Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 10:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,927,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The media didn't do this. Sarah Palin did it by interjecting herself into every single thing she possibly could. Not to mention working for the network a whole slew of potential GOP candidates all flocked to for jobs is going to get you coverage.
sorry, I just can't agree with you on this one. Yes, she played into the medais hands but they were the ones that started with tearing her down, no matter what she did or said. People started feeling sorry for the way she was being attacked and began to support her. Then, and only then did she decide this is fun. From then on she took on a new role. As for the FOX news thing, that came way after the press got ahold of her.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
And I'm losing respect for him by the day. I liked him while he was the Governor of my home state, but he's slowly starting to sell out. Sad.
Is it really selling out or just selling. Remember compromises, and good PR is what is needed to get the votes. I wish it could be achieved just with good honest views and sticking with them, but that isn't the way it works.

NIta

Old 03-20-2011, 10:50 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,315,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Here we go again, the republican establishment trying to shove someone I don't like up my backside because he is "moderate".

If Romney wins the primary I will vote for Obama and maybe then the repuke establishment will learn it isn't a smart move to ignore their conservative base.
That in essence is the get paradox with Republican Party. No Republican candidate can win the nomination without playing to the base. And no Republican nominee can win the White House by playing just to the base.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Does not matter.

If Newt runs he wins.

He will clean the floor with Obama snot easily.

He would eat Obama alive in any debate as Newt is far more intelligent and schooled then Obama.

Obama cannot possible win any re-election based on how Americans are thinking today.

Proof was in the pudding in November when we the dems lost in massive numbers and suffered one of the worst defeats EVER and it happened during Obamas watch.

What American would vote for Obama knowing his massive failure, mistakes and wrong doings?
I can't help but wonder how many Republicans especially social conservatives are going to be willing to hold their nose and vote for a man that cheated on TWO WIVES. An top of that he's a CATHOLIC that will also lose him some votes in primaries with Mike Huckabee.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
For a Republican landslide in 2012 the GOP candidate would have to take one of the big northeastern blue states i.e. Pennsylvania and/or California as well as all of the states Bush won in 2004. I don't really see that happening no matter who runs. If in 2012 we are looking at Dow 4000 and unemployment 35% as I predict we will be, does anybody think it could happen? Will Americans stick with Obama or will there be a Republican landslide not seen since 1988?
The Republicans can't win the White House if the Republican's can't win the Midwest. The 2012 election is going to a referendum for many people on the Republican Party's policies and legislation with regard to public employee unions in Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan. By the way these are all pro-union states.

The Republicans might win Indiana. But there are going to have their work cut out for them winning Wisconsin, Ohio and Michigan.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
infortunately right now, I really am not sure. I would guess Daniels would have to be close to the top if he can get his name known a little more. Of course the possible could bes are probably too new like you have mentioned: Christie and Rubio for starters. I have very mixed feeling about Huck, first I don't think he will run. If he does, whether he could pull it off would depend on what Obama does in the next 12 months or so. Pawlenty has some good ideas, but I don' think he has the personality. Paul Ryan, question mark and believe it or not I am not sure Barbour couldn't pull an upset. He has said some very damaging things, unfortunately. It still all boils down to how Obama handles future crisis, so far he isn't doing too well.

Nita
I'm not sure Daniels can raise enough money to make serious run. The less name recognition you have the more money you need to get your name out to make yourself known.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I'm not sure Daniels can raise enough money to make serious run. The less name recognition you have the more money you need to get your name out to make yourself known.
I know and that is what worries me, but remember, with all his name recognition McCains entire campaign almost fell apart in 2007. In fact most of his staff left to seek other jobs with other politicians. add to that Dainels is showing up on TV programs, his name comes up quite often and he will gain some recognition if this continues.

Nita

Old 03-20-2011, 01:59 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,253,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Does not matter.

If Newt runs he wins.

He will clean the floor with Obama snot easily.

He would eat Obama alive in any debate as Newt is far more intelligent and schooled then Obama.

Obama cannot possible win any re-election based on how Americans are thinking today.

Proof was in the pudding in November when we the dems lost in massive numbers and suffered one of the worst defeats EVER and it happened during Obamas watch.

What American would vote for Obama knowing his massive failure, mistakes and wrong doings?
I wouldn't vote for that bible thumping adultress. How many wives has this heathen had? Newt is a nut.

Mitt is okay, but the dumbass southern fundies will keep him out.

You're left with a nut. And another nut.

Obama is in for 2012

Old 03-25-2011, 03:34 PM

49 posts, read 53,265 times
Healthcare will be an important issue next year, Romneycare will 'kill' Romney.Sad because I think is way better than Palin or Bachmann

Old 03-26-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckerPunch View Post
Healthcare will be an important issue next year, Romneycare will 'kill' Romney.Sad because I think is way better than Palin or Bachmann
Palin and Bachmann, what makes you think one of them will get the nod, heck they may not even run.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections