Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 03:29 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,139,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Anyway, 'had to get that off my chest. It was pretty bad, embarrassing actually. On the drive back, we had to explain to our kids several times that what they saw was not good, or acceptable. If any of you get a chance to drive up there, you can tell me if it is still there, I'd imagine it is.
I have to agree. What you, your family, and extended family did was pretty bad and embarrassing. Also, shame on the other group who were in the area and did the same thing. I definitely would not have tolerated that. It's just the way some people are I guess. Definitely not the norm though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 05:13 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times
I'm not surprised.
Trash in the desert - far east El Paso:

https://www.google.com/maps/@31.6685...8i6656!6m1!1e1

https://www.google.com/maps/@31.8265...7i13312!8i6656

https://www.google.com/maps/@31.8607...7i13312!8i6656

Old 07-26-2016, 09:38 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,278,843 times
Default Yes...

Yup, that second location, Tangerine, is what the area looked like exactly, except now there are piles of cardboard tubes and boxes next to the bushes. I don't know exactly where this was, I was not driving, but from memory, this was pretty much the area where we were at: https://www.google.com/maps/@31.7284.../data=!3m1!1e3

Last edited by HookTheBrotherUp; 07-26-2016 at 09:50 PM..

Old 07-28-2016, 08:39 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,648,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Yup, that second location, Tangerine, is what the area looked like exactly, except now there are piles of cardboard tubes and boxes next to the bushes. I don't know exactly where this was, I was not driving, but from memory, this was pretty much the area where we were at: https://www.google.com/maps/@31.7284.../data=!3m1!1e3
It's unfortunate that El Paoans who feel the need to party on the fourth are too lazy to pick up after themselves.
I live in Horizon, and every year that fireworks have been allowed, the roadsides of Eastlake, Pellicano, and Berryville/Darrington are littered with beer bottles and spent fireworks the following morning.

Fortunately, there are folks who volunteer to pick up the majority of the mess but the trash that is left off road in the desert will remain forever.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:29 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,883,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit user View Post
I've been to Galveston and I had no problem with the traffic there. And I thought it was a very nice looking town.
Totally agree. I can't imagine why anybody would think there are "crazy drivers" in Galveston. Frankly, I don't think there's a street anywhere that's posted for over 30 MPH, so nobody gets a chance to pick up any speed. If anything, traffic *crawls* in Galveston.

Note: The touristy areas do look nice, but there were still quite a few houses boarded up from Hurricane Ike. I suspect there were a lot of folks who just couldn't afford to rebuild, so there are a lot of streets in the residential areas where you see three/four/five gorgeous homes and then one boarded-up house, and so on and so on.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:21 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,345,540 times
It is drop dead gorgeous. You will think you have died and gone to a beautiful heaven w/ a huge rainbow over everything. The city has the friendliest and smartest people too! Nowhere else on earth will you find such a thrilling lifestyle, and meet such beautiful, intelligent people.

Oops, I thought I was on the Savannah forum, and had morphed into one of the "boosters" over there. Darn, I was hoping to break out the pom poms soon too. Well, I can just modify things a bit..... Go Go, El P A S O! Go Go, El P A S O!

Old 08-08-2016, 11:43 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,472,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
harry o, there was talk at one time of moving the Barn aka coliseum out to the North East. but nothing happening now.. we had the hockey team the Buzzards, but the city killed them, and we had the rattlers a inline skate hockey team, city killed them too. we had the diablos, city and owner killed them he sold them off. Someone stepped in and got a new team in a new league together, not as good as the last league. And the new owner was booking all kinds of events in the stadium.

there is also talk of a new Mall in the North East, between Diana, and Trans Mountain being built there at the foot of the mountain. We shall see. Fort Bliss has to go clean the area of unexploded ordenace first.

Also the reason Western Playland moved was because the city wants to build some complex there.. Or Performing arts thing..

the Plaza theater is back open, and its awesome! I wiill say its a gem in the rough. I saw George Carlin there, and I didn't know it was that the plaza theater was that big.. and beautiful.

Muhnay, how was the George Carlin show? I woulda loved to have had the honour to see that legend perform!

Old 08-09-2016, 12:12 AM

10 posts, read 6,935 times
The most lovely thing in El Paso are the Franklin Mountains. Particularly on starry evenings when the sun is setting.
El Paso has been named the most secure enormous city of over a large portion of a million people in America for a long time running by the "Congressional Quarterly." Even more great, it's been positioned in the main three since 1997.
http://zapatodos.top/16/thanks.png
El Paso is home to the biggest urban park in the country, Franklin Mountains State Park. Believe it or not, a frickin' mountain! What's more, this park has had guests for more than 12,000 years with pictograms and mortar pits to demonstrate it. Sitting in the Chihuahuan Desert, the reach extends for 23 miles and is flourishing with characteristic natural life like mountain lions, wild bears, brilliant hawks, and reflect on deer. The scene likewise has a variety of exercises like rock climbing, mountain biking, and trekking with the most noteworthy crest, North Franklin Peak, extending more than 7,000 feet into the sky.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:11 AM

Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Muhnay, how was the George Carlin show? I woulda loved to have had the honour to see that legend perform!
Dawn of the dead? Muhnay?!!

Old 08-10-2016, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lidyavega View Post
The most lovely thing in El Paso are the Franklin Mountains. Particularly on starry evenings when the sun is setting.
El Paso has been named the most secure enormous city of over a large portion of a million people in America for a long time running by the "Congressional Quarterly." Even more great, it's been positioned in the main three since 1997.

El Paso is home to the biggest urban park in the country, Franklin Mountains State Park. Believe it or not, a frickin' mountain! What's more, this park has had guests for more than 12,000 years with pictograms and mortar pits to demonstrate it. Sitting in the Chihuahuan Desert, the reach extends for 23 miles and is flourishing with characteristic natural life like mountain lions, wild bears, brilliant hawks, and reflect on deer. The scene likewise has a variety of exercises like rock climbing, mountain biking, and trekking with the most noteworthy crest, North Franklin Peak, extending more than 7,000 feet into the sky.
I liked when the lions, deer and bear would all just sit on the ledge in peace and in harmony, that's what I remember growing up there. If you are going to cut and paste, at least cut complete sentences, and give credit where credit is due.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso