Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 12:39 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
He sounds like any other politician to me. What is weird though he sounds like he wants to go back to the time in history when people that look like him were not doing too well. Incidentally, were the hell was he 8 years ago?
What does where he was 8 years ago have to do with where he is today?

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 09:02 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
One thing to keep in mind, no one has this race leaning Rep or even a toss up. Larry Sabato has this as lean Democratic, Congressional Quarterly, Rothenberg and the Cook Political Report all have it as likely Democratic/ Democrat Favored.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:28 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,640 times
You have a lot of anger towards America, wouldn't you be happier in France?

Are you an Enemy of this country? Is that what your handle means? If not and you think the U.S.A. is your enemy why do you stay?

You come across as very angry and VERY conflicted. Must suck to be you.

Allen West is electable, I hope to see him make it to the top, I would vote for him in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Link please? So your saying you like david duke as president because of black racist like farakhan?

Last edited by Inoxkeeper; 08-30-2010 at 08:29 AM..

Old 08-30-2010, 07:57 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
He sounds like any other politician to me. What is weird though he sounds like he wants to go back to the time in history when people that look like him were not doing too well. Incidentally, were the hell was he 8 years ago?
8 years ago he was serving his country in Iraq as commander of the 2d Battalion, 20th Field Artillery Regiment.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:38 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,640 times
That's gonna leave a mark!

Allen West is the real deal, something that Barry can only dream about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
8 years ago he was serving his country in Iraq as commander of the 2d Battalion, 20th Field Artillery Regiment.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:55 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
That's gonna leave a mark!

Allen West is the real deal, something that Barry can only dream about.
His comment about he would walk thru hell holding a can of gasoline for his men. Shows the mans honor. He has proven he puts the life of the men under him over his own. He is a man of his word and that you've got to respect.

I've met him a couple times he is very friendly. He came early to the events. I've seen him at. He'll talk to everyone that wants to speak with him as long as it takes

Old 08-31-2010, 06:41 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
He told a crowd of tea partiers his mom was a life time member of the NAACP,the tea partys most hated enemy. He will go down in flames just like all those judas blacks in the tea party.
What constitutes a Judas Black?
1 That thinks Jessie Jackson and Sharpton are frauds?
1 That doesn't feel entitled?
Was Colin Powell a Judas?

Old 08-31-2010, 06:44 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Its not about the republican party its about the tea party. Formed to destroy President Obama and the idea of him at all cost.
Links please. I thought they were formed because some folks are tired of a government that no longer represents the needs of the people who elected them to do a job. I thought it was about holding elected officals accountable for not doing what they said they would do.
Is Obama in that catagory? If so the blame rests with his party.
The voters spoke and fired a good many republican encumbants. We need to do the same accross the board.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:48 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What does where he was 8 years ago have to do with where he is today?

Nita
Its quite simple, many of todays black politicians are getting more airtime primarily Republicans in order to get more minoriteis i.e blacks into their party. 8 years ago the republican party gave a rats azz if the blacks latinos ect ever wanted join. With the emergence of Obama and the support that he has gotten from the black/latino community the republicans feel that they should have a few "faces or color" in their corner. They did the same thing when they wanted more women to vote for them when they tried to counter Hillary Clinton with an air headed Palin.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:52 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What constitutes a Judas Black?
1 That thinks Jessie Jackson and Sharpton are frauds?
1 That doesn't feel entitled?
Was Colin Powell a Judas?
Colin Powell was a TRUE republican and would have gotten the support of many level headed blacks until the Bush administration ruined his reputation with that war crap

One other thing I don't think that C. Powell would have been part of the tea party anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections