Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2014, 08:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times

Advertisements

I'd have to say yes. Had a car ;money since I worked part time. Best physical shape of life at that age with boundless energy .Back then(62-65) high school was a very social life place to be. The local drag was good place to be on Friday or Saturday nite. Best of all responsible for little. Great times.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:49 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissapla12 View Post
Nowadays I think with social media, high school reunions are pointless

There's no substitute for face-to- face contact. Not even City Data. I'm sad for you if you think there is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
High school was the WORST time of my life. I could not get out fast enough. Went right into the state university and loved it right away.
I couldn't wait to get out of high school, but I couldn't wait to get out of college, either.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:31 AM

305 posts, read 282,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Lmao as soon as a grown man starts talking to me about his high school days as if I should care...
I make my getaway plan.

It's such a joke.
Why the Hell does anyone care what you did in high school??
Makes me think of this line-

Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture
a little of the glory of, well time slips away
and leaves you with nothing mister but
boring stories of glory days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1L8BBWuIP4

"as if I should care?"

If you plan on being friends with someone, you should care about their past.

I am guessing that person won't be losing much if that is your attitude towards them.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:57 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,123,810 times
Worst by far

Old 11-06-2014, 07:52 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,720 times
do those people that had a "successful" high school experience turn out to be normal people in adulthood?

what i mean is that those that werent really traumatised too much or had little to no adversity during those delicate years end up being well adjusted

is it possible for them to sustain that same successfulness? do yall get what i mean...my writing doesnt translate well all the time

Old 11-06-2014, 09:59 AM

305 posts, read 282,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
do those people that had a "successful" high school experience turn out to be normal people in adulthood?

what i mean is that those that werent really traumatised too much or had little to no adversity during those delicate years end up being well adjusted

is it possible for them to sustain that same successfulness? do yall get what i mean...my writing doesnt translate well all the time

What do you mean by "well adjusted"

Also, successfulness is not a word.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:57 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,556,721 times
This saying is spouted by people who only went to HS and then got a job.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:43 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyFeller View Post
Nah, there where some things about it that I liked. I guess I was more or less an average nobody in high school.
Or, as my niece puts it, "I was just filler."

Old 11-06-2014, 11:50 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inged View Post
"as if I should care?"

If you plan on being friends with someone, you should care about their past.

I am guessing that person won't be losing much if that is your attitude towards them.
Aw....I get it.
Those were the best days of your life.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:55 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,525,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Just wondering if it was for anyone out there. I enjoyed college way more. Either case, I hardly ever think about high school or college anymore.
High school was the WORST time in my life. I RAN out the door when I graduated and never looked back. I've never been remotely interested in attending a reunion and never will attend one. Well one of mine. Dh's reunions are fun. His high school experience was different than mine.

I can't think of a worst time in life. Puberty, acne, struggling with subjects you're not developmentally ready to master, bullies, peer pressure and never feeling like you measure up. What's to even like about high school?

I look at my students and many of them are stressed out. I overhear them complaining that they don't feel accepted. Many of them never feel good enough (lots of parental pressure here for A's). A few times a year we have a suicide intervention going on in the office. Seriously? Who thinks this is fun?

I would say my 30's were the best time of my life. I still had my figure and my looks. I was done with school. I was semi established in my career. I'd paid off my school debt. And my kids were born.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education