Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 07:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I'm sure you tell Repugs to get over that stupid business of Obama saying 57 states...isn't it "sad' repugs can't let that die...it was three years ago for heaven's sake.

And although Sarah didn't say those EXACT words, she did imply she had foriegn affairs experience because of Alaska's proximity to Russia...any paraphrasing couldn't be more stupid than that.
actually I don't, but I do not bring it up myself unless someone brings up one of these stupid old, overdone comments. I don't see the comment about the number of states we have mentioned here anymore period unless someone brings up the Palin comment or some other comment that was misquoted or misunderstood years ago. Regardless both sides should let these slips just go away. There are many more important things to worry about than where Alaska is in relationship to Russia (even thoough they are very close in proximity) or what Obama meant when he referred to 57 states.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 07:54 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Sarah Palin tells Newsweek: I can win - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

The drama continues. I think Palin wants her strip tease act to go on forever, but I think the boys have left the club.
Sarah Palin is a joke and media manipulator in the same vein as Donald Trump, Paris Hilton and Charlie Sheen, not a serious politician.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Sarah Palin is a joke and media manipulator in the same vein as Donald Trump, Paris Hilton and Charlie Sheen, not a serious politician.
I agree about her not being a serious politician, but she is, in no way, anything like Thrump and Sheen, nor is Trump like Sheen. You are comparing apples to bananas, oranges or melons. Thump was never elected to a public office, he never even ran and Sheen, though not a politician might be elected to the "Druggy Hall of Fame" someday. As for Paris Hilton, that is another subject for another day.

NIta

Old 07-11-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I agree about her not being a serious politician, but she is, in no way, anything like Thrump and Sheen, nor is Trump like Sheen. You are comparing apples to bananas, oranges or melons. Thump was never elected to a public office, he never even ran and Sheen, though not a politician might be elected to the "Druggy Hall of Fame" someday. As for Paris Hilton, that is another subject for another day.

NIta
The common denominator I meant for Trump, Sheen and Hilton is they all manipulate the press for exposure. Bad Press is better than no press.

I think Palin does the same thing - manipulate the press for exposure.
She doesn't announce she'll run, but she hangs around the fringes and keeps her name in the news.

That's all I meant. i wasn't trying to imply I thought she did drugs or anything.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:31 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
actually I don't, but I do not bring it up myself unless someone brings up one of these stupid old, overdone comments. I don't see the comment about the number of states we have mentioned here anymore period unless someone brings up the Palin comment or some other comment that was misquoted or misunderstood years ago. Regardless both sides should let these slips just go away. There are many more important things to worry about than where Alaska is in relationship to Russia (even thoough they are very close in proximity) or what Obama meant when he referred to 57 states.

Nita
Are you seriously arguing that nobody here brings up 57 states unless somebody else brings up a misquotation or mischaracterization from something that took place years ago?

I just want to make sure I understand you clearly before I spend about ten minutes to find threads from the past couple of weeks where some Republican is currently quoted as saying something dumb and we get a bevy of "57 states" responses.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:35 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,032 times
Quote:
Really? How would you know your insulting slanderous comment toward Sarah Palin... is accurate. Do you even care? Don't answer...because it's clear you don't.

And I am now am regretful I supported your Thread about your daughter. I actually...now... doubt your credibility and validity.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:32 PM

6,800 posts, read 14,021,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Palin will never get the GOP nomination, but she can still cause a commotion at the convention. All she really wants is attention-and cash. She proved she's not cut out for governing when she walked away from her day job in Alaska to pursue fame and fortune.

It is my very fond hope that she runs anyway as an Independent/Tea Party candidate. She would peel enough votes away from Romney to give Obama the win.

Spot on

I have nothing against Mrs. Palin but it is clearly about the money with her. She is going to ride the money train as far as she can. Nothing wrong with this but I do see it for what it is.

Reggie

Old 07-11-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Really? How would you know your insulting slanderous comment toward Sarah Palin... is accurate. Do you even care? Don't answer...because it's clear you don't.

Are you upset because I said Sarah Palin is a joke?
She is a media manipulator?
or that she is not a serious politician?

Those are my opinions and I believe them.
I don't think there is anything slanderous about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
And I am now am regretful I supported your Thread about your daughter. I actually...now... doubt your credibility and validity.
If you said something you didn't believe to support something I said, then no, you shouldn't have. If you said something you believe, that supports something I said, then I don't understand your point.

As for anything I said on the other thread, it is the truth as I perceive it.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:04 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Spot on

I have nothing against Mrs. Palin but it is clearly about the money with her. She is going to ride the money train as far as she can. Nothing wrong with this but I do see it for what it is.

Reggie
You might need a vision check up. Sarah must keep herself ''in the News'' if she is going to run for President. What would you suggest...she hide?

Old 07-11-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
The common denominator I meant for Trump, Sheen and Hilton is they all manipulate the press for exposure. Bad Press is better than no press.

I think Palin does the same thing - manipulate the press for exposure.
She doesn't announce she'll run, but she hangs around the fringes and keeps her name in the news.

That's all I meant. i wasn't trying to imply I thought she did drugs or anything.
ok, I'll buy that. When I re-read your post I thought it was a little deeper than how I took in at face value.

NIta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections