Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 09:43 PM

811 posts, read 2,941,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
It is smaller but hello!!!! You only have 2 major citys in nm, you dont have 5 major american citys in the state to share state dollars with!
Smaller......not quite it actually looks bigger with ALOT more amenities & a bigger metro area. The city itself may have less people however Albuquerque does not count the South Valley, North Valley or Sandia Heights which are included in the metro area however are part of it's main footprint. If Albuquerque counted these area's it would have a higher population than El Paso. So no Albuquerque is not smaller.
Here we go again! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 11:21 PM

879 posts, read 3,037,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Well were just givin in some input..not to be rude, i'm just saying; since our city is smaller and has a better freeway system..and downtown for that matter.
Better freeway system??? I don't think so...
I drive on both freeway systems almost on a weekly basis these days and I can honestly say that in my opinion El Paso's freeway system is a lot better than Albuquerque's freeways. ABQ's freeways are way prettier and have nice colors painted all over the place..but it is not better than what we have in El Paso.

El Paso has I-10, Patriot freeway, Loop 375 (Purple Heart Memorial Freeway, Cesar E. Chavez Border Highway, Joe Battle Highway).. this loop freeway is almost 100% completed and surrounds the city which makes it easy to get almost anywhere in the city.
With El Paso adding the Inner Loop Freeway (Spur 601, already under construction), the full completion of Loop 375 (Southern Relief Route - ***see this video*** http://www.elpasomobility.org/videos/960-SoReliefRoute_English.wmv (broken link), another stack interchange at I-10-Loop 375, and a full connection to the Patriot freeway) and with the Northeast Parkway now in the planning stages. With these highway projects and everything else included in the $1 billion+ mobility plan..its only going to get better for El Paso.

I have nothing against Albuquerque and really like the time that I spend there, but I think Albuquerque's freeway system would be better than El Paso's..if it had a Loop freeway to make it easy to travel to places on the edges of the city. Sometimes it takes ages to get somewhere in Albuquerque or Rio Rancho..especially if you are located far from I-25 or I-40.

Albuquerque's freeways are prettier than what we have here in El Paso..but that by itself does not make them better.

Last edited by Chuco; 08-02-2008 at 12:21 AM..

Old 08-02-2008, 12:20 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
Better freeway system??? I don't think so...
I drive on both freeway systems almost on a weekly basis these days and I can honestly say that in my opinion El Paso's freeway system is a lot better than Albuquerque's freeways. ABQ's freeways are way prettier and have nice colors painted all over the place..but it is not better than what we have in El Paso.

El Paso has I-10, Patriot freeway, Loop 375 (Purple Heart Memorial Freeway, Cesar E. Chavez Border Highway, Joe Battle Highway).. this loop freeway is almost 100% completed and surrounds the city which makes it easy to get almost anywhere in the city.
With El Paso adding the Inner Loop Freeway (Spur 601, already under construction), the full completion of Loop 375 (Southern Relief Route, another stack interchange at I-10-Loop 375, and a full connection to the Patriot freeway) and with the Northeast Parkway now in the planning stages. With these highway projects and everything else included in the $1 billion+ mobility plan..its only going to get better for El Paso.

I have nothing against Albuquerque and really like the time that I spend there, but I think Albuquerque's freeway system would be better than El Paso's..if it had a Loop freeway to make it easy to travel to places on the edges of the city. Sometimes it takes ages to get somewhere in Albuquerque or Rio Rancho..especially if you are located far from I-25 or I-40.

Albuquerque's freeways are prettier than what we have here in El Paso..but that by itself does not make them better.
GUYS THIS IS THE EL PASO FORUM, NOT THE ALBQ. NEW MEXICO FORUM... Ignore the goading from them to get into yet another were better because threads.

Lets try to focus on the topic at hand.. the 1 billion dollars we got to upgrade our roads and highway system and let them stew because they didn't.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
GUYS THIS IS THE EL PASO FORUM, NOT THE ALBQ. NEW MEXICO FORUM... Ignore the goading from them to get into yet another were better because threads.

Lets try to focus on the topic at hand.. the 1 billion dollars we got to upgrade our roads and highway system and let them stew because they didn't.
LOL! Great point Muhnay. I can't wait for these new projects to get built.. we need them badly to make our highways better.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:44 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
Moderator cut: OK, this is enough! We're not going to play the game that "My roads are better then your roads" and the insults will stop. You are neighbors~act like it.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:39 PM

4 posts, read 9,547 times
Hello all, this is my first post, but longtime reader, and as you can see from my username, from the Northeast. Anyway, I use 54 everytime I go to work and noticed that some housing has been torn down by Fred Wilson overpass, (by the Marshall Gate). Is this due to the construction of the inner loop? Are there any renderings of the final product around? Thanks.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:52 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79924 View Post
Hello all, this is my first post, but longtime reader, and as you can see from my user name, from the Northeast. Anyway, I use 54 every time I go to work and noticed that some housing has been torn down by Fred Wilson overpass, (by the Marshall Gate). Is this due to the construction of the inner loop? Are there any renderings of the final product around? Thanks.
Yes, but that whole area will be torn down for the new housing thats going in.

Yes we have some post on here with maps of where it will go and all that.. but I don't think I have seen any renderings yet of what it will look like when done.

Welcome 79924 to the City-data forums, hope to hear more from you about our wonderful side of town.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:52 PM

Welcome to the board 79924!

I too haven't seen any renderings of what the full final product will look like.. Here are a couple of maps of where it will go though.
New Fort Bliss Highway
http://www.elpasompo.org/Portals/0/Maps/InnerLoopFinalSchematic.jpg (broken link)

http://elpasompo.org/Portals/0/Publications/MTP/MPO_Plan4-08.pdf (broken link)

Here is an older article about it:
KVIA.com El Paso, Las Cruces - Weather, News, Sports - Inner Loop Project begins

Old 08-29-2008, 10:09 PM

This plan has officially been approved by the state.

State OKs $1 billion for El Paso roads, mass transit - El Paso Times

$1 billion will be making its way into El Paso to improve and build our highways in El Paso.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:14 PM

272 posts, read 1,063,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
This plan has officially been approved by the state.

State OKs $1 billion for El Paso roads, mass transit - El Paso Times

$1 billion will be making its way into El Paso to improve and build our highways in El Paso.
Anyone has any latest renderings for any of these projects?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso