog Luke

Hi there. First of all I am so sorry to hear your baby is sick.

I have just finished going through the same thing with my baby Luke. We recently had to make the heartbreaking desicion to have him put to sleep at 12 and half years old.

We first noticed he was having problems with his nose last winter. He started to constantly lick his nose. I then noticed one of his nostrils was crusty. He sneezed more than normal too.
I took him to the vet where they did xrays to check for cancer. They did not find any cancer but put him on antibiotics and steriods to try and combat a nasal infection.

He did well on this treatment for about 4 months so the vet put him down from 2 antibiotics a day to just 1. After a week we put him back up to 2 a day as he went downhill, however that week of weaker antibiotics seemed to be enough for the infection to take over and he went progressively downhill.

Over the next 6 weeks he lost the feeling in half his face, which although not painful, caused his eye and bottom lip on one side to droop. It also affected his swallowing nerves and he began to cough when he was eatting. We took him back to the vet who said that because he wasn't in any pain and because he was still eatting and happy there was no reason to have him down.
So for the next week we soaked and mashed his food which eliminated the coughing and he seemed to be fine.

That weekend we got married on the Saturday and when we came home on the Sunday we took one look at Luke and realised we had lost the battle with the infection as his left eye actually looked as though the eyeball would burst. He was still up and about and eatting. We discused the fact that if that was how bad the infection had got that it could do that to him overnight, in the next few days it would likely attack his brain. So we decided to have him put to sleep at home the next day.

I felt like I had given up on Luke and betrayed him by making that desicion. When we got up the next morning however, we knew we had made the right desision, he was tired and weak and ready to go. The vets were lovely, they came round home and Luke died sitting on his blanket with my arms around him, his head resting on my shoulder. He didn't even flinch when they shaved his leg, he knew what was happening. They didn't make me feel bad for sobbing over him for ages and even shed a few tears themselves.

That was 3 weeks ago and I am in tears writting this email.
Make the most of the time with your best friend because you will greive like you have never greived before. I had to explain to my husband that for me I had lost a constant presence in my life. Luke was the last thing I saw when I went out and the first thing I saw when I came home and even now I don't like going outside because he is not there.

I do hope you will find something to help your baby. The longterm antibiotics were good and were working (Vetamox 625mg twice a day) unfortunately that week with a reduced dose seemed to stuff it up. If you do have your dog on the antibiotics make sure you NEVER miss a dose.

Good luck and God bless

Amanda

Old 02-11-2009, 08:02 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,448,141 times
Amanda,

That sounds like nasal cancer, not an infection. Anyhow, very sorry for about your loss.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:23 AM

2 posts, read 19,865 times
Unhappy dog with nasal cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneg View Post
A great christmas message - Fee Bee has responded to the alternative treatment and the abnormal tissue has separated and is being expelled out of her nostril. the swelling on her nose has also erupted into an abscess of sorts and the tissue is being released. It's unpleasant, smelly, messy but she now has chance of full recovery.
Thanks to all who have cared.
this whole episode should give heart to anyone who has cancer. Try the tri-herba or any other bloodroot substance. I have taken photos of the process. These are not pleasant but I'm happy to share with anyone who wants to see them.
Hi
I just found this message and I need more info about this treatment, if you get this message please email back, I do have an appoint today with my dog's vet.

I went for a checkup 6 days ago regarding her breathing problem (sudden sneezing & reverse sneezing) but my long time vet just told me that it could be seasonal allergies until there is some discharge. now I've found some discharge at first I thought it was boogie but I really don't think so as it is causing my dog hard to breathe, she is turning 15 in June. She is still eating but lately feeling tired b/c of this. hope you could help. thanks!

Old 11-18-2009, 05:05 PM

2 posts, read 32,104 times
Default Anneg,

[Could I please see the pictures, our German Shepard just developed something on the side of his nose.quote=anneg;2326026]A great christmas message - Fee Bee has responded to the alternative treatment and the abnormal tissue has separated and is being expelled out of her nostril. the swelling on her nose has also erupted into an abscess of sorts and the tissue is being released. It's unpleasant, smelly, messy but she now has chance of full recovery.
Thanks to all who have cared.
this whole episode should give heart to anyone who has cancer. Try the tri-herba or any other bloodroot substance. I have taken photos of the process. These are not pleasant but I'm happy to share with anyone who wants to see them.[/quote]

Old 11-18-2009, 05:09 PM

2 posts, read 32,104 times
Default Pictures

Anneg, Could I please see the pictures, our German Shepard, Chico, Just developed a growth of some sort, I cant get him to the Vet. till friday.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:24 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,120,097 times
I'd be interested to know the name of the suspected fungus too. My BF's dog went blind at the age of one after fighting a fungal infection. He's still living a full life but is on an anti-fungal for the rest of his life.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:17 PM

60 posts, read 170,317 times
hello DashDog, thank you for all your advice. i decided to go through with sheldon' s rhinoscopy last friday which ended up costing 1700 dollars which included a CT, a chest xray, and full oral exam. He was diagnosed with aspergillinosis or otherwise known as a nasal fungal infection. A treatable disease that involves an injection of clotrizamole right into the nasal cavity. Unfortunately in sheldon's situation the disease progressed so much where the bone scrolls near the brain case are eaten away. so the normal course of treatment is too risky. now sheldon is on a oral anti-fungal medication which is 50% effective for the next 2 months. If he responds then he may be able to get the topical treatment and could improve. If he doesnt respond then the disease could progress to the brain and cause seizures and neurological problems. So right now its a wait and see. I dont know how much financially i can afford and most importantly that my sheldon doesnt suffer. Right now sheldon is ok, he's eating normal and still enjoying walks and play time. i know the constant runny nose annoys him and his poor nostrils are all raw and sensitive. its all about quality of life. ive been reading everyones blogs and regardless of diagnosis we all have something in common: we love our dogs and will do anything to keep them healthy and with us..they are not "just pets" they are family, our best friends. thanks again..your words are comforting.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 15,787 times
The atom sized silver particle size is more efficient, more potent, and most lethal to unwanted critters that try to invade the body from the inside out! The iridium, rhodium and ruthenium atom sized particles, are extremely effective in dealing with free radicals that cause cancer and aging and may be the answer to a healthy and youthful appearance. [url=http://www.gold2live.com]Colloidal Silver Atoms 3000 PPM[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs