Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 08:55 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Media bias against her? .
I have to agree. She had a 1 in a million opportunity fall in her lap when McCain selected her as his running mate and she made her popular debut speech. It would be awesome to have seen what a woman with serious political ambition and know how would have done with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 08:57 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,778,487 times
Sarah Palin can't win. I hope she runs, just to see her lose. She needs a reality check.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:01 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Sarah Palin can't win. I hope she runs, just to see her lose. She needs a reality check.
Sarah could wind up with a government 'check.' As in $400.000 K a year...for 4 years.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:44 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Sarah could wind up with a government 'check.' As in $400.000 K a year...for 4 years.
Wanna bet?

Old 07-11-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Wanna bet?
Thanks for the contribution. Compelling stuff.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:21 AM

521 posts, read 1,151,661 times
Default They don't let nothing die nmnita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
get over that stupid business about seeing Russia from her back yard or from Alaska. It wasn't meant to be taken that way. I do not support her, I do not think she would be a good Pres, but I do think it is almost sad you libs can't let something die. This was 3 years ago for heavens sake.

Nita

It's been a witch hunt against Sarah Palin since she first made the news.
I DO think she's be a much better president than Obama's been. I've talked to many Alaskan people and they were quite impressed with how she ran things and the good she did for the Alaskan people.
She wants to help the country, not hurt it.. It is just cuz she's a woman, white and pretty, that everyone's jealous of her??

While you might not like the fact that she's very religious. she represents a lot better values, than any of the other candidates who are running at the moment. I'd vote for her. And I DID vote for her. so there

Old 07-12-2011, 12:30 AM

Media bias doesn't describe it! Geezus Lord! I've never seen someone bashed by the media for so long, especially since they're not even in office anymore!
Give it a rest! She's an American, a wife, a mother. So WHAT she & McCain didn't win. but they did NOT lose by much either!
I've never seen a losing candidate for president bashed repeatedly so long after the election was OVER!

Yeah, and you call the GOPs hateful and racist.. I think the liberals are nothing but a bunch of misygynists and haters of the older americans myself.
I'm tired of all this garbage. You can elect a black man, but god forbid you elect a woman??

And you call yourself liberals? What's so "liberal" about that? pfft!

Old 07-12-2011, 12:38 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMarley View Post
Media bias doesn't describe it! Geezus Lord! I've never seen someone bashed by the media for so long, especially since they're not even in office anymore!
Give it a rest! She's an American, a wife, a mother. So WHAT she & McCain didn't win. but they did NOT lose by much either!
I've never seen a losing candidate for president bashed repeatedly so long after the election was OVER!

Yeah, and you call the GOPs hateful and racist.. I think the liberals are nothing but a bunch of misygynists and haters of the older americans myself.
I'm tired of all this garbage. You can elect a black man, but god forbid you elect a woman??

And you call yourself liberals? What's so "liberal" about that? pfft!
What are you ranting about? She in NOT just "and American wife, a mother"...she is a political spokesperson, reality tv personality and author. She and her family have continually put themselves in the public realm. It's how she makes a living!! And who is calling themselves "liberal"? That has nothing to do with it.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:44 AM

so what she wrote a book? And she was in what ONE tv show? Big deal. Ronald Reagan was a movie star before he became president. Arnold Swatzernagger stared in numerous movies too.
She speaks her mind.. that makes her a "Political Spokesperson". This is America. Freedom of speech, is one of our rights, even for women!

And didn't writing a book or two, help Obama secure the Presidental nomination?

You know.. i don't know why the entire country, has to always dump on Sarah Palin. It's like the liberals "new little hobby".
It's gotten old, very old... But then, you didn't want McCain as president either cuz he was over 70!
So, it's just plain out discrimination. Don't elect women, don't elect older men to office.
And that's "liberal" huh?
You need to look up the meaning of the word "liberal", it means broad-minded. However, present day "liberals" if you want to call yourself that, jump keep on trashing people who don't agree with their particular mindset. I'd not call liberal myself. Nope, far from it.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:37 AM

Default Got some 'inside baseball' for ya, Dana -- A tip..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMarley View Post
so what she wrote a book? And she was in what ONE tv show? Big deal. Ronald Reagan was a movie star before he became president. Arnold Swatzernagger stared in numerous movies too.
She speaks her mind.. that makes her a "Political Spokesperson". This is America. Freedom of speech, is one of our rights, even for women!

And didn't writing a book or two, help Obama secure the Presidental nomination?

You know.. i don't know why the entire country, has to always dump on Sarah Palin. It's like the liberals "new little hobby".
It's gotten old, very old... But then, you didn't want McCain as president either cuz he was over 70!
So, it's just plain out discrimination. Don't elect women, don't elect older men to office.
And that's "liberal" huh?
You need to look up the meaning of the word "liberal", it means broad-minded. However, present day "liberals" if you want to call yourself that, jump keep on trashing people who don't agree with their particular mindset. I'd not call liberal myself. Nope, far from it.

First off, Dana....you sound like an 'animated' me....Great couple of 'sound off' posts above. I wish about a few hundred of us could hit the T.V.'s and Radio stations. I've spoken up STRONG about Sarah on a big nation wide >>Sirius radio show<< in the afternoons.

So, here's the 'inside scoop' about Sarah Palin...and why all these obnoxious 'libs' won't stop bad-mouthing her.

They're SCARED as hell of her. She's a female 'Ronald Reagan' who sucks all the oxygen out of a Liberal's nostrils. Like you mentioned....she stands for GOD, Country, Family and high standards....with moral values!!!

You know....Everything most 'libs' are trying to bury.

Sarah is a bigger threat to the 'bad guy' than ANY candidate in recent memory. She'll fight for what is RIGHT...and Righteous, I believe. Listen....I've figured out why all the ''Movie stars''...etc. Gays, etc. are afraid of her....she'll make real change...changes 'they' don't want.

Glad I saw your 'Rant'..haha...got me Fired up....Again!

Last edited by quality guy; 07-12-2011 at 01:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections