Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 07:22 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Huntsman is not going anywhere except back home. Romney doesn't rant and rave is fairly moderate compared to people like Ron Paul and Bachmann. It's so funny to see those pushing Huntsman because he doesn't really itimidate anyone.
Seriously. It's hard to be intimidated by people who believe the earth is only 6,000 years old and that humans were created by spontaneous combustion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Who feels intimidated by Romney?

I don't mean, who might be against him for various things (waffling, phoniness, Mormon have all been said), but who feels intimidated by him?

And is eliciting a feeling of intimidation an asset or liability for a candidate, especially in the general election?
'Intimidation', and 'scared' are two of the fringe right's favorite buzz words. They've neglected to update them and after two years it has become laughable and cliche.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:27 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,318,139 times
Why is there such an emphasis on appearing "tough" and "macho?" I guess some candidates have fears about looking like a "sissy" or weakling or ??...It all seems crazy to me and silly and immature...It's hard for me to trust a candidate who "pops off at the mouth" in erratic and impulsive ways...How would they handle a crisis? Would they take time to look at all sides and think things "through" before they decide to "act?"

Old 08-23-2011, 10:08 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Seriously. It's hard to be intimidated by people who believe the earth is only 6,000 years old and that humans were created by spontaneous combustion.
And which of the candidates believes tht?

Old 08-23-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
And which of the candidates believes tht?
It wasn't directed at any candidates.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:35 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,460,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
As much as I love Ron Paul and what he stands for, Romney and Perry are the only two that have been blessed by the Bilderbergs. So Huntsman is out.
Really folks, if voting actually meant anything, do think it would still be legal???
So what? Why limit your choices to Bilderberg picks? Bilderberg chosen Presidents end up making this country WORSE. The idea is to AVOID the Bilderberg picks. Besides I don't think Romney was ever invited to a Bilderberg meeting although he may be getting some campaign money. Last election they picked McCain.

Huntsman barely got a fraction of what Romney and Perry got of votes in Iowa and THEY who are way ahead of Huntsman came in an embarrassing 7th and 6th place .

I don't know why anyone is still talking about Huntsman.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
So what? Why limit your choices to Bilderberg picks? Bilderberg chosen Presidents end up making this country WORSE. The idea is to AVOID the Bilderberg picks. Besides I don't think Romney was ever invited to a Bilderberg meeting although he may be getting some campaign money. Last election they picked McCain.

Huntsman barely got a fraction of what Romney and Perry got of votes in Iowa and THEY who are way ahead of Huntsman came in an embarrassing 7th and 6th place .

I could be wrong as I've no repub crystal ball, but it's early in this race. It wouldn't surprise me to see Huntsman come on much stronger later in the fall. Romney will last, IMO, but Perry will fizzle since he's so mouthy----all hat and no cattle. Bachmann is just a nutcase; no appeal to most of America. She has the fringe following and that is all she has. Newt is old school and doesn't seem to be focused. Pawlenty is out and I've forgotten the others. Oh yeah, Ron Paul. He'll switch to independant after the repubs make their nomination. I don't vote repub, However; I would give Huntsman a long and serious consideration. Just need to learn more about him.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:11 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,684,460 times
In the words of the media on how they treat Ron Paul. John Huntsman is unelectable.

See difference is Ron Paul actually has money and a message which is better then the former OBAMA china advisor.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:29 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,171,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Who feels intimidated by Romney?

I don't mean, who might be against him for various things (waffling, phoniness, Mormon have all been said), but who feels intimidated by him?

And is eliciting a feeling of intimidation an asset or liability for a candidate, especially in the general election?

Intimidated as in an actual threat of winning, not beating somebody up or something...lol.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:31 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,171,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post

I don't think you understand that straw polls are not the best indicator of who is leading who this early, especially if you don't participate in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections