Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2009, 09:33 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
The crime statistics as reported by the El Paso Police Dept. do not support your assertion. Of the five regional commands, the crime statistics are very similar for all five. If anything, the Mission Valley (Lower Valley) recorded less crimes in certain categories than most of the the rest of the city for the year 2008.

https://www.elpasotexas.gov/police/statsbycc.asp

Larceny and assault are kind of high in some zip codes. I wonder how those compare with other places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 09:50 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,936,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLifes2shrt View Post
El Paso is not pretty. The closest thing that is somewhat cool and cultural that has history is Las Crusas. I would choose FL anyday. In El Paso, you are very far from any type of metro city. It's interesting in that you can look right over to mexico. I believe the crime there is pretty high...car thefts for example.
I'd rather be in the mountains and low humidity of El Paso any day than being subjected to living in Florida with all of the humidity, lack of seasons, and the entire state is as flat as a board.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:04 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,122,737 times
I think El Paso is beautiful, and in many ways most people don't even think of.

I am originally from KY but have been here since I was 17 and consider myself an El Pasoan. Beauty is where you find it and what you make of what you find.

I never, ever tire of the majesty of the mountains. I love them most at sundown and the play of light and shadow on them. Breathtaking.

I love the sunsets and the dazzling display of color in the neverending sky.

The desert in bloom is striking. The average person, with no familiarity of the desert, could never imagine how colorful it can be. When the poppies make their appearance every few years or so, it's a treat for the eyes and spirit.

I love the neverending big sky and being able to see as far as one cares to look. When I travel back east, I become claustrophobic when I can't see the sky for the trees.

I love the mountain behind my house, full of wildlife, critters and creatures. It's a daily parade of roadrunners, squirrels, quail, coyote, fox, prairie dogs, and an occasional mule deer.

All these things are "pretty" to me, along with the spirit of the people, the friendliness and acceptance of all races, colors and creeds. I love having the military here and appreciate their service to our country.

For the time being, there is no other place I'd rather be than here,

Old 05-12-2009, 02:04 PM

3 posts, read 7,122 times
I agree with you, but other people find it really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by observe View Post
You mean pretty to the eye? Well I've been there a few times, and let me tell you El Paso is a very ugly city as far as looks go. The city is very industrial looking and has a large copper smelter right off the freeway, the city has no landscaping whatsoever and looks like it has no planning whatsover. Businesses and industrial areas are intertwined along I-10 and the parks have no grass. As for the Downtown area, it looks like a third world country, the city is way behind on Downtown re-development. But hey everyone is different, it may be appealing to you.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:25 PM

507 posts, read 1,660,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefood View Post
yeah unfortuately you have to drive off I-10 to see the true el Paso. It really is a nice beautiful city.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:27 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,140,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
I am originally from KY but have been here since I was 17 and consider myself an El Pasoan. Beauty is where you find it and what you make of what you find.

All these things are "pretty" to me, along with the spirit of the people, the friendliness and acceptance of all races, colors and creeds. I love having the military here and appreciate their service to our country.

For the time being, there is no other place I'd rather be than here,
Hey! Making sense like that and having an open mind will get you banned around here! Knock it off!

Now let's get back to nobody speaks in English in El Paso talk.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:09 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,122,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
Hey! Making sense like that and having an open mind will get you banned around here! Knock it off!

Now let's get back to nobody speaks in English in El Paso talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefood View Post
LOLOL Trying to get on my good side Mistabinks??

Old 05-12-2009, 06:00 PM

524 posts, read 1,370,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
I lived in El Paso for 3 years and I agree with Observe, El Paso is very ugly. If you venture out away from the city at night, on a clear night the sky is very pretty, and seeing the city lights from the distance, but other than that, no. Unless you were born in the desert or just have a love for the desert, you won't like El Paso.
Well..I hate everyone that puts down my hometown..if you do not like ELP, then why do you still live there. I love ELP and I wish I lived there now but could not find a job there so I had to leave. Sure the downtown is ugly, I have to admit, but what makes up for the desert and downtown is the people. I have been all over the US and the world. The nicest people I have ever met are in my beloved hometown of ELP. I am proud to say that my family still lives there and so have 6 generations of my family..I will go back to El Paso anytime and will always be proud to say..EL Paso is my hometown ..no matter where I am in the world

Old 05-12-2009, 06:27 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,140,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XChucoresident View Post
I am proud to say that my family still lives there and so have 6 generations of my family..I will go back to El Paso anytime and will always be proud to say..EL Paso is my hometown
That is brand new information! Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:06 AM

730 posts, read 1,896,669 times
The view from the 17th floor of the Doubletree is pretty cool. Check it out if you have a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso