Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 11:57 AM

376 posts, read 1,505,823 times

Advertisements

My dog (casanova) has been suffering for the past month and we are waiting on a test to see if he has a fungal infections or possibly nasal cancer. Last night I had to run him to the emergency clinic as he started acting very strange and began twitching plus breathing heavy. The vet said his breathing is fine, but the twitching probably does lead them to believe it could be a fungal infection that is beginning to spread to his brain. Has anyone dealt with this?

I should have test results back today but from what I understand it is extremely expensive to treat and only effective if the dog takes to the treatment, but having trouble finding information on what the success rate is of dogs accepting the treatment, any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 01:35 PM

4 posts, read 143,278 times
This may be too late for your dog but if it isn't. I also have a dog with either a growth in the nose or infection and there is no cure. she was breathing so badly I very nearly had her put down last week.
a month ago I took her to a homeopathic vet who prescribed various remedies. Each one induced a nose bleed.
I sent away for Triherba black tonic which is bloodroot based and so far we are having success with this.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:48 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
No advice, but I'm hoping all goes well.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Feebee's Nasal growth

thanks for the support. My dog, a german shepherd, feebee, is 10 years old and very much my friend so I'm trying all I can to keep her going. she looks really good and can't quite believe has only a short time to live.
Her allopathic vet has her on a low steroid dose which is keeping the growth back but cannot get rid of it.
I am trying black tonic and a fox liniment and she is now on fresh meat and organic veg diet.
she is in her seventh extra week and has so many people routing for her that I now have posted her progress on my space under my name anne glover. My friends, their friends and their friends' friends are asking and sending love.I have had professional people phoning me late at night with cures and the whole thing has given me so much heart
Attached Thumbnails
Dog Fungal Infection or nasal cancer-ss101010.jpg  

Last edited by anneg; 12-10-2007 at 02:37 AM.. Reason: remove photo and replace

Old 12-10-2007, 07:42 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,423,079 times
Have they mentioned doing an MRI? They can be very expensive but s/b able to pinpoint the problem (have heard some vets give very sizable discounts - 50/60% - if you pay cash). ANyway am probably putting the cart before the horse, hoping she responds to the treatment, good luck to you both.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:42 AM

A great christmas message - Fee Bee has responded to the alternative treatment and the abnormal tissue has separated and is being expelled out of her nostril. the swelling on her nose has also erupted into an abscess of sorts and the tissue is being released. It's unpleasant, smelly, messy but she now has chance of full recovery.
Thanks to all who have cared.
this whole episode should give heart to anyone who has cancer. Try the tri-herba or any other bloodroot substance. I have taken photos of the process. These are not pleasant but I'm happy to share with anyone who wants to see them.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:14 AM

1 posts, read 40,755 times
Default Nasal Cancer in my 13 y/o Golden

Hi Anne,

We are dealing with nasal cancer in our senior Golden (just received diagnosis). I was just wondering how Triherba Black Tonic works. Do you add it to their food? I am assuming this tonic is in liquid form.

Thanks for any help you can give. I would rather try to go the natural/holistic route if I can. I'm not too sure I want to put my boy through the standard/routine types of treatments, since he deals now with moderate to advanced arthritis in his hind quarters and his age (he turned 13 in January of this year).

Again, thank you Anne. Your FeeBee is a beautiful dog!

Lori Bassett
Enfield, CT
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneg View Post
This may be too late for your dog but if it isn't. I also have a dog with either a growth in the nose or infection and there is no cure. she was breathing so badly I very nearly had her put down last week.
a month ago I took her to a homeopathic vet who prescribed various remedies. Each one induced a nose bleed.
I sent away for Triherba black tonic which is bloodroot based and so far we are having success with this.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:34 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,940,360 times
If there is a fungal infection present, it's critical to do a culture to identify the genus and species. Not all fungi can be treated by the same antifungal agent and there are several now available.

Hoping you get good news.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:23 AM

2 posts, read 57,338 times
Default Fungal Infection, bacterial infection or cancer

We brought our beloved lab mix "Jack" to the vet today after a month of treating, what was believed to be, a tooth problem. Over the weekend his head developed an egg size lump, which precipitated the vet visit. After an incision was made they said that the bone in his nasal passage was eaten through. The vet believed this to be cancer. They are sending off a biopsy to confirm. My niece, who is a veterinarian student said that fungal infections can eat through bone as well. Has anyone out there had this problem. We are absolutely destroyed at this point. He is still active, eats well but shows signs of pain at times. Please help!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:43 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,552,954 times
I did go through months of nasal problems and evaluations and money with the same concerns and pray it is neither but for the OP - - - And I am really sorry for what you are going through and others have gone through with this - I just lost a dog to cancer [different kind]

-make REAL sure it is not an abscess - our dog had a split tooth the vet did not diagnose because of how it was split it was not real obvious - he had puss breaking through the side of his face under his eye and the vet thought it was nasal cancer [he completely ruled out an abscess and did all kinds of tests]. A second vet picked it up right away, pulled the tooth and solved the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs