Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 09:20 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,312,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
When they cringe at the light, I can't help but enjoy the moment. White trash or not. Besides, why do you assume that trash comes only in one color?
I said thugs (black trash) as well as white trash.

I discriminate equally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 09:20 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,344,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
If it is my property, I can rent to whom ever I want to. There is NO law that says I can't do that. There only laws that say you can't deny someone becuase of race. Deny them for other reasons and you'll be fine.
And that sir is EXACTLY what has been going on for years, people denying others from housing, education and decent employment opportunities by using some other "lame" excuse to discriminate.

I don't agree with you, but at least you were honest about your discriminatory practices

Old 05-16-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If he's denied because of his race, yes.

What the hell is an intercity club anyways?
LOL, not sure if serious.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
And that sir is EXACTLY what has been going on for years, people denying others from housing, education and decent employment opportunities by using some other "lame" excuse to discriminate.

I don't agree with you, but at least you were honest about your discriminatory practices
Discriminating against riff raff who you suspect will trash your place is only logical, and not to mention perfectly legal when you stick to that theme.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:26 AM

11,762 posts, read 14,683,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
dennys got hit with a 700,000 dollar lawsuit for refusing service to black officers in the early 90s.

you can find that anywhere on the net.

they still haven't recovered after that almost 20 years later.

i find it funny now how they make sure they have blacks in there commercials now.

dennys is a perfect example of practicing racism by refusal of service, people making noise about it, and dennys being put in there place from all the negative PR.

no serious company is going to have a no anything sign, which is why i kind of agree with paul.

but things are much different now then in the 1960's.

the law was needed in the 60's, since a majority of establishments refused to do business with blacks. it wasn't just 1 or 2 here or there, it was a majority.
Your post contradicts your point. Denny's did it and got away with it until they got sued. If they hadn't been sued they might still be up to their same discriminatory practices today.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:28 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,862,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I said thugs (black trash) as well as white trash.

I discriminate equally.
I don't discriminate. I just prefer to call trash what it is... trash.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I don't discriminate. I just prefer to call trash what it is... trash.
In complete agreement for once.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:32 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,344,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
So, if a redneck hick tries to enter an intercity club primarily catering to AAs and is denied service, can he sue?
Actually he still will be served just under suspious looks and giggles. Blacks (for the most part) have hostrically opened their businesses to non-blacks, now if they choose NOT to go is a different matter. Even when Jim crow was at it's peak, there were still some whites that went into black establishments but not the other way around.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Actually he still will be served just under suspious looks and giggles.
Any pics to back up that claim?

Maybe if he brought a white woman with him, based on the desperate hope they could get with her.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:35 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,786,360 times
I am white, but I would boycott any shop with such a sign in the window. And I guess every decent member of society would do the same.
I wonder why any politician even makes such a silly statement...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections