Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 11:44 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,689,127 times

Advertisements

Now that my jaw is off the floor, all I can say is wow, this guy sounds like a winner.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:48 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,132,993 times
I think this post is more to get responses than ideas. The OP gets anxious at the thought of getting a job so is on SSI disability and wants ideas to cheat the government system for taking money under the table. If he isn't reporting his wages, he is committing a crime. He's too good to work for minimum wage like many of the rest of the people. Integrity seems to be the issue. It sounds made up to me.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:55 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,155,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSUBison View Post
If you that much anxiety then how are you going to be able to go college?

Good point.

If you're too anxious to work, how can you handle school?

Old 03-13-2013, 01:05 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
I know, right. My gf gets headaches daily. Can she sit at home too and make 1k because she can't work? I wish!
Applying for Social Security Disability with Chronic Migraines

Quote:
As with most other conditions, there is a lengthy process to apply for Social Security disability benefits with chronic migraines. Although the condition has neurological causes, the SSA does not include migraines under their criteria for adjudicating neurological conditions. In fact, there is not a specific listing for migraines in the Blue Book.

To qualify for disability based on migraines, you need to meet several criteria:
•First, the condition must be medically documented.
•Secondly, the documentation must show that you have followed your health care professional’s advice in trying to treat the problem medically.
•Generally speaking, you must show that your condition has persisted for a year or longer, or that it is expected to last that long.

You must also show that your condition makes it impossible for you to perform any work for which you are qualified.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:43 PM

83 posts, read 95,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its amazing how easily our government seems to hand out our money these days.

my father in law collects disability for no legitimate reason. oh but according to him "i worked 25 years, i deserve it!" he collects disability, gets food stamps, subdidized housing and medicaid/medicare. he is in his mid-50's so we are taking care of him for a while unless he kicks the bucket early.
And on the flip side, I've busted my butt through hard work and sacrifice to get a decent salary, only to see the government take close to 30% of my income for taxes and 50% of any bonus I make. It really steams me to know I'm out here slaving so people can enjoy living off the government and staying at home because of anxiety!

Old 03-13-2013, 01:57 PM

355 posts, read 913,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTED View Post
And on the flip side, I've busted my butt through hard work and sacrifice to get a decent salary, only to see the government take close to 30% of my income for taxes and 50% of any bonus I make. It really steams me to know I'm out here slaving so people can enjoy living off the government and staying at home because of anxiety!
It's almost enough to GIVE you anxiety!

Old 03-13-2013, 02:01 PM

5,868 posts, read 11,930,600 times
I have a nephew with Asperger's and he suffers from anxiety and all I can say is that if you haven't ever experienced it, you have no right to judge anyone. It's a neurological disorder, not a choice and it can be debilitating for people trying to cope. It's a whole lot more than just what you and I experience as anxiety. Your reactions on this thread are one of the reasons aspie's have such a hard time dealing with the general public. I'll be surprised if the OP comes back to this thread. No one has given him any sound advice, just judgment.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:05 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
I have a nephew with Asperger's and he suffers from anxiety and all I can say is that if you haven't ever experienced it, you have no right to judge anyone. It's a neurological disorder, not a choice and it can be debilitating for people trying to cope. It's a whole lot more than just what you and I experience as anxiety. Your reactions on this thread are one of the reasons aspie's have such a hard time dealing with the general public. I'll be surprised if the OP comes back to this thread. No one has given him any sound advice, just judgment.
Aspergers is another situation and surely would and should qualify as a disability and is a legitimate handicapping condition. I must have missed the reference about Aspergers can you repost where he mentioned that.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:09 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
nope, we have no right to judge; just to pay.

the kid can work. i dont care if you throw around the name of a syndrome and now believe that all judgment or negative criticism is off the table. he shouldnt be getting anything from the taxpayers.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:14 PM

5,868 posts, read 11,930,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Aspergers is another situation and surely would and should qualify as a disability and is a legitimate handicapping condition. I must have missed the reference about Aspergers can you repost where he mentioned that.
Here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
It wasn't merely being anxious, I have OCD and Asperger's Syndrome and at one point was pretty suicidal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics